The Scrog Method

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by greenmonster714, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Your canopy needs to be "tucked" under the the trellis other wise you are just giving support to the main shoots. Look at the pics above. That is an ideal scrog. Very nicely tucked, exposing maximum bud sites.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #823 Ajo_84, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2016
    Thanks, the Picture was taken shortly before training, been tucking and weaving for four weeks now...
    [​IMG] This is maybe 10hrs after training.

3. Just make sure you can expose as many bud sites as possible. Have you seen any signs of preflower?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Tuck em under the scrog, you'll get a sea of buds when you flower. Do some lollipoping too, you don't need those branches, leaves and potential budsites that will stay in ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453253716.964953.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453253726.700120.jpg the shade under the scrog.

5. Yeah, she's been showing for a few weeks now...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. [​IMG]
    Just starting to get her scrog on

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Good info, thanks for posting it.

9. IMG_20160514_193205624_HDR.jpg final update before full set up??--

10. Hi everyone,

I would just like some of you guys opinions on my plant. She has been topped and some of her side nodes also topped. I took off all first set of fan leaves (36 leaves) sounds brutal but it would be too bushy, youll see. She has been lst'd up untill today (30/05/2016) when I put on the scrog net.

Am i doing anything wrong?

Btw, Im in coco perlite mix (70:30), using canna coco ab nutes with vitalink calmag. Its in a smart pot with SIPs system (container with perlite to allow roots to drink as needed). Honsetly i did not believe this shit works but she exploded three days after istalment. Shes on the first day of the svsenth week since first sprout.

Feedback appreciated.

Before scrog net.
    [​IMG]
    After scrog net.
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for the pics but you can still see the plant so chill. ;-) good day my friends.

11. Hey Folks,
    I need some opinions on my situation. I had to move and build a new grow room recently and my veg plants got WAY too tall before I could get them into the flower room. I topped them a couple times before, so they all have several tops. I'm thinking of Scrogging them as it's pretty much the only thing I can do to keep them under the lights. The issue is that my room is about 8x6 with the door on the narrow end, so if I SCROG the whole room it will be difficult or impossible to get in there to water and inspect my plants. I also had some problems with mold the last time around so I definitely need to be able to check my buds. But I don't see any other way around the height issue so I 'm considering a hanging SCROG with a small (like 8-9 inches) walkway around it on 3 sides... Any suggestions?

12. Go for it basically its what I did although this girl is all over the place but either think thin or sort out some from of drip dtw system.
    DSC_0184.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hello,

I am going to be scrogging for the first time. I have decided to do this because growing multiple plants in one space has proved to be less than optimal and for legal reason I would like to get down to one plant two AT MOST.
    I have chosen to go with a 20 gallon smart pot in the 5x5 tent I have with a 1000 watt light. Is it too advantageous to think one plant can fill a 5x5? I have chosen Sour Diesel for the strain as it tends to yield decently and gives a bit of stretch in flower. FYI I will be growing in soil.

14. this is my first season trying the scrog tech on my aquaponic bed:)

• Like Like x 1
  15. First time grower and I have a question for someone with more experience. I've got two 15 week old plants (from seed) in a 5x5 tent. I flipped to 12/12 six days ago. When do I stop pushing the tops under the screen? They are growing like crazy. I started to push them under this morning, but started to wonder if I should leave them alone and let them grow. I've got roughly 3 feet of space between the screen and lights (Mars Hydro LEDs). The plant on the right is sativa dominant; the one on the left is indica (and VERY bushy). Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. You want to keep pulling them down and weaving them through. I think you posted this 2 weeks ago. So not sure what it looks like now, but you want to fill up the whole screen, I usually do it up until week 3 of flower or when they stop stretching. Once the buds start going I will just tie them up if they get too chunky or use another net up top to support all of them. Also I can't tell from the picture but anything under the canopy that isn't getting light should be lolly popped let some air move around down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  17. And I also use a string screen, with bigger holes. Makes it a little easier able to have play in the screen when pulling them down

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. First time giving scrog a go, 2nd grow. I'm sticking with scrog!

Here's my squatty little Blueberry, today is the start of week 7.

Mini Lab Reboot

IMG_5227.JPG IMG_5233.JPG IMG_5239.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1