Xbox 360 Or Ps3

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Terry Wrist, Oct 14, 2009.

1. WTF do you mean by that? The ps3 looks better.

2. If your interested in a Ps3 I've been trying to get rid of mine its a 60gb.
    Pm me when you get the chance.

3. Got'em both, and I'll say I play maybe 3 games on my 360. I much, much prefer my PS3. If I played more FPS games, I'd play my 360 more, but I don't.

4. check out craiglist bro. theres usually people who will fix RROD on there for like $20-30. no point in buying a whole new system.

5. XBOX's are for broke ass chumps.

I had a 360, but ended up giving it away.

All I really play is Madden or Modern Warfare though.

6. #26 infiniteuse, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2009
    A lot of people are living in the past where Microsoft definitely had more quality games and exclusives than Sony, but this year the PS3 has absolutely exploded. Infamous, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Demon's Souls, Gran Turismo 5, MAG, Heavy Rain, and God of War III, all AAA games. That all combined with Blu-Ray, internet browsing, battery-less controllers, and free online, I really fail to see why someone would choose an XBOX over a PS3 these days being they are the same price now.

Don't get me wrong, the XBOX 360 is an excellent system and I have to admit, if you like FPS shooters then definitely get an XBOX because it's controller is superior for that. Also it seems XBOX handles multiplatform games a little better such as Fallout 3 and Borderlands. I myself like fighting games like SFIV so I ended up with a PS3 b/c the XBOX controller is absolutely horrendous for that. Just my 2 cents.

7. Oh, and for the record, Demon's Souls looks and plays nothing like a Japanese Fantasy RPG. Not really sure what you are basing that on.

8. thank you... jeez.

9. Ummm what?

I'm not talking about the appearance of it....

The software is not near as polished as the 360's is.

10. If you're into playing online then a 360 is a must.

11. Fixed it for ya:smoke:

12. I'm only going to say that a majority of my co-workers/friends/family own 360s. And to me, playing with people that I know matters more than what game I'm playing.

13. Its $50 dollars a year. Spread that out over 12 months...its really not breaking anyones bank.

14. Really?

It's fucking $50 a month. That's a little under $4 a month since you get 13, plus there are frequent sales where you can get 13 months for only $30. And has muchhhhh better content than PS3.

Xbox Live is getting a new update in November that adds Facebook, Twitter, and Last.fm

Is PS3? Nope.

Xbox Live has achievements for every game.

Does PS3? Nope.

Xbox Live has the Marketplace, where you can buy/rent movies, download FULL games, and tons of extra content for pretty much any new game.

Does PS3? Nope.

Xbox Live has cross-game anytime party chat with up to 8 people.

Does PS3? Nope.

Xbox is getting Movie Parties, where one person can watch his movie/tv show with 7 more people, for free, over XBL.

Does PS3? Nope.

:rolleyes:

15. I'll admit I do love the Xbox and am a little bit of a fanboy haha.

But there really is no contest in the software right now. Microsoft has been able to get the step up over Sony because well, they're Microsoft.

Here's how I see it

Microsoft has pretty much all the basic features you would expect from an online console, with fewer "unique" (can't think of a good word) features.

Sony has less of the basics but some out there, unique features. For example, the internet browser, PS Home (That's the name right?), those sorts of things. While lacking cross-game chat which is what I was talkign about with the basic features.

16. PS3 is cool
    360 is cooler

Go 360!

XBL- BathRobeNinja

17. Xbox 360 hands down

18. the current OS for Ps3 has twitter support, and you can also stream tv's and movies instantly via netflix. Not that I use any of those features, just a fyi.

The reason I honestly bought mine was because of how large the ps2 game base became. People were buying PS2's years after its release, and for many people it isnt an obsolete gaming system. For me, having a system that has the potential to ruin games along with questionable reliability isnt an option. While the XBOX delivers good game performance for lots and lots of people. IMO its not on the same level as a nintendo or sony product.

btw. Xbox 360 has its own wiki for its reliability problems alone. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_problem

19. well i've had both and lets just say i really really wanna get another 360...i miss playing with all my friends and legit playin online...online experience isnt near as good on the ps3. plus everryyone around here has a 360 so...

20. new xbox in 2010, read this on news.teamxbox.com
    " Microsoft will not only release Natal as an add-on for the Xbox 360, it will come standard with the next Xbox console.

Yes, there will be a new Xbox console next fall.

However, the new console won't just be an Xbox 360 with a camera, though -- we've heard it will be considered a new platform and carry a new name (Xbox Natal?). It's not clear what sort of upgrades we might see, but some have suggested it will be an slight upgrade of the current Xbox 360 technology.

1UP speculates on the idea that Microsoft could try a similar move such as the one done by Nintendo, which basically built the Wii around the GameCube hardware, with the motion-sensing "Wiimote" being the real addition:

Current Xbox 360 games would be playable on it, but future games would be able to take advantage of the added muscle. Similar to what we see in the PC space, games played on the more advanced Xbox would look or perform better, but publishers will still be able to support owners of both systems. Some developers have complained that they've already maxed out the Xbox 360; perhaps this will give them room to expand.

Make no mistake, we wouldn't be talking about the sort of hardware leap we've seen with Xbox (or most other) platforms in the past, and we're not talking about Microsoft ending one console cycle and starting another. We're talking about an evolution of the Xbox 360; similar hardware but upgraded, repackaged, and rebranded. "