Plant abuse chart

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by woody, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Lol what was u smoking crack? sound like u got ur head busted on some fake green. kids these days

2. naa i posted it at icmag way before OG ever went down... im the one who wrote it along with the growing community :)

3. hi,

i was wondering if anyone could tell me why the edges of the young leaves near the growing tips on most of my shoots are starting to curl downwards??

im growing under a 400w HPS light,,, all my other plants in the same cab are fine...

could it be underwatering that causes the leaves to curl under from the edges??

ive never had this problem before...

im growing in good quality potting soil mixed with perlite,,, its the mix ive used for years,,, i also use bio bizz nutrients,,, but the plants have only ever had to small dosages of grow ferts,,, because my soil has sufficient nutes in it already to see the plant thru...

this curling has just only started happening since i flipped the lights onto 12/12 a couple of days ago...

any suggestions would be gladly appreciated guys... ive hunted around, but i cant seem to find my answers...

thanks in advance...

• Like Like x 1
  4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thats some pictures of the problem im reffering to if they are of any help...

5. if they curl under and get crunchy flush with water, it could be like a build up of nutrients in the soil or something i had this problem and im seeing other people havin it too and im still not sure what it is. i flushed then treated for magnesium and and the other problems it looked like. and a week or two later the leaves that curled bad and crunched up were still bad but it didnt spread and no new growth was affected.

6. the leaves aint going crispy... they still feel normal... they are just curlin under...

the soil was bone dry,,, so i just watered it, hopefully it was underwatering that was the cause of this.... i really dont think its to much ferts... ive only gave these plants two very small doses of bio grow and tehy are about 5 weeks old...

7. Aye, the overgrow links are all gone now (though the growfaq is mirrored in a few places around the web), but that IC Mag link (bottom of page one of this thread) is quite excellent.

I also found this to be very useful...

http://oregonstate.edu/dept/hort/dpd/chemkey.htm

-mu

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Nice link.
    Even for a smart guy like me some parts are hard to understand.
    Does anyone on this forum actually know what they mean with :

:confused: :confused: 'Terminal shoot meristems also die giving rise to a witch's broom. ':confused: :confused:

because I'm at a loss there....
    Sounds like something out of a fairy tale....

9. Being smart won't help, unless it leads you to research some; it's a lingo thing...

Terminal shoot meristems is basically the main (apical) growing shoot.

witch's broom is a condition where loads of stems all bunch up together to form what looks like, wait for it... a witches broom. Different things cause it with different plants. It's quite common with berry bushes.

Lots of things in the plant kingdom sound like they come straight out of a fairy tale.
    Or is it the other way around? ;)

-mu

10. lol nice plant!

11. hahah damn dude me and my coworker got a laugh out of that one. sorry man but i dont know what you smoked if you got that seed out of your bag. but damn hahahah that is for damn sure not buddha!

12. Thanks alot -mu!!! I'm happily suprised someone knows and replies.
    Funny how people use language.
    So basically

'Terminal shoot meristems also die giving rise to a witch's broom.'

means :

'If the main shoot gets capped, you get a lot of side growth.'

We could put this one on a fortune cookie!:D

13. im a begining grower and i havent been sucsseful growing alone...i have previusly only had one plant and the guy i was growing with fucked up and it turned male so we just said fuck it......any way i need to know how wet or dry should the soil be to start a plant the best...i already know the napkin trick and i get them started but they never sprout .......i think i am making careless mistakes like planting to deep or watering to much...got any ¿¿¿??tips??????¿¿¿:confused:

14. im a begining grower and i havent been sucsseful growing alone...i have previusly only had one plant and the guy i was growing with fucked up and it turned male so we just said fuck it......any way i need to know how wet or dry should the soil be to start a plant the best...i already know the napkin trick and i get them started but they never sprout .......i think i am making careless mistakes like planting too deep or watering to much...got any ¿¿¿??tips??????¿¿¿:confused:

15. wenthesmkclears,

Wet the paper towel, wrap the seeds in the towel, put towel in a zip lock baggie [not sealed] and put the whole shebang on something warm like a computer. If they do not hatch within as week, they were probably not viable seeds and it was nothing that you did wrong.

As for soil, plant the seed as soon as that little white tap root pokes through the seed. Plant it only about 1/2 inch deep, root tip down, and place it in soil that you wet BEFORE putting seed in there. Place some saran wrap over top of pot to keep moisture in, and take wrap off as soon as that bad girl has poked through the soil. Then put the light on it and don't water again until the soil is dry to at least 2 inches deep and the pot feels light in weight when you lift it up.

16. whenthesmkclears,

well, smknVtec really covered it... but remember not to pack the soil too tight... and make sure you've got some perlite in your soil.

If you want higher chances of having a female, I heard that higher temperature & humidity increase your chances on developing a female. Not too sure it's true, but it's worth a shot. Remember to keep the temperature between 22-28 degrees celsius (72-80F?), and the moisture at 50-70% for veg.

As for your last plant turning out to be male, I don't think that was your buddy fucking up, that just happens.

Have fun!
    And remember... it's always 4:20 Somewhere... :smoking:

17. Ya think? What the hell is it?

Hiigel

18. iF YOU WISH TO KEEP IT SIMPLE, THERE ARE PRODUCTS CALLED PH UP AND PH DOWN. gO EASY, IT DOES NOT TAKE MUCH. aBOUT $13.00 US, AND AVALIABLE ALMOST EVERYWHERE. HOPE IT HELPS, AND HERE'S WISHING YOU A HAPPY GROW!!
    P.S. WATCH FOR THE MALES AND KILL THEM ASAP AFTER YOU SEE THE BALLS.
    Hiigel

19. Ph Up and Down will adjust your ph in water, which will raise or lower it to the proper ph level