The Scrog Method

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by greenmonster714, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Great info.... I've done this method almost word for word, except I have very limited space, so I use Flourecents. By using this method I get prettty good results by keeping my lights just above the buds (maybe 1 to 3 inchs.) With flourecents the heat is almost nothing, so I've built a small box and use six 4 footers. The lights I'm using put out 3300 lumins each, which isnt alot, but at 2 inches from your plants you would be suprised at how well it works. Of course I not saying that these lights are ideal, just that they work best for my situation. If anyone has any advise on what types of Flourecents to use Im always willing to try something new.

2. hey.... i got a plant which is about one foot long and i decided to try this out... i am also using cfl's and the plant seems to be taking very well... thankyou for all the information am very greatfull you shared it with us :)

3. I really enjoyed reading the write up but i wish there were diagrams or pictures for each step. That would then be 100% informative and easier to understand.

4. Nice link. Very informative. Still no pictures, haha

5. im confused looking at some pictures of scrogs...how come the bottom of the plants have all crzy windy branches? do you keep moving the screen up? or is that just how the plants grow? Thank You!:)

6. lookey, the scogmaster popped his head out! hey gm, whazzzup?

7. hey growbot: lol....I been trying to pop in now and then. I seem to get pm's about this thread and the flowering clone thread. So, I think its time to show up for work now and then..heheheh I appologize for not having a full grow in the link but curcumstances where pretty fucked up back then. Lost the crop and 5months later the damn police showed up......lmfao....go figure. Although I currently do not have an opperation growing I still like to help out when I can. Who knows......perhaps someday I'll get cranked back up. Got alot of equipment to purchase first but hell, thats a never ending thing...lol Its good to be around and thanks for the comment...Take care

8. Dude, thanks a lot for the great info. + rep I'm in the middle of my first grow and it's a scrog. Damn leaves seem a lot bigger on my plants than most scrogs I've seen and all the tucking and spacing is a bit of a mess. If you get a chance, feel free to drop in my grow journal and give me some pointers.

Really sorry to hear about the whacked out chick. No one other than the people here on the site know what I'm doing, and if my chick starts suspecting something I'm fully prepared to tell her I'm screwing another woman before I'm telling her what's in my closet. Girls come and go, but grows are forever. :smoking:

9. ...because it helped me! Thank you very much!

10. Hi guys, i just posted pics of my second attempt at scroging. Have a look and give me some thoughts, Cheers

11. you have inspired me to try growing and i am going to use scrog

12. Nice and full of great information!

I cannot wait to give it a try.....thanks!

13. this is a great post!

14. yes you can take clones that late or even later, to do it properly you need to cut the new bud growth off the cut if it has any, but ive cloned budding lower branches and did not chop off the bud and had nice little bonsai clones once they recovered, and it continued to bud, albeit bonsai. if you dont want bonsai, then cut the new bud growth off the cut and veg it proper.

15. dear scrog i have a few ???????????? i am lookin to make my very own new strain and i need some advice of an elder. i have some green rhino goin and would like to add another strain or two to that to make my very own strain called well i cant tell you wut it called yet so please it is a 50% sativa and a 50% indica flowering 58 to 63 days parents white rhino and g 13 and yeilds 500gms/m2 smells and tastes fruity and sweet and has a cedrebral,trippy high woot woot:smoke::hello::eek::cool::confused::rolleyes::p:D thank you if you could help me verry much bye the way im smokinhotmomma!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. How do you specifically trim your clone and then transfer into soil? Can i just make a cutting, razorblade the end a little, dip it in rootone and put it in happy frog and leave it under my CFL for a couple days and then move it outside?

17. I was reading another forum a while back and I found this mobile SCROG grow. It looks pretty sweet. Basically each bucket has its own single screen setup, and that way each bucket can be moved around, watered easily, etc.

Basically just chicken wire folded into the soil on two sides, that forms a canopy over it.

[​IMG]
    Again, I have not done a grow like this and that is not my picture.
    Apparently this guy yielded 3-5 oz per container. :smoke:

What do ya think?
    Joe