Rate the last movie you watched!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Dimethyltrip, Aug 17, 2009.

1. #41 DaComeUpCat, Aug 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2009
    Dude, you havent seen that movie yet?!?!

It's really good man, long but good. I suggest you light a few bowls, kick back and enjoy.:smoke:

I think Ive heard of heat too. Anyways, all of Di Niro's movies are amazing.

EDIT: yeah, I know what you mean. You probably want to wait til you get some bud and have plenty of time to watch it.

2. Time Traveler's Wife. 6.5/10.

I wanted to like it, but it didn't live up to my expectations. It felt wayyy too fast paced and it seemed as if they threw a bunch of random out-of-place scenes together to make a shitty movie.

3. Up in Smoke at like 2 last night, only thing that was on. 8/10. (Its a stoner classic)

4. The Goods - 7.5 / 10
    Maybe even an 8...
    It funny and has a good cast.. but ya know it not the funniest thing ever. Ide watch it again.

5. Misery 7.5/10
    Zeitgeist 9/10
    The exorcist 8/10

6. GI Joe - 4/10 it was pretty much garbage

Inglorious Basterds - 9/10 best movie i've seen in a hot minute

7. Yes Man - 7/10. Hilarious movie, doesn't live up to Liar Liar as I've heard from friends. But still pretty funny.

I've heard good things about Inglorious Bastards. Usually not a fan of QT's movies.

8. Just saw District 9.
    AMAZING. great plot, great effects. Great everything. go see it. go pay $9.50. Must see.

District 9
    9.5/10.

9. [​IMG]

4/10 - Terrible story line, worse acting. They left out a LOT of shit.

10. i just got back from watching the new halloween, man was that hard to sit through. i give it like a 3/10, maybe less

11. Equilibrium

9/10

I started the movie expecting another average sci-fi flick, just perfect for the state I was in at the moment. Man was I in for a surprise.

The premise of the movie is as cliche as it gets, equal parts matrix, 1984 and bladerunner. But after the opening scene, that won't matter. Throughout the movie, your jaw will hit the floor.

Sure there are plot holes big enough for an elephant to pass through, but the movie sucks you into its unlikely world. You'll willingly give up your sense of disbelief for the duration.

The directing and art is just perfect. The acting is a bit cartoonish, but that is part of the style of the film. A style I might say that is consistent and very effectfull. Notice the clever use of colour throughout the movie.

It all looks very big budget, but is actually shot on a shoestring.

This is a clever little sci-fi gem, with enough plot-twists to keep you guessing to the end. And if you're into that thing, the fight scenes makes the matrix look mediocre.

12. The Odd Couple

9/10, what a fantastic movie. Funny, intelligent and extremely well directed.
    Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau at their best.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDEw0_IOISM]YouTube - Are you through with this discussion ?[/ame]

:D

13. Inglorious Basterds 8/10

I really enjoy Tarantino movies so this got rated well by me. the "basterds" are not in as much of the movie as one would expect from the title but it is plenty bloody and TONS of nazi killing for those who hate nazis.

I'd see it again, but not till it is on DVD.

p.s. - it 2 1/2 hours long.

14. damn Equilibrium, that was a good review man

15. I agree, awesome review. It actually makes me want to watch it. :hello:

16. [​IMG]

8.5/10 it was a nice surprise because i wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was

17. The Final Destination in 3D

4/10 and only giving it that cause it was 3D.

Seen one seen them all.

18. Constantine

9/10 - Not my first time seeing it but I always love it. I didn't give it the extra 1 point because John's coughing could have been more realistic :D

19. 1 out of 10 TOPS! I was the biggest fans of Halloween and now it's been ruined for me. Anyone who sits through this random assortment of terrible acting and gorrible story telling deserves a goddamn metal...

2nd worst movie I've ever seen next to Battlefield Earth

20. The Dark Crystal - 10/10

Jim freaking Henson man! I would have loved to smoke with him!

Pee Wee's Big Adventure - 10/10

Haven't seen it in years. And that movie was actually fucked up...