UK Cannabis death count rise to 19.

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Neek, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Hey guys, on the way back from town I found a newpaper (Metro). It had a story about the deaths of Cocaine and all the other bullcrap, then i read that cannabis deaths went up from 12 to 19?

all the normal bullshit how it stays in your body for 30 days?

2. you can't die from smoking weed..

3. I know that's why I posted this, see if anyone knew where they were getting their "facts" from.

4. If someone had massive stress at work, a bitch of a wife,mental health problems, alcohol dependancy, anger issues etc. then smoked 1 tiny joint and a week later drove himself into a tree.Out of all that shit guess what they would blame for his death?Thats right, the misunderstood yet definately illegal herb.

Im not saying thats what it is, i havent read a paper in my life, but its probly bollocks.

5. yeah man, that pisses me off something awful:mad:

6. Well, there is really only one way you CAN die from cannabis use, and its the only physical effect that it has on your body.
    Im sure you know of this effect, cannabis use increases your heart rate, its one of the naturaL effects and its usually good for you, UNLESS you happen to have an underlying heart condition, and not just any heart condition, certain ones prohibit you from regular exercise and drug/alcohol use because putting such stress of that kind of heart could send you into instant cardiac arrest, and you die. Now, im not saying thats the exact case with this article you read, they could very possibly be making up TOTAL BULLSHIT, but who really knows.

But, if out of an entire country/nation or any large bit of land, less than 20 people die of this one thing, it must be THE safest thing ever. Think about this for a moment: haveing too much sugar or junk food can kill you, obesity can kill you, alcohol can kill you, and all pharmaceuitical[which are all extremly experimental, no one deems them as safe] drugs can kill you. Out of everything that is legal, regulated, and is available at your local supermarket or corner store, almost every single one of them can kill you. But you see, dying the way i stated from cannabis use, is not due to the plant itself at all, but the strain on th heart from ANY increased heart rate

• Like Like x 1
  7. I heard about a 18 year-old in England who had been smoking 6 blunts a day for four years and his heart stopped. I dont have any actual evidence, I just read it in some paper

8. Yeah thanks guys, just my $0.02, wanted to see what you guys thought of it, the UK government is going to the dogs, first the 'Bug Eye' Drug Think Video, now this shit.

9. :DYa, I heard if you smoke weed you will take all your clothes off and run down the street naked then the police take you away because every knows your crazy,
    Ya cuz that's what happens when you smoke weed.:mad:
    Or that's what I was told in school.

If they died of weed it's most likely they died of something else and had weed in there system the main stream and weed haters love shit like this.

It's like when a kid dies of MDMA when in reality he died of a pill that was 5% MDMA 25% SPEED and the rest concentrated cough syrup, But when he was sold this pill He's told and he believes its MDMA 100% so when he OD's he says I took "E".

I can see these inter city kids buying some wack ass shit that they were told was hash but in reality is compressed horse shit. So when they get sick and die they say I was smoke'n weed, hash etc.

Cigretts KILL thats a real story look it up you will find HUNDREDS of them.

10. *face palm*

not this shit again:devious:

11. I'm actually in this situation.. I have a heart condition and when I smoke it gets much worse and I've actually thought I was having a heart attack on a few occasions. It sucks. However, I'm a big fan of Cannabutter and other MJ edibles, the heart problem doesn't happen when ingesting THC. In my experience at least. Everytime I get "high" from smoking I have heart issues. Most of the time I just eat something with cannabutter on it and wait about oh say 30 minutes and then I'll take a single hit and I'm soaring. I have some choice bud, so that helps being able to just smoke a single hit and it kicks in the high from the cannabutter. I have a routine and I stick too it as much as possible.. I really miss the whole smoking experience though, I cure my bud for about 3 weeks after harvest and it tastes so goooood when smoking..

12. I wonder how vaporizing would work in your case. Ever tried it? Anyway if smoking is that bad for you maybe you just shouldnt smoke at all,and stick to edibles only. But i would be really careful if i were you, one panic attack while high could end your life[possibly?]

13. Official statistics record two deaths involving cannabis (and no other drug) in 1993, two in 1994 and one in 1995 but these were due to inhalation of vomit. Animal studies have shown a very large separation (by a factor of more than 10,000) between pharmacologically effective and lethal doses

14. The Metro is a free newspaper handed out on all public transport in the UK. It is owned by an evil corporation with a vested interest in keeping weed illegal. Mainly because it also owns some pharma stuff. I'd belive a palm reading more than I'd trust this.

15. It doesn't matter, they don't even tell you that cannabis can induce death in health class. Let them keep putting out articles with those headlines. In the end they will look like idiots.

16. TRUTH!

I wish they would actually consider the children, and let them know what really is dangerous. Instead of saying how weed is bad, they should teach not to walk and text, drive and text, drink[+drive],smoke crack r any of the ther various dangerous activities.

17. No ones died from marijuana...its a FACT! Show me some evidence.

18. when i was that age and i have been smoking more than 6 blunts a day for more than two years. i would smoke two or three before breakfast. and my heart is fine.

19. #19 Drasil, Aug 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2009
    I smoke and eat mainly sativa strains to help with my anxiety and other problems.. Anxiety attacks while "high" are never really a problem for me. You're a compassionate person, I appreciate your concern. ;)

Oh and great idea about the vaping bro.. Im gonna give it a try. I hear good things..

20. Go for it man, youve got nothing to lose, if anything a vaporizer is more efficient then smoking, and the taste is MUCH more yummy then smoke.