5-meO-DMT

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by chocobo, Oct 11, 2009.

1. From what I've heard and read about with 5-MeO, this really isn't shit to fuck with.

Like someone else said before, if you're trying it, prepare to get clusterfucked into nothingness; this isn't something to use with recreation, and only for a life changing event.

2. Joe Rogan on DMT:

"Its like mushrooms times a million, plus aliens."

3. It's hard to describe. Everything usually goes white for me, but you can see what I can only describe as "wisps of smoke" that kinda trail around the white background during the trip. From there it's the standard introspective sort of trip, with all the crazy thoughts attendant a DMT experience, although 5-MeO has a 'darker' feel to it, but I'm not exactly sure how to explain why I feel that way. If I smoke a particularly high dose it's just like my brain shuts down, and pure intelligence is transmitted through me. I can't think about what's happening, or really even 'observe' it...it just happens. Not sure how to explain a high dose 5-MeO trip than to call it a revelatory experience.

I wish I could explain it better...it's like every single realization about the universe and consciousness floods into your during a 5-MeO experience, and it's quite an overpowering experience, but incredibly enlightening as well.

4. Man honestly if you are going to do it clear your head of all expectations... I find that doing DMT it's best to go into it with a sense that you are going to learn something and you need to keep your mind completely clear and ready to take in this whole experience. Don't shy away from it as it comes on, most people do, this is bad because either you will get stuck so scared that you can't complete the experience and only get so far or just black out all together or worse go into a bad trip. I've had friends take it and start shacking uncontrolably and say they can't remember a thing except for the onset. This is just some advice from personal experience. Last time I did DMT I was lucky enough to get it IV, I was met by 3 beings who started showing me how they could control the incredible patterns and colors around me, I was then engulfed by a white light which over took everything and I was suddenly face to face with a being that was only a face wearing what seemed to be a liquid mask, it radiated love, power, and undying knowledge. That's jut a taste of what happened on DMT I've never done 5meO but if it's anything like normal DMT it will change your life if you let it.

5. Again, I just want to thank everyone who has contributed something. All this information is really helping me understand more about the power of it. As I stated before, I don't plan to use it as a recreational high. I'm pretty big into Buddhism, meditation, etc... and wanted to use it as a doorway to enlightenment, and or whatever dmt has in store for me. I'm prepared for it to shake up my world and change the way I perceive things, in fact, it's one of the reasons I want to use it.

For those that have used, what was your environment? Did you have a sitter? Music or no? Is outside a good idea, or a strictly controlled environment inside?

6. #26 GreenWare, Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2009
    Again I haven't done the 5meO version but I would suggest inside with someone there just to make sure you don't go into some kind of shock for what ever reason. If you are into meditation then I would really suggest heavy meditation before hand. Be ready to lay back or lay down completely, don't stand up. For me music doesn't matter seeing as I am completely detatched from reality. All I hear is either music in my own head or crunching and chattering noises.

BTW I am glad you are doing this for spiritual purposes, too many ppl do this for the drug and realize there's so much more to it. Some can't handle it. As I have heard many times before it's impossible to be an atheist after a high dose of DMT. For example after my first high dose I no longer fear death. I don't want to scare anyone though I know reading this kind of stuff can seem crazy. It's something you have to experience.

7. I have been experimenting with normal DMT a lot recently and have come to the conclusion that a lot of information on the internet is bullshit. I have been trying to get a spiritual experience but 30 hits later and all i have experienced has been beutiful but nothing life changing, no ego loss or anything just pretty colours or patterns. The DMT experience is very hard to put into words. It is extremely beutiful and I deffinatly respect this chemicals power to send people spinning down the tunnel into insanity for a little while but I see nothing wrong with using this like acid, the drug deffinatly hasn't "Kicked my ass " as everyone said.

And for the record if you are getting a couple of hits, people often say you cannot redose on DMT, I have found this to be bulshit.

8. You can plug DMT

9. The person willing to get it for me is saying he can get 500mg for $100. I don't plan on getting that much. Perhaps only a 100mg seeing as the dosages people have used in the experiences I've read about, never really exceeded 30. I'd imagine I'd be able to get a few trips from it, and the less amount I have, the better because I won't be tempted to use it for recreational purposes. Now, I don't know about the pricing of this anywhere, but even if I'm being overcharged, I'm alright with it. Around my area we're overcharged for everything, and stuff like this has never even come around.

10. Yes, I hope you made sure you're looking at the correct one, cause it's not the same as N,n-DMT which is like 180ing on reality.

I heard the effects of 5-meo-DMT are pretty much like the body high you get after the first 20minutes of "what the fuck" on N,n-DMT.

But yes, it's not really the same shit Joe RoFag was talking about.

