The Union: The Business Behind Getting High (2007)

Discussion in 'Stoner Movies & Documentaries' started by Superjoint, Oct 7, 2009.

1. About to watch this tonight, hope it lives up to the hype.

2. This movie's great. It really shows an honest look on marijuana and its industrial and medicinal value. With legalization there will be the birth of a new market industry, liquidating cash flow, millions in tax revenue, and heaps more. Not to mention the environmental facet of legalization; end deforestation, reduce ozone depletion and legalize! Everyone, in my opinion, should definitely watch this movie. Don't be afraid of showing this documentary to your parents or seniors, because at the moment, it is their generation that is currently ruling the country. Change starts in the young AND the old.
    Keep on burning.
    Peace.

3. I've watched this about twenty times & my absolute favorite documentary. I will be showing this at upcoming 420 celebrations.

4. loved this movie... anybody know about the "cannabis day" in canada that was mentioned in the movie? it looks awesome! i want to go!

5. Yup, loved the movie as well. Major cities in Canada celebrate Cannabis Day on July 1, which is also Canada Day. In Vancouver, celebrations take place at the Art Gallery, downtown, all day!

6. wow. i'm taking a roadtrip

7. true story.
    the union changed my life.

its what started me smoking weed.

i saw that guy with parkinsons take a toke and find relief, and i was like, i should be doing it too!

until then i didnt for a buncha reasons, and it totally changed all my opinions.

8. Just finished watching this on netflix. Great documentary, two thumbs up.

9. great movie

10. the most amazing documentary i have ever seen! not just because of the message but also the layout and presenting of the material and ideas... btw joe rogan is fucking cool as hell

11. My girlfriend absolutely despised weed all her life. Her mom has no job, no home, nothing, she lives with her mom and has at least 3 kids that I know of at the age of 33, and she just happens to smoke weed. But of course my girlfriend blames the plant. Well I had her watch The Union and the first thing she said was a text that read "I think I may start smoking. Lol." I've always wanted a girl I can share my love for cannabis with.

Maybe I should make my parents watch it now. :hello:

• Like Like x 1
  12. ...and the truth shall set you free!

Education is the ONLY way to win!

13. I watched it last night, great documentary, they just straight up lay out the facts. I don't know how anyone can talk bad about marijuana after watching that.

:bongin:

14. Fuck yeah, July 1st is my B-Day! :D

15. Just watched The Union the other day and immediately forced my parents to watch it, my dad who's very anti drugs sat down for the first 20 minutes where they debunked all the negative medical myths about weed and just stormed off as his argument fell apart. Great documentary, it was also awesome that they spent a lot of time focusing on the industry just within my province.

16. great reviews. Never heard of this movie so far. Seems its worth watching

17. great movie i've watched it 3 times:smoking::smoking:

18. yea, that film is amazing. i downloaded it and watched it more than 10 times. it changed the way i thought about weed , and ever since if seen it if been telling everyone about the positive things that this plant can do. i even showed it to my class :pP

• Like Like x 1
  19. I like how you could not be in pot culture and still understand it. Yet it's not putting the plant down it's just showed almost unbiased facts about cannabis.:hello:

20. I smoked weed before The Union. After The Union, I knew that what I was doing was okay and not to shame, hide, or be embarrassed for it. It really fortified my actions and beliefs as okay and just.

thanks,