does anything we do in this life matter?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by tehandydumke, Oct 6, 2004.

1. i was just reading through this thread and wanted to add my 2 cents..

first off youve been talking about how something minor may or maynot change your life or the life of others.. i guarantee you that even the smallest possible detail does alter EVERYTHING

think about this on a scale of though processes. if _____ happens or doesnt happen think about how your thought process is altered. persay you see a blade of grass move in the wind then you think of something whatever it be. this is going to change your thought process believe it or not it may change it very minutely but even the smallest imaginable change in thought will change your thought process for the rest of your life..

what im saying is EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS DRASTICLY ALTERS EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD BECAUSE OF THE POWER OF OUR MINDS for better? for worse? who knows. .but for the grand sceme of things..yes.

2. u guys are crazy mann

3. *scared*

Fuck, guys...he's on to us

*runs*

4. well to figure that out youd have to follow all of time, infinitely into the future.

something you did could echo for thousands of years and continue indirectly changing things untill one day we move to other planets or others make contact with us. eventually it could have an enourmous impact on the universe.

sadly theres no way for any one person to EVER solve this little riddle of yours.

5. Very valid point indeed...

6. I am gonna come out on the side of the Karma guy....

EVERYTHING you do...
    All that you love...
    EVERYTHING is important... it creates who you are and what you will do in your afterlife.

I am not gonna get all churchy... so I will talk about BJ's in Heaven...what I am saying is that if you lOVE to F*** and you really LOVE BJ's... when you die, you can be reborn whenever any living person on earth is getting a BJ...

since you personally loved BJ's and they brought you great joy... they become attached to the core of your soul... so that when you die, and someone still living is getting a BJ on earth... you create a spiritual link to that pleasure that transcends time and space... that living persons joy and love of his BJ creates a similar emotion to your joy and love of the BJ you used to have during your life... this love transcends death... so YOU can enjoy HIS BJ after you die...

(okay, maybe you don't agree... but I still say that EVERYTHING you love and do is important)

unfortunately things you hate also can stay with you in the afterlife..

Like Pink Floyd from dark side of the moon...
    http://www.lyricsfreak.com/p/pink-floyd/108681.html

7. lol.. imagine the FEELING that you would feel. And all the energy.. it would be massive. I already love the feeling of an orgasm, the feeling of getting high, and the feeling that i get from music when im sober!!

8. well said badcompany