*Atlanta* Busted by Profiling Last Night

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by 420FLASmoka, Aug 5, 2009.

1. So last night I spent the night in Gwinnett County jailhouse for a possession of cannabis charge. Here's what happened...

I just made a pickup just over the county line from a guy I've never met before. $130/quarter of purp that smoked pretty good.

We were heading back, the radio was probably on 5 or 6, like barely on because I just got off the phone and we see a cop on the other side of the intersection heading the way we were about to turn. He heads on, and we take a left, but he pulls into a parking lot and waits for us. Keeping in mind my buddy is black and I'm white, he profiled us as guarenteed criminals.

He pulls us, says our music was loud enough so he could hear us across the intersection, and asks for our licenses as he heads back to the patrol car. He comes on my side of the vehicle and asks me out of the car, so I know something is up. He says "I'm only going to ask this once, and be honest, do you have anything on you I need to know about?"

"Yes, I have a quarter of some marijuana in my pocket."

"I appreciate you honesty and I'm going to place you in investigative custody right now."

So he pulls it out of my pocket and I tell him I also have my scale, not unusual dealing with a new guy. He immediately is like "That's a quite a bit of marijuana!"

And I'm like "It's only a quarter, my personal for a couple weeks."

I tell him it was $130, so I was bummed over that.

So then he proceeds to rip my buddy's car APART! I mean tears apart the dash and everything, dumping out his ashtray all over the place. He's like "Are there any weapons in the vehicle? Any cocaine?" And we're both like wtf??? We're both professionals, and he doesn't even smoke pot! Of course I say he knew nothing about what I had, but that cop damn sure was trying to get me to say he knew about it. He also was dead convinced that my buddy was my dealer!!! TOTALLY untrue. HARDCORE profiling. Tore apart the trunk looking for something, EVERYTHING!

Well he gives him a warning for his "music". Then comes over to me and says "Based on the amount of marijuana you had..." and at this point Im thinking hes about to let me go for it and hes like "...I'm going to have to take you in."

Im like "WHAT??!!?! It's only a quarter!!! This is going to fuck my whole life up man! I have a career!"

"Keep whining and I'll stick you with the felony Intent to Distribute"

"Intent to distribute!?!! Dude! It's my personal! It's only a quarter!"

"Yea, but it's in individual bags."

"No it's not! It's all in one sandwich bag! I haven't even gotten a chance to open it!"

"But it's in individual nugs."

At this point I'm totally like "WTF!!! Have you not seen highgrade cannabis before??? I always get individual nugs!"

"Well that's quite a bit of marijuana you have there and at this point I'm going to place you under arrest. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say..." yada yada yada.

And of course he's trying to get me to rat. I'm like "Dude, I don't know what you want me to tell you. This is my first time even meeting the dude, I have no idea what his name is, I have no idea what car he drove because it was dark, and I really don't even know the name of the apartments we were in! I know NOTHING."

The whole way down to the jail he's trying to pick my brain apart "I'm part of the Drug/Robbery Unit, and I love to pick people's brain apart. How long would this last you? 2 days?"

"Dude, if you smoke that much in 2 days, you're a pothead. Or freaking rich. That lasts me about 2 weeks, it was just my personal as I just got paid." And of course had my whole paycheck in my pocket, like $600, so it totally looked like I was a dealer, but I mean shit, I'm a professional, I have no point to sell.

So the guy turned out to not be such a bad cop, and kept pressing that he's just giving me a misdemeanor and it's no big deal, but jesus christ dude, did you have to take me in when I was being completely truthful with you? I even got into a legalization talk with him, and he somewhat agreed with me but said "Man, I'm just doing my job, just like everyone else. I don't always have to like it, but if I let you go, I'd have to let everyone go."

The cop even called ahead to my local police department to warn them about my buddy heading home so he got pulled over AGAIN!! Saying "We're pulling you over as we got a tip from another agency about your vehicle possibly carrying drugs" and they researched his trunk and let him go AGAIN. COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS!!

Does anyone think I have any hope of a case? I mean I don't even think the distance across the intersection he supposedly spotted our music was 100ft across, which I think is the law, and I KNOW our music wasn't loud at all. Is there any way I could fight this??? I can't believe this is happening to me...this is totally going to trash my professional license and my life as a whole...all for a plant that shouldn't be illegal anyways.

2. i cant sit and read this all right now but if you indeed get arrested because of profiling maybe i can give you a few pointers. i was arrested in nor cal on pos. charges because of what i look like and the us marshals got me out and the cop suspended. i will post more when i get back home.

3. You can always get a lawyer and fight it BUT it is most likely just going to be your say vs his and you know who usually wins that battle..

4. I know a bunch of other people are gonna come in here and say "You shouldn't have admitted/consented the search," but with douchebag cops like that, you're pretty much screwed from the beginning.

Sorry to hear, bro. If you get a decent lawyer, you could probably get the misdemeanor dropped in exchange for some community service.

Good luck.

5. If it is a misdemeanor, it really doesn't matter because you could probably get it expunged in no time, and most stuff only cares about felonies. About the profiling though, that does not matter. The cop can say your music was too loud and all the piggies oink in agreement. It is how our shitty judicial system works.

6. wow. cops these days. in cleveland cops steal your stuff and smoke it there selves. and your lucky cause if i talked to a cop like that by were i live i would of gotten beaten. thats how dirty these cops are. NEVER GO TO CLEVELAND!

7. "profiling" "Probable cause" same fucking thing on the street.
    Mistake #1, Admitting you had something.
    Mistake #2, Admitting you had something.

8. ^^^ He was about to search me anyways, he saw I was nervous. That or call a dog, just as bad. I've got a lot to lose, and more than a reason to be nervous.

That would be nice if I could get it dropped for some community service. I'd do that with a smile on my face. I'm really just hoping my licensing board doesn't find out about this...

9. #9 ImTheJoker4u2, Aug 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2009

So what?
    Let them call the fucking dogs, and do their jobs. Why make it easier for THEM to arrest YOU? Its not like admitting something will make the charges go away or the cop turn his head while you ditch your stash. He could have gotten lucky and the dog could have been busy on the other side of town. He COULD have walked away from this by excercising his rights. Instead he admitted guilt and was arrested. When you admit to a crime you are GUARANTEED to be arrested. At least play your cards!!
    Point:
    NEVER ADMIT ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The ONLY thing they are allowed to frisk you for is a WEAPON!!
    Say you have headphones, or some peanuts - W/E

10. Not true. Sometimes playing "hardcore" and pushing your rights gets you in more shit with corrupt cops like this. As he was saying, he was trying to stick me with a FELONY just for having a scale!!! This guy was incredible, and telling the truth might have saved me an arrest, as it has in the past for me and I fully expected him to just take my bag and leave, but that didn't happen.

11. I would agree with you, but I've been caught with weed at least 3 times by the cops, and have been polite and talked my way out of getting arrested each time.

You're taking a chance either way IMO...

12. I don't think theres much to fight with this case considering you admitted and handed the weed over. Just let this be a lesson that your rights can't always protect you in a situation like this so be prepared (hide the weed).

13. They can CHARGE you with W/E
    Its what your convicted of that counts;)
    Thats why theres trials and cross examination;)
    The felony could easily be reduced or thrown out at trial.
    Not to mention the entire search could be thrown out.

Believe me - Ive ratted on myself too, but knowing what I know now - Id rather take my chances in court, than on the street with the cops. You took a misdemeanor over a possible nothing.

14. what do you mean the entire search could be thrown out. They didnt search to find the weed he admitted to it and handed it over.

15. I think you could have something-The part to which he called ahead and had him researched...That's fucked up man.

16. Sorry to hear that man, hope they let you go. Never consent to a search. And always hide your weed.:cool:

17. I stopped at the part where you confessed to him. Bad move man. Unless you guys were smoking in the car, there was no way in hell he could have found the pot, there was no rightful reason for him to search you. And even if he thought he smelled marijuana, I'm pretty sure that supreme court ruled just recently that a cop does not have the right to search you even if he does detect a smell. I read the article somewhere around grasscity.

18. It always amazes me as to how quickly people confess and dont hide their shit.

19. 1. $130 for a QUARTER?!?!?!? :eek:
    2. You seriously admitted right off the bat like that?
    3. And you are VERY lucky you didn't get an intent charge because you having the scale on you does indeed make it possession with intent.

/thread

20. Sad story, but like we're all saying...don't ever, ever ever ever admit that you have illegal shit on you. Hide that shit until the pig finds it. There is NO reason whatsoever to give him/her more to work with. That's like asking for jailtime.

But yeah. Try your case in court; if your consequences are as dire as you believe them to be, you really have no choice but to fight the matter, y'dig?

It's a tough call though. Your word isn't as trusted as his is, yet he is making a claim that would require at least one witness to prove or disprove it. You could win or lose.