Bottled water ph levels!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by coppermike, Aug 7, 2009.

1. hey guys, so this thread is for those of you who (like myself) dont have a ph system and use bottled water. here are some facts about bottled water ph levels

Water with a pH of 4.
    Penta Water, Distilled Water, Purified Water, Aquafina (made by Pepsi), Dasani (made by Coke), Glaceau Fruit Water, Le Blue Water, Metro Mint Water, Pellegrino (made by Nestle), Perrier (made by Nestle), Smart Water, and Vitamin Water.
    Water with a pH of 4.5.
    Reverse Osmosis Water and Ice Age Glacial Water.
    Water with a pH of 5.
    Appalachian Springs Water and Poland Springs Water (made by Nestle)
    Water with a pH of 5.5.
    Crystal Springs Water, Dannon Spring Water, Pure American Water.
    All of the above bottled waters have an acidic ph, which does not support health waters
    Water with a pH of 7.
    Arrowhead Water, Crystal Geyser Water, Deep Park Water (made by Nestle), Eldorado Springs Water, Supermarket Spring Water.
    Water with a pH of 7.5.
    Biota water, Fiji Water, Whole Foods 365 Water, Zephyrhills Water (made by Nestle)
    Water with a pH of 7.9.
    Eden Springs Water.
    Water with a pH of 8.
    Deep Rock Water, Evamore Water.
    Water with a pH of 10
    Filtered Ionized Alkaline Water you make with your own Water Ionizer.
    The advantage of ionized alkaline water is two fold.

2. Yeah, i believe that arrowhead water is high in nitrogen (good for vegging).
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkZSsBbh2W4]YouTube - "arrow head" beer commercial[/ame]

3. that's a wide range of ph levels, what's best for people? or no difference?

and not that i'm doubting you but did you take the ph levels yourself or did you get them from another source?

4. well i take up alot about my health so while looking on a website about good foods i searched bottled waters.. to see if ther where even difrent ph levels or if they where all the same..Turns out they have a range of ph levels here is the website www.wellsphere.com enjoy!

5. Wow... That's actually pretty interesting and unexpected:eek:

6. Isn't Dasani purified using reverse osmosis?

7. not sure exactly but if it where so, its only about .5 a difrence

8. hey maybe this can stick..lol if not..thats kool

9. This is amazingly helpful to me thank you very much. +rep

10. no prob man ty..

11. Very helpful! Good job +Rep

12. #12 jt240x, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009

13. heh.. i hope its sticks too lol

14. I must say...this is bad info. First of all RO water is listed under 4.5 that is wrong. RO (reverse osmosis) water is pure water (assuming you use a quality RO filter with more than one stage). Its the same as distilled water. truely pure H2O is ph neutral, meaning it has a ph of 7. I have tested my RO water with a high quality digital ph meter and it came out to 7. Besides that its a well known fact...just type in "PH" on wikipedia...it says the same.

Also....alot of brands of water...especially cheaper brands...have been found to get their water from the tap...even though their commercials show streams in the mountains and such.

I clicked on that link to the site where you said you got this info...and it doesn't even work. My guess is someone used a cheap or broken ph meter or somehow got cross contamination. You would be best off just buying an RO filter. you can get them off ebay for like $80 (get the 5 or 6 stage one) I bought one of those and it produced 0ppm 7ph water...pure H2O. If you can't spend the $80.... don't buy bottled water, it still can have nutrients in it. if you buy distilled water, it will be 0ppm, 7ph (pure H2O) also, its cheaper than bottled drinking water. at my local grocery store...think it was like $0.60/gallon where as even the cheapest bottled water was like $1.20/gallon...and that was for the kind where you fill a gallon jug yourself.

15. I HIGHLY doubt it. Dasani water tastes horrible. I imagine if i ever drunk water out of a dirty toilet...it would taste the same as dasani water LOL

serious....there is no way that water can be RO water. I have drunk RO water before and it tastes good.

16. ?.. i was just on that web site earlier...anywayz i dont see how this is bad info if a health website is giving it out how can they be wrong. i belive they would be getting sued for false information due to people who realy watch what they eat/drink..

+rep if you find another chart to prove this one wrong..

And remeber they are an organization with a better ph system then yours im sure..
    (not knowing where you baought yours from)

17. I have personally tested jugs of water bought from grocery stores, and tested water from various sources, often from bottle to bottle and store to store they have differences in PH. Water sources change daily. I can test my tap water today and it may be 7.8, tomorow it may be 7.0, they do vary slightly. To say this helps for people who do not test PH makes no sense. Here is an idea, rather then go spend money on bottled water, why not go by a PH test kit for like $10-$15, I think it would save a ton of money in the long run, but if you want waste your money on bottled water I guess it is ok. I prefer to spend my money on my grow, not over priced bottled water.

less

18. exactly. you can get cheapo test solution (don't recomend) for like $5 but its not very accurate. Or you can go on ebay and find a digital ph meter for as little as $20 Hanna makes really good products. If money isn't an issue, Hanna makes a really nice one for about $120 it is a digital PH/TDS(ppm and EC)/temperature meter. It is fully waterproof and floats (good for us hydro guys).

Also, do yourself a favor and get the RO filter like i explained above...deffinately worth it

19. I have used the solution and PH Up & PH Down since I started growing, never had a problem. Those cheap test kits are perfect for getting within the range you want with your water and nutrients, so I suggest them when you grow on a budget.

But what do I know.

less

20. #20 jt240x, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2009