The benefits of a male plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Asheville1959, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Ok , I finally can for sure tell that one of my kids is a male. I can clearly see the balls and what looks like maybe some flowering on top. Its in the ground all by itself so there is no worry about messing up any females. Should I let it flower and is the plant and its fruits smokeable at all ? Just want to know if I should keep him or get rid of em.

Thanks Ahead of time for your advice!! :) And also we have had rain everyday now for about a week can all this rain be a negative ???

2. Keep him, save the pollen for later breeding, make some oil if you want, or use the plant for hemp. Other than that there's not much you can really do with him. Smoke him, and you get quite a nasty headache.

3. Ok thanks for your comments. The flowering that I see is on top I will take a pic nad post it so you can comment.

Thanks Again,

:cool:

4. If you have any females growing around, kill the male. Pollen can travel 10 miles.
    Unless you want seedy pot.

5. Thanks will do !! Long Live Sinsemilla :)

6. Keep him, save the pollen for later breeding, make some oil if you want, or use the plant for hemp. Other than that there's not much you can really do with him. Smoke him, and you get quite a nasty headache.

How can i capture the pollen and to possibly make oil also? I need to do this quickly before he releases the pollen ?? Help :hello::confused:

7. How is this process done ?? and when do I know its ready ?? I dont want the plant to release th epollen and i end up with lots of seedy females. Although the male is isolated its still on the same property as the others. I understand the pollen can carry up to 10 miles?? :confused::eek:

8. to capture the pollen you would have to let the sacks open. then place something under the sacks to catch the pollen as it falls.
    doing this outdoors is not an easy task.
    your best bet would be to let the male go until you see maybe one pollen sack open, then cut him down, bring him indoors, put him in water, wait for more sacks to open, collect the pollen, and pollenate a branch of your most vigorous female.
    good luck brother..........

9. Thanks Phyx I will do just that! :)

10. Ok here are a few Pics I took this morning of the Male. Let me know what U all think! :D

Attached Files:

11. looks like a male to me...

12. Yes , Thanks I will be pulling him out of the garden before he realeases the pollen.

Dont belive that it will offer much in the way of pollen inorder to make any quantity of hash oil worth making.

Its a small plant under 3 feet.

Thanks again for your comments, :)

13. Just takes 1 un-seen male flower to polinate a garden...

looks like its getting ready to bloom open, time is upon you! :)