Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

14 states seek to legalize medical marijuana

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Storm Crow, Aug 19, 2009.

1. #1 Storm Crow, Aug 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2009

August 16, 11:54 AM[​IMG]NORML Examiner[​IMG]Angela Macdonald

There’s no time like now to get involved in getting medical marijuana legalized around the United States. Chronic pain is chronic pain, cancer is cancer, and those suffering in Virginia are no different than those suffering in Oregon.

Currently, 14 states are actively working toward some sort of resolution to the atrocity forced upon its sick, injured, and dying. Below is a list of those states, and links to more information on what is being done to improve the lives of the citizens of this country. If your state is on the list, don’t forget to get involved in whatever way you can.

Beyond these states Idaho, Oklahoma, and Maryland have initiatives and/or bills that are being formed, or prepared for introduction in the near future. While there are 13 states with some sort of medical marijuana specific protection (plus Maryland's medical marijuana defense), there are still 19 states doing absolutely nothing to change the threat of prosecution against their sick, severely injured, and dying. If you live in one of these 19 states, please visit the MPP for sample bills that you can help get introduced.

If you are in any of those states, or one of the 19 "holdouts", or just an activist, an excellent way of starting would be to get your FREE copy of "Granny Storm Crow's list"! To get your copy, please go to Absolutely Free! Granny Storm Crow's list! - GreenPassion.org - Dedicated to Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation and Education.

That's right! I've set the list free! All you gotta do is ask! Just share it! :D Now go get your copy, and have fun destroying cannabis prohibition! We are all partners in the fight for re-legalization!

Granny :wave:

ps. The email is NOT my personal email, it is dedicated to sending out the list and that ONLY! If you want to talk, PM me!

2. Thank you for that list. I am so glad Florida ia on that list. I really hope Florida can pass this. I'm definitely going to forward this!

3. Thank you for posting this even though my home state isn't on it, it still is amazing to see all those states hopefully atleast half of them pass and legalize. I really enjoy your posts SC keep em' coming. :smoking:

4. Edit: double post :(

5. Fuck :(, I'm glad to see that our country is starting to realize that it does have medical value, and it is spreading, But of course Texas is not on the list...

I honestly believe Texas is going to be the last state without medical marijuana.

Also, If it is ever completely legalized, I think states like Texas will make a state law making it illegal, so even though the federal law say's it's legal, it'll still be illegal here.

I'm not surprised Texas still hates marijuana, they strongly believe everything they where taught growing up, from religion, racism, and of course the devil's lettuce. People here are to ignorant to accept that not everything they where taught as a kid is true.

No hope for Texas :(

6. why am i not surprised that texas is missing from the list?

7. That's awesome. PA has finally caught up to New York and Ohio where it's already decriminalized

8. Maybe South Carolina can get MM one day

9. Minnesotaa, nice man

10. Jersey better fuckin get mmj.

11. Wonderful news Granny, thanks for sharing! :)

12. One can only hope. I'm personally a conservative, but boy do I support MMJ!

13. damnit Texas. i see violent riots and protests in Texas' future

14. Medical marijuana is all over the news here. From what I'm hearing, if a law is passed, only severely ill patients would be eligible. So no medical smoke for my insomnia, anxiety, and adult ADD. :(

15. Cause it's Texas, Lol

Don't feel bad, my state isn't on there either.

1 word and 1 phrase about Texas legalization, you put the 2 together.

MMJ - "Last horse to cross the finish line"

16. Fuck yeah Wisconsin :hello:.

17. seeing florida on that list seriously made my night

18. When NJ gets MMJ, I will be the happiest man alive.

19. When Denmark gets MMJ (and get's rid of prohibition) I will be even happier than you... :D

I sincerely hope that all of these states, including NJ, pulls through. Because what's good for Cannabis in America is good for Cannabis globally. The most "double-standarded" (retard word mix :) ) country in the world does have some pull on the other calice nations of the western hemisphere.

20. #20 Andronius, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2009
    Texas has stuff in the works. HB 164 is currently at dept. of health for review. It is a stepping stone for us.

"On February 12, 2009, HB 164 was officially assigned to the Public Health Committee in the Texas House of Representatives. The most exciting part of this committee assignment is that the bill's author, Rep. Elliott Naishtat (Austin), has been assigned to be Vice Chair of the committee! Also, HB 164 has picked up a co-author, Rep. Lon Burnam (Ft. Worth)."