Music festival- shroom report, security brutality and other shit.

Discussion in 'General' started by Switch, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Man, just got back from the carling leeds festival. Fucking kicked ass.

First thing's first, my shroom report. This was my frist time tripping to I took it easy.

First night I was there I took about 15g of wet shrooms. I hadn't fasted all day and I was stoned as fuck off ma new bong (pic below). Well... jack shit happened. Buuuut as fresh shrooms are legal here in the uk... I just went to a shroom stall in the festival market and picked up 20 more wet grams. Well after fasting a bit less than I should have (five to six hours without eating and being fairly active in the arena). I took all 20g. I wasn't stoned at all but I soon felt very giggly after about an hour. After two hours I remember looking at things and it was... well it was like when it's dark and you look at a pile of clothes or something and see a face. I kept looking over and seeing the grim reaper smoking a long, gandalf like, pipe. I thought for a while and then thought that I'd rather see a panda smoking there. Well the panda came and I was quickly smiling at my lil friend. After a little longer time sitting and smoking with my friends I looked up at the sky and I saw the stars vibrating slightly. I found that I could control them by willing them to move into different spaces. My friend, B, told me to look up and try to make triangles with the stars as the corners. I remember seeing multicoloured lines between the stars. After a while of sitting there talking (not about anything life changing- sorry dudes no mystical experiences yet) I went into my tent and with a glow stick I watched the light show- part of it I created with the light stick and half I saw just there even when the glow stick wasn't visible. I remember making up dance tunes in my head and I could actually hear them- which was odd. I thought that my trip was a little cool but I wanna go deeper in next time and try to figure some stuff out.

I got a beating off security on the last night for being too close to some trouble. I wasn't even involved. such fucking wankers. They drove their little van past me at about 20mph and opened the fucking door into me deliberately. They then stopped their van, opened the door into my friend who didn't manage to get out of the way fast enough (stoner) and they then got out and started hitting him with batons and shit. We're complaining to the security company and the festival organisers but we don't know who did it so there's not much else we can do.

Anyways- when I can figure it out I'll post pics of my new bong and rolling mat that I bought. Bong hits like a motherfucker and only cost me £10!! YEAH!

Oh yeah- the most important bit. Best bands of the festival:
    Sick of it All were #1 for me- fucking awesome.
    Buuut I gotta give special mention to:
    Dropkick Murpheys,
    The Darkness,
    Franz Ferdinand,
    The Libertines,
    Ash,
    Supergrass.

And I am so fucked off that I missed MC5... GODDAMIT!!!

2. I got back from reading festival today (well yesterday now). It fucking rocked. I got to see Reel big fish, offspring, goldfinger, greenday, roots manuva, flogging molly, and loads more great bands through the weekend. Plus the highlight of both Rasmus and 50 cent being completely bottled off the stage by all us angry rock fans, which was damn fun while stoned. I couldnt stop laughing at the poor effort given my rasmus and their 6 minute set!

Had some fun times, smoked a lot of ganja, had some beer until it was nicked the last night. Lots of crazyness going on throughout the camps, fireworks, random drunken limbo dancing. Aswell as all the camps across reading shouting BOLLOCKS mexican wave style.

The Darkness's firework display was fucking amazing, it seemed like the sky was exploding with colour (very stoned for it :D). (Did they have fireworks at Leeds?)

My body is now feeling completely wrecked after so much moshing/walking/etc in lots of mud, for which wellingtons were a lifesaver.

Hopefully next year theyll have some more better bands headlining the main stage, and hopefully it wont rain!

3. Man- the rasmus and 50 cent got bottled to fuck at leeds too... haha... I thort you reading fans were supposed to be the peaceful ones... heh... The funniest bit of the 50 cent set was when he turned round to a crowd of at least a couple of thousand people and screamed "I'm gonna fuck you all up."

The darkness kicked arse at leeds (I'M HUNGRY- GIVE ME SOME MEAT!!!) and the fireworks were CRAZY ASS.

I hear ya about the main stage: fucking white stripes headlining on the last day? WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!

4. :smoke: Sounds like ya had a pretty good time, until the trouble with security!!

Glad ya enjoyed it!

5. I cant not eat all day. I start to feel shaky and weak if i dont eat by about lunch time. Im sure smoking pot doesnt help. I usually eat a light meal (sandwich) about 2 hrs b4 i take the shrooms and ive never had a problem.

Sounds like a kick ass festival. Security is always a bitch at big gigs like that. I got arrested for arson at Ozzfest one year because a guy beside me light a magazine on fire. I didnt even have a lighter. I gave them a fake name so now brian matheny (a guy i know and hate) is banned from the ampitheatre.