Being an introvert living in an extroverts world...

Discussion in 'General' started by Anaru, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Its an extremely true statement. I said it in high school all the fucking time in classes and people would just sit there and not say anything so would the teacher. Because it's so true. I was an outcast in high school but a great person today so its whatever. Think of it this way. Your parents. You do good and never get in trouble. They "love" you. Or you do bad and go to jail in life. They "hate" or at the least "dislike" you. Its based so much on what you do. Michael Jackson had a hard time with people after the release of Thriller............ Why? Because he could tell off the bat that people wanted to be around him or "friends" with him because he made such a great hit album. Believe it or not. This fucked with Michale. We wanted to find someone who really truely wanted to be his friend based on who he was and not what he had done. Its fucking crazy but its so true. Think about it. Become a billionaire and give your money to a bunch of people in this country. They'll love you. They find out your a pyschopathic pillhead. They start to disrespect you.... See the flaws and the patterns. Humanity is fucked up man.

2. Exotoverts are so primitive. We must rise up and eliminate them! We are the True race!

( lol just fucking with u)

3. Yea, some real shit dude. People are dumb. Simple as that, unless they do something they're nothing. But being a dick is easier than educating yourself. Just people are fucked.

4. +reeeeepppppp Thats an awesome fucking statement man. That makes a lot of sense to me lol. Because I study this type of shit a lot and have for years. Don't get me wrong I love some people out there but a lot I just can't stand. And I can't help it and I'm just being honest. Is that a crime:confused:

5. Wow, I think this is the most engaging conversation I've after had on this site. Seriously you guys are making me think about this so hard. I'm starting to understand how extroverts minds work and how I can get along with them. It is crazy how different we are though!

6. i feel you bro... ive somehow become an introverted extrovert.. lol i dont know what that is but yeah im very self indulged but i can relate to my very active friends... i wonder if its normal to be in between?

7. I'm an extrovert, and don't think we're being assholes when we're talking a lot, that's just what comes natural to us.

We think of something, we'll say it and just keep talking. I don't mind when the other dude I'm chilling with isn't saying much back, it's just fun to talk.

8. Ya Im pretty introverted and agree with almost everything I see on here.
    I definitely dont see anything wrong with just chillin and taking in as much as you can, and only saying something when it has any sort of importance.

A few of my friends are pretty extroverted but I think its fun hanging out wit them cuz they always have good shit to talk about.

9. i can totally dig where you're coming from. when i was a kid and a teenager i was always told i shouln't be so shy and talk more.

i still get that sometimes. but i'm learning to live in this extroverted world i guess.

10. holy fuck i can relate to everything being said here
    +rep OP

us introverts seem to generally have a much better head on our shoulders.
    we think about what we say and do instead of just whatever pops into our heads, and make better decisions because of it.
    all of my really extroverted friends seem to always be getting themselves into these stupid situations that if they had just put a little more thought into what they were doing or saying, could easily have been avoided.

11. #32 jimboob, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2009
    I think introverts do have shitty social skills, but as you can see from the people in this thread, instead of hiding away in a basement playing games we accept the fact that we're introverted and start looking at life differently. I'm definatly more of a freethinker then alotta people i know. And since I accepted the fact that im intorverted it's actually been easier to socialize because i don't really care anymore...

People who are extraverted i think make decisions or form opinions without really thinking about them and for the most part go along with what everyone else is saying.

I mean if watch the news, and belive everything they tell you without question, the media can get you to belive everything. It happend with weed and we all know the truth to that.

Same thing with the swine flu. Do people not realize that getting the regular flu is worse and deadlier? My mom just came into my room all serious and told me that this guy down the block got the swine flu. She knows nothing about it other then she's heard on tv.

There's alot of other garbage that the masses are scared into beliving. Bird flu, swine flu, Y2K, 2012, I think the Iraq war could be questioned, hell im even gonna say that the whole Christianity thing is a load of bullshit. It's a nice set of rules, but its just fairy tales. If there is an afterlife i think it's nothing we could think up.

12. first part, yes
    second part, no

Swine flue is not that big of a deal, it's just another variant of the flu.
    The reason the media made a big deal about was because there was no vaccination.
    Not to mention a few people dieing from it.
    But then again mass amounts of people are dieing every day.
    On a happier note, there are also mass amount of healthy babies being born every day.
    But ya, now there is a vaccination for swine flu.
    So no worries...

Secondly, Christianity is not a bunch of fairy tales.
    Whether or not you believe in God, doesn't really matter to me.
    The Bible is not some made up fairy tales to get you to do the right thing.
    The Bible is history written by people living in that time; living the moment.
    It's not some stories that got around but word of mouth.
    The Bible can be backed up by both scientific facts, and other accent articles of writing.
    ex: dead sea scroll

And to think the Bible has been around of these years and is still word for word, exactly the same, as the first one ever written.

The same historical arguments could be made with the Holy Quran.
    That is also a piece of history written by people who where living the moment, per say.

Before you go around spreading lies, allow your self to know the truth first.

Rant over...

13. but staying on topic, being an introvert is not that bad in its self
    because you know the answer to...

How many people are introverts?
    a minority in the regular population but a majority in the gifted population :D

14. I dont think he said the bible was Bullshit, which i sure dont

I think He said that Christianity was Bullshit.. which i sure do

15. ever just walking down the street and a group of like 5 girls explode with laughter as if the funniest thing in the world was just uttered by one of them?

Jeez....

16. We introverts should all get together and have an Introvert Con or something. Then we can all feel accepted and hang out and not say anything.

17. word . and historically speaking- the christians weren't the first ones with the bible ......... and i don't think you can honestly make a new testament because you had a dream or some bullshit.

Back on topic:

An introvert con would be amazing. If weed is ever legalized I'm gonna open up an introvert marijuana lounge. I will make a rule- people that make too much small talk have to smoke everyone up in the lounge. :smoking:

18. It sure does get annoying when people constantly ask you if your okay and why you aren't talking. I'm just sitting there in class starring into space and people always say this shit. Yes if I'm hanging out with friends I will talk, not because I want to but because nobody wants to hang with people who don't do shit. My entire social life is just 1 big act.

19. but, im both

what does that make me

i love being by myself
    but i love being around ppl

i used to seek and throw parties(but that quickly got thrown out the window when i found out throwing parties sucks)
    i still go to parties tho, when friends are going, or if i hear of some
    i love meeting new ppl
    and "building conversations/ideas" with other ppl/opinions

sometimes ppl really piss me off
    and i hate being around them
    hence being by myself

i act the same around ppl as i do when im by myself
    im very outspoken about my opinions
    and i small talk when i have to(work)

and i also will talk when me and whoever are making jokes(i love hilarity)
    i also talk, and engage in normal conversation(as if someone was there) when im by myself, laughing and everything
    (i know im weird, but i prefer the term unique)

so i guess im an intrextrovert?