11. that all sounds good. I am not sure about 5-meo, but a very small dose of NN-DMT such as 30mg is very intence even when you dont have a breakthrough experience so I would start small. If people usually take 30mg of 5-meo take 15mg first time to see what happens, it will probably give you an idea of what a stronger dose is like before jumping in the deep end.

12. dually noted. I learned my lesson about starting big and hoping for the best. Now I research everything, and still start small and build up.

I want to get my hands on an ayahuasca brew. I've heard many good things about that. I believe that is what you folks are talking about when you mention N,N-dmt?

13. That's the way of taking it orally, you can alternately extract the pure N,N-DMT from a plant and then smoke it.

14. Okay what you were describing earlier about there only be patterns and colors is what I was talking about earlier about people being stuck... There are a few things that might help you achieve the experience you are looking for. The first is a higher dose, I've done double the amount I was told to do to achieve the effects I was looking for. Second like I told chocobo release your mind of all expectations and when you come to the patterns after that intense rush dont sit there and be amazed by them, go through them there is so much more there that you're not seeing.

15. "Spiritual" experiences generally don't come to non-spiritual people, in my experience. Visions and experiences on DMT tend to conform with your belief system: i.e. if you're a Buddhist you might have a vision or realization that you have reached Nirvana, if you're a Christian you might see God or Jesus, and if you're a Chassidic Jew, like I was raised to be, you might see the manifestations of the Sefirot in your life and the world around you.

Likewise, if you're an atheist, you might have visions which are non-religious in nature, or which you interpret to be non-religious. How you interpret a DMT experience is all up to your worldview.

If you haven't experienced ego-death, then it's likely that you haven't smoked enough. It will happen eventually.

If you're truly searching for something you can interpret as a spiritual experience then why not try meditating, or praying for a while beforehand? Ritual helps to frame the experience. But you say you don't mind "using it like acid," which I'm just guessing you mean you don't mind using it in a party setting. That could be your stumbling block. I'm of the opinion that if you aren't using these substances in the proper context then all you're ever going to get are "pretty colors and patterns."

16. I'll be honest lukas, completely honest. I've never been too caught up in religion. I know some people draw strength and courage from it but it's never been for me. I've always been more on the side of science and technology.

I had my first ++++ breakthrough this past summer on about 3.5g of mushrooms and estimated 75mg of DMT (I loaded the FUCK out of the pipe with. I was NOT expecting to b/t)

Anyways, I honestly now have a sense of spirituality. I feel there IS something out there because of where my trip took me. I never actively fought the belief before, but I don't jive with any of the major religions.

17. I can respect this POV a lot more than I can a person who just goes through the motions with their faith, or lack thereof. I have very little respect for a Christian, or a Muslim, or a Buddhist, who is born into their respective faith and never investigates it further than mindlessly doing their daily/weekly religious devotion. Likewise, I have very little respect for an atheist (and it seems like atheism is the cool new thing now) who does not, and cannot, accept why faith is something that many people need in their lives. It's all well and good to claim that there is or isn't a God, but at least be able to articulate why you believe such, instead of just falling into lockstep with the people around you.

Dogmatism, of the theological or atheistic variety, is what separates, rather than unites, us as a people. We all hope for things "which aren't seen," and that's exactly what faith is.

Religion isn't, and can't be, for all people. Spirituality is, and can be.

18. I was born into the Christian belief system and raised Methodist. As I grew older, I broke away, and was simply an athiest. I didn't believe in God, I didn't believe in a higher power, I just stayed away from it all. However, I did believe in the Earth. I believed it had more power than we give it credit for. I started getting into Buddhism when I started reading up about philosophies and world religions. I found the Buddhists had a similar belief system as me, but had something much more attainable and beautiful than Christianity had taught me growing up. Now, I'm not a full practicing Buddhist, but I take their ideals and philosophies and do my best to apply them to my life.

I'm hoping DMT is what will allow me to break past my limited perceptions while meditating. I hope wherever I go, it is an extension of my beliefs that will really help me understand them better. I've read of Buddhist reaching enlightenment (or their perception of enlightenment) while using psychedelics. They learned how to work with the drug instead of letting the drug do whatever it wants, and I hope to attain the same state.

19. Joe Rogan is talking about N,N-DMT or simply DMT not 5-MeO-DMT. They are structurally similar but 5-MeO-DMT does not have the visual aspect of DMT that makes SWIM think DMT is much more magical than 5-MeO-DMT. 5-MeO-DMT is a powerful rush much like DMT, but it does not transport SWIM to another realm like DMT does. SWIM prefers DMT and would suggest getting 2C-T7 or the more visually powerful 2C-E over 5-MeO-DMT. Hope this info helps

20. We don't do that SWIM shit here, so cut it out. Nobody is gonna come a knockin' because you say you use DMT on this site.