Tin Foil:Shiny or dull side?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BongyMcBongBong, Aug 14, 2009.

1. I have to use tin foil because im poor, but what side of the foil should i use?

2. If you must.......Dull side facing plants

3. dull, but i wouldnt use use it, if ur leaves touch the foil i could burn them leaves

just go to osco, wall-greens, or Kmart and get white poster board its good for a tight budget, i think i 19cents a peace for a 20x24inch sheet of white

plasterboard reflects more light also

4. foil is bad to use. White posterboard, or foamboard would be much better (foamboard is the shit next to posterboards, same size, but thicker, and made of foam)

if you can, paint the walls flat white. this is far superior. and not very expensive.

for 1.00 a pop, you can find emergency blankets. theyre made of mylar, the same mylar growers use to line their grow tents / cabinets. put a few of these up, and youre set.

being poor is no excuse for using aluminum foil.

5. or just get some flat white paint. no gloss. it will work wayyy better than foil.

6. I'm trying Mylar this round. I took the emergency blanket out my
    Johnson & Johnson first-aid kit in my work truck!!

7. tape a shit ton of computer paper. nice and bright white

8. So are you trying mylar or an emergency blanket? They are not the same.

And you do realize this thread is like two years old?

9. I'm going w/ Matt white paint & yes believe it or not it is the same exact material as "Mylar" but a little thinner and 1000% cheaper. But the paint is permanent less fuss. Keeps the temp down 8-10 degrees!

Attached Files:

10. Thanks for the idea of emergency blankets. Did some research and you can get a crazy amount for 10.00. Will be using these soon

11. Hey bro the dollar store has the car window shield sun reflectors. Any dollar store i used to pass i would take the whole rack. If you keep them clean they kick ass. Hth

12. #12 kyla420, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2015
  13. "if ur leaves touch the foil i could burn them leaves"

Although this thread is old, I have a really, really hard time believing that.

J

14. ? Why? It could if hot enough. I have a hard time believing you.

15. I call old wives tale.

J