Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed Tea?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by whitefin, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Ok, so this is my plan for weed tea what do you think? Also does anyone have any experience with weed tea? what kind of high do you get. And finally how long can weed tea last before you drink it? Ok, so here's the plan (And I know weed isn't soluble thats the point of the cream and alcohol):

Ingredients: 1/2 cup heavy cream
    1/8 cup alcohol (maybe rum)
    2/3 cup regular herbal tea
    1 tablespoon of honey
    A cinnamon stick
    1 gram of marijuana

Directions:
    Mix tea, heavy cream, and alcohol in a saucepan and heat almost to a boil.

Grind marijuana very finely and put in sauce pan with tea mix

Put top on the sauce pan and let it simmer on med/low for 30 minutes.

Add honey and cinnamon and let simmer for 5 more minutes.

pour into a mug (without sifting anything out) and put plastic wrap on the top and let sit at room temperature for 5-6 hours.

sift out cinnamon stick and marijuana and drink.

This is kind of a mix of recipes from all across the internet, does it seem as if it might work?
    have you ever had marijuana tea? If so what was your experience?
    What was the high like? Any advice or experiences or ANYTHING would be appreciated.

2. yeah dude sounds perfect, im about 90% sure though you should soak your weed first for 20 min in the alcohol before putting in the pot so you can be sure to soak up all that THC. Wish i could help you out more but really my motive for posting here was to find out about your experience. I was planning on doing a simmilar tea mixture and have really just been waiting to find out how the high is before i go throwing weed into a pot. If you could pm me once you try it man that would be great

3. i don't know if that will taste very good, but it should give you a nice high. eating/drinking weed gives you a strong body high that will take a while to kick in and lasts for 4-6 hours.

4. are there any other recipes with out alcohol in them?or could i just use this recipe with out the alcohol?i just want my tea mix to be as strong as possible.

5. yeah you don't need alcohol at all. i think there is even a recipe in a sticky.
    or use the search function there are lots of good recipes, but if you use heavy whipping cream, or butter or something with a high fat content like that and boil it with the weed for a while it will work.

6. i dont like ganja tea at all lol.....

7. heres what i do, which works and fucks you up good.

take a normal green tea bag and peel back the staple, opening the bag, take finely ground weed (grind in a coffee grinder, a vape grinder isnt good enough) and put in the bag, re staple, and then pour water in just like brewing normal tea, use a spoon and poke the bag and push to the bottom etc to extract all the thc. Then boil it again in a pot with the bag contents poured out, and stir until you feel comfortable, then you got weed tea.

8. I as gonna do this but ended up smoking 3 bowls and astral projected

9. That recipe sounds pretty dope dude.

I have a herbal tea pot with a central perforated pot where you put the herbal tea; it soaks in the boiling water while separating it prior to pouring.

I use this and the following recipe;

1 tsp tea (Ceylon or Assam)
    1 Clove
    1 3-4cm stick of cinnamon
    Sprinkle of Ganj

Soak for at least 5 mins and its a pretty decent cuppa; sweeten with honey/sugar as necessary or add milk.

10. I just made tea for the first time and it was awesome. I used the quick stove top decarb method posted in another thread before I started.

I put a couple tsp of butter in a cup and added half and half until it was covered. Nuked it for 30 seconds and added a tea bag with a teaspoon of weed in it. Then I added 2/3 cup of boiling water. Mixed it up and put the lid on, let it set for 10-15 stirring occasionally. I then added a mint tea bag and another 2/3 cup boiling water and sealed it up for another 15. I was using one of those travel mugs that keeps stuff really hot so after this it was almost still too hot to drink. I threw in a packet of stevia for sweetening and it tasted really good.

Effects came on in an hour and I was nicely buzzed for 6 hours or so. I'm a real lightweight so for general medicinal effects I might just use a half teaspoon. My scale is broken so I'm not sure what weight I used.