Hockey The Official Nhl Thread

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by ACole420, Oct 5, 2009.

1. I have to admit i was being pretty critical of him, but i never actually expected his numbers to stay where they were or that it would all be downhill from there. He's still a top player in the league of course but he can't beat teams singlehandedly anymore

2. Was hoping the Wild were going to beat the Caps..

3. Who are you a fan of, bromigo? Probably the Flyers?

4. I'm a Wild fan. I don't live far from Minneapolis. Don't ask how I became an Eagles fan.

5. wild cant beat anyone

6. #18446 donutbread, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2016

Thank the hockey gods for that! Hope it continues that way, so that my Avs can sneak into the playoffs again. Problem is we can't go 6 games without at least 3 losses. The puck possession and defense is atrocious. Can't expect Varly to stop everything.

7. Let's fucking go Rangers. Revenge on Simmonds and get the W just like last week.

8. that simmonds scrap was nice...good physical game overall

9. Hawks were outplayed last night. Yandle fucked up big. We should have took that

10. Shame that even went to OT. dominating win

11. Woooow what a save by Howard. What a great defensive game

12. Yeahhhhhhh buddy

13. Mike richards gets his first goal and the caps keep rollin

14. It really seems like this year is finally the year for the caps... could we see a hawks-caps finals? also, what happened to the rangers? Is lundqvist getting old? been wondering about that

15. What do you mean?

16. i mean like they were one of the best few teams in hockey for the past few seasons, but last time i checked the standings they were just doing okay enough to be in the playoffs. and i haven't really heard lundqvists name or anyone elses from the rangers like i have in previous seasons. Maybe they're just keeping a low profile?

17. They're tied with Fla/TB for most wins in the league. Behind the bitch ass Capitals of course. And my boy has been quite solid in net

18. #18458 thedavesiknow, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2016
    I wrote this on another board but I thought it was a good conversation:

I have this feeling Buffalo or Edmonton are going to end up winning the lottery- which could be interesting. I think we're pretty clear on Auston Matthews going first. Here's why I think both those teams would trade that pick and get better immediately.

The last thing Edmonton needs is another forward drafted first overall. There's only so much room for that kind of finesse, and that type of talent gets pricey. Clearly Edmonton's needs are in goal & on defense. I could see them trading that pick for a whale in goal, or finally land Shae Weber- who in return gets Nashville the elite forward they've never had.

Buffalo did their shopping last summer, and the tank should have finished by drafting Jack Eichel. Buffalo has enough to contend already in the lineup- all of which eventually have to be paid. I can see all this Stamkos to Buffalo talk being legit, and I can see Tampa having an easy time sending off the face of their organization in exchange for the new face of their organization. Buffalo could sign Stamkos to an insane contract and give themselves a short window to win a cup before figuring out who they can't afford to keep.

19. If edmonton wins it again oh man lol. There will be anarchy

20. so happy the hawks got the left wing they desperately needed. and a former hawk and cup winner to boot. As soon as I saw ladd's name as an option i already knew he was on his way here. The hawks are obsessed with bringing back former players. Still waiting for them to reaqcuire byfuglien someday lol