Lets Build a Clone Machine *Step by Step*

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Rumpleforeskin, Aug 13, 2009.

1. #1201 birddog1971, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
    FYI, these don't work! Got them at Lowes. Somebody may have already posted it, bit there's well over a 1000 post on this thread. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426803188.296629.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426803243.926381.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426803283.997847.jpg The red one is the one describe in the original post.

Sorry, the red one works. It is the 360 EZ cloner.

2. Yeah, I tried all the ones at Lowes/Homedepot. They all worked for af ew days then clogged up,

3. If you are to do this in a 3.5 gal bucket, for like 3-4 clones, how small can you go on the pump? Would 75 gph do it?

4. very cool for you to share it to public and generous to tell us about it . good.

5. doing a right thing then you can going on . support .

6. Rump Thanks Just built one came out great so far need to finish lid waiting on net pots and foams

7. Pots arrived today drilled the holes
    I am now the proud owner of a 7 clone transporter machine
    Thanks for the help

8. I ended up taking a q tip and carefully place PVC cement around the base of each nozzle and glued them in as I screwed them down
    Nice and tight

9. Oh cool, more cloners! I love DIY! Really cool, Rumple!
    If anyone wants to eliminate the pumps, manifolds, sprayers, and any noise, there is fog.
    It's what I use now.
    My cloner

cloner.jpg

10. Thanks for the post. Hope to see more soon.

11. I don't believe GPH is very important as long as the cuttings don't get dry. My first homemade cloner was a Black&Decker drill carry case. I drilled 3/8" holes on top, cut some foam plugs from pipe insulation, put 2 large airstones in 4" of water with a small aquarium pump and put it under a fluorescent light. Had almost 100% rooting after 10 - 14 days. It was only about 1 GPH! Point is, you don't need 290 GPH, just keep 'em wet. That was 25 years ago. Rump's design is reliable, simple and about as effective a cloner as you can get. It is the only cloner I will use. I've used the exact design for 7-8 years now and never have any problems at all. If a cutting does root and gets some brownish slime on the end, just cut the brown crap off. It'll root. One thing I am in disagreement about is leaving the pump on 24/7. I think this is overkill on the water plus it will heat up your tank. I run mine 1/2 hr. on and 1/2 hr. off, 24/7. Also an airstone helps immensely. Think about it. With the foam plugs, submerged pump and tight lid, not much oxygen is being moved into the cloner. An airstone brings air from outside that would not get there otherwise. My cuttings are almost always ready in 4 - 7 days. IMO it's the increased oxygen that speeds things up. The lower branches on a plant have the most rooting hormone, so they are the best for cuttings. I have cloned some very small cuttings (2" total) that developed into full size plants. I stopped keeping a mother years ago. My set-up is perpetual harvest and each time I move a plant in to flower, I take the bottom 2 - 4 branches for clones. That's 2 - 4 clones for every mature plant, so I never run short. Cloning is the easiest part of my operation. I've been typing too long now, so I think I better go smoke a doobie.
    Best of luck in everything, Phezisica

• Like Like x 1
  12. I put this together the other day, gonna kick it off this weekend unless someone sees any potential issues with it.

Attached Files:

13. Might add the airstone as recommended above for added measure.

14. Had to ck in, thanks Rumple, 100% success 3 times in a row now. My pump is smaller, a little under 290gpm, I had built mine ex. as the destructions. Was taking bout 20 days to good roots, think the op spec pump was like upper 300's, so I took 5 nozzels out an plugged holes with ss screws. Rooted clones 7 to 10 days 100% success with recommended cuts. Larger cuts require more time but still 100% success. Seems adding an air stone would speed up the natural rooting process but would be detrimental to our pump ?? Just my thoughts.
    If it ain't broke, don't F with it !!
    ????????
    LoL
    Thanks again
    DD

15. Awesome design going to Home Depot now!

16. They were sloppy cuts but all 7 (100%) look like they will make it. I need adjustments for sure... more sprayer tips for starts. But happy overall

Attached Files:

17. 12 days in box, first day in solo cup (seed starting mix with great white dust).

Attached Files:

18. thanks for all the info man.... thats some pretty cool shit... i might just have to buy a clone machine tho lol

19. what about a humidity dome for then 5 gallon buckets I have a clear plastic cake dome that would fit perfectly on top

20. I am sure you can make it work, but I have found no reason to make one with my current setup