Yellow leaves during flowering

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by GeneWeen, Aug 8, 2009.

1. I will start off stating that this is my first grow and I've gone through some issues and rookie mistakes; using MG soil and two plants, one pot. But I've kept these plants alive for the last 6 months and three weeks into flowering. I've noticed in the last week that the broad leaves are turning yellow and falling off. After reading, I'm guessing this is either a N deficiency, over watering, or over fert issue. Please take a look at the pics and tell me what you think.

Thanks,

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    Soil

What brand and type of soil?
    MG - but the soil is about 6 months old now so I'm not worried about burn

Indoors or outdoors?
    Indoors

What strain?
    Bag Seed

How old are the plants?
    6 months, 3 weeks into flowering

What type of lights and how many watts?
    400w Na

How far from the lights?

8 inches

What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    Whenever dry, tap water left out at least 24 hours

What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    Schultz Bloom Plus, 10-54-10

What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    NA

What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    All within save ranges

What size pots?
    ~20inches

Any bugs? Look real close.
    None that I can find
    Any other pertinent info?
    See beginning.

Attached Files:

2. its common that plants drop some leaves during flowering, but this doesnt look like its normal

the leaves look droopy, which could be a sign of possible overwatering.

wait for more input though

3. Without a PH reading your just beating a dead horse:eek:. The PH has to be within range for plant to uptake the proper fert's at the proper time. Like i would guess Mag def and u try to correct it but in reality u r componding the problem because ur PH is off, locking out the Mag:smoking:

4. I took a ph reading of the fert solution I'm using, it's 6.5; which I guess is a little high. What should I add (for soil) to decrease the ph?

Thanks,

5. I'am no dirt guy,i think that's spot on only u want that reading from the run off water. To test soil PH start with water PH'd at 7.0,which is neutral. Water and ck runoff reading if it's 6.8 then ur golden. If it's to far out of wack and since u started with a neutral number you will know which way to adjust,that's the way i read it anyway,but i hav never had to deal with a plant longer than 3 months:smoking: