Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to make Stem Tea!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by whitekush, Oct 16, 2009.

1. #1 whitekush, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2009
    sup guys, i just made a batch, and was asked to post some instructions..

1. grind up your stems
    2. put a pot on with about 2 cups of water and get it to a rolling boil
    3. put your ground up stems in and turn the heat to LOW, put a cover on it- we'll check up in 5 minutes.
    4. after your 5 has gone by, i suggest throwing a tea bag of your favourite tea.. i just used cammomile, but green tea, white tea, really any tea works (its for the flavour). so once you put your tea in, turn the stove OFF and cover your pot, let it steep for 5 minutes.
    5. using a tea strainer, or coffee filter pour your tea into a pot.

ta da :)

5 easy steps to an awesome tea :)

cheers guys & enjoy that body high!

2. I'm gonna try this right now :>

wondering how many stems i should use, because I have a shitload in a cup haha..i'll grind up enough to fill my grinder a bit I guess..

3. anywhere between a teaspoon and a 1/4cup haha :)

4. Hell yeah man..thanks +rep!..ima do this tonight:)
    EDIT- my stems are grinded into like powder lol will this still work? and should i just add well i weighed how much i got like 3 grams of powder stems...should i put it all in??

5. I didn't think thc was water soluble? Does the heat from the water enable it to?

6. stang, i dont know the science behind it.
    all i know is i'm having a nice body high :)

• Informative Informative x 1

7. ya man, grinded up into powder will certainly work :)
    and yes put it all in!

8. I will mos def come back to this post tonight and leave my review:) cant wait.

9. the green tint in my tea is absolutely amazing, it tastes pretty damn good too..... if this gets me high, ohh man

10. I'm interested to hear how this works for people. I've been throwing away shit loads of stems for almost 3 years now since I started smoking, it would be great if there was a way like this to make use out of them and have it actually work.

11. hope it works out all well Stonedasshit + Slater

and Anthony, at the very least you could be making QWISO if you're not into body highs.

12. How... does this work at all? I KNOW THC isn't water soluable. I thought that the only way to do it is using a non polar solvent, most teas have either some sort of citric juice (non polar solvent) or milk (fatty content).

13. I dont think it would work, but placebo effect FTW

14. Well After reserching before i try this tonight I found that you need to add a teaspoon of butter or a little bit more...and that makes it more potent so thats what ima do..ima still come back and tell you guys how it went.

15. Yeah that was some dank tea. I had a full body high, and paired with some smoke my head was going nuts too.

Great use of stem here +rep

16. its true, add cream to your tea for a creamed tea and its a bit more potent.
    but it works without..
    its the steeping process.

17. hmmm.. what sort of cream are we speaking of here because I only know of whipped lol.
    I added some milk for tastyness and I wasn't let down, but I dunno if it affected the potency.

18. This will absolutely NOT work. Wow Im surprised nobody has really said anything yet. Complete placebo. You MUST put butter, oil, something with fat in it to bind to the THC. The water itself is NOT going to pull out any thc. Its the same like any other edible.

19. i'm not too sure its complete placebo..
    can you placebo a BODY high?
    i'm not too sure.

but perhaps the process of steeping makes it work? no clue.

20. You might be drinking chlorophyll/ chemicals/ other shit, thats why you have a body high. Because there sure is no thc in there at all...