The Union: The Business Behind Getting High (2007)

Discussion in 'Stoner Movies & Documentaries' started by Superjoint, Oct 7, 2009.

1. People have been telling me for a few years to watch this, but I always kinda blew it off, because I like to think I'm pretty well educated on the socio-economic issues around cannabis, but this just floored me. While this is a great video, it left me really angry that this is illegal. I'm so pissed now, and to make matters worse, I'm dry. Guess I'll go drink a few rounds tonight.

2. Wicked awesome documentary :)

3. i just got done watching it for the first time and i loved it! a beautiful documentary! :)

4. just finished it. Frightening stuff what government will go through to keep a plant illegal. Even more so is their complete ignorance and bass ackwards approach to fighting the drug problem or I should say the real drug problem, pharmaceuticals. Highly recommend.

5. Great movie, but whats the point of this thread? Seems kinda weird for an admin to just post a link and description to a movie...unless I missed something.

Edit: Oh okay, so you guys just post movies? I never checked out this section so forgive my ignorance.

6. My favorite MJ movie!

Another one that's pretty funny is "escape to canada" about pot and gayness up there. Escape to Canada (2005)

7. where can i find this in dvd...any dvd selling store??

8. its at my local blockbuster...

9. the caps part is very well put

10. Torrent?

11. This is definately one of the better weed documentaries out there. And I would recommend it to any stoner.
    American Drug War is also a good weed doc.

12. yes this is by far one of the best documentarys out there, a must watch.
    I have heard HOW WEED WON THE WEST could be even better when it is finally realized.

13. This is definitely the best documentary I have ever seen on the subject of marijuana and the history of its prohibition. I would almost say that it is the best documentary I have ever seen on any subject whatsoever. This is a MUST SEE for anyone who smokes weed, has thought about smoking weed, or who has ever bought into the government's bullsh*t about the dangers of marijuana.

Toke up and enjoy! :smoking:

14. This blew my mind

15. Thanks for that, I'd never heard of it and grabbed the torrent and it's very good as well!!!!!!!!

It really shows why its so hard to end the drug war when you give these people huge budgets year after year, that turns into power and nobody wants to give up any of their power.

And holy fuck I had no idea you could trade stocks in prisons and you get paid depending on how full they are!!!!!!!!!!!! Criminalize the sick/addicted so we can lock them up and make money off them in a meat cage while collecting rent off the cage and putting the meat to work.

16. Yupp Very informative film!

17. I just finished watching this beautiful piece of film.

I am positive that if this were aired on a large public broadcasting network the attitudes the majority of the population has toward cannabis would change drastically.

This should be played everywhere, really.

18. The greatest movie ever. Ive gotten half of my grade to watch it and spoken to our ethics teacher. he is considering make it part of his curriculum for debate in class. brilliant. with this movie i am now able to shut up everyone who speaks shit about mary