Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cannabutter with dank?.. A few q's.. please help.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by HeyHey, Aug 4, 2009.

1. ok, so i just got a 1/4 (7.0 g) of some no-name dank. alot of crystals on it, and a few hairs... the thing is, i dont want to smoke it... so i think iim making some cannabutter.

ive made some firecrackers with some dank in the past using extra chunky jiffy and put them in the oven (220 degrees) for 18mins... but they DIDNT WORK!!.. thats why im afraid to do this cannabutter with this dank lol... what do you think?? did them wrong??

ok, another question lol.. how many sticks of butter should i use for 7g's? its dank, so how many minutes or hours should i leave the butter with the weed in the pot for ALL of the thc is bonded or realesed??

thanks alot for you answers and you patience!, heyhey

2. Some people just don't process edibles well at all. You may have done them wrong, but as long as they weren't burnt, you should've been high.

3. unfortunately, with 7g of dank, you run nearly an 80% chance of fucking up your edibles. I wouldn't cook with the dank, i would smoke it :( sorry bud. However, i can give you some impossible to fuck up cannabutter recipe! fire-crackers do not work for everyone, they dont work for me no matter what, dunno why. I've even had some that came from an MMJ place!

4. Well yea, give me that recipe lol... and if i fuck it up... wel fuck it lol, ill now i can never waste my money again on edibles.

thanks man!

ps.. i think im gonna use this recipe for some brownies, can you tell me if its good? you think itll work?: Pot Brownies

5. #5 ratrickx103, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2009
    Haha alrighty.

So, for every ounce of bud you need one pound of butter. invest in quality butter. The Package will tell you how many sticks one pound is. This is a hard recipe to fuck up so here goes.

This is what i did and used.

2 lbs buter
    2 ounces of mid-grade bud, hydro or beasters are great too
    A double boiler or crock pot
    A strainer
    A glass bowl
    a fine mesh coffee filter
    Paper towels
    plastic tub for butter
    A stove or plug

- now, grind up that herb as fine as possible, we used a coffee grinder!
    - pick out any things you dont want to bite into (stems seeds what have you)
    - set the ground bud aside
    - take the 2 lbs of buttah and add it to the double boiler
    - melt the buttah and once it is sufficiently melted, add that delish bud and let simmer for 1-2 hours
    - take the top pot off the boiler and pour the butter into the glass bowl and put it into your refrigerator for 2 - 24 hours (this part is optional)
    - If needed, re-heat your butter
    - Strain the butter through both the large strainer and the coffee strainer into your butter container
    - make sure it seals well so your butter wont become rancid after a few days or weeks

BROWNIES!!!!
    Prep Time: 45 minutes

Cook Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:

---Brownie---
    4 (1oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate
    1 cup butter
    1 cup flour
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    4 eggs
    2 cups sugar
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, lightly toasted
    ---Buttercream Filling---
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    2 cups powdered sugar
    2 tablespoons golden rum
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    milk or more rum
    ---Chocolate Frosting---
    8 ounces (8 - 1 ounce squares) semi-sweet chocolate
    1-3 ounce white chocolate candy bar
    3 tablespoons solid vegetable shortening, divided
    Preparation:

Melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat; cool. Stir flour and salt together; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar until thick. Blend in chocolate mixture and vanilla. Fold in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in the nuts.
    Spread evenly in a greased 9 X 13 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until firm. Let cool!

Enjoy! I do this all the time and they taste like chocolate sex and then you get fucked :smoking: :hello:

6. Good recipe and walkthrough, but that's a little over the top. There's only a few hundred ways to tell someone not to be cheap without making jokes about ethnicites. -rep man.

7. Whoopsies, teenage slang whilst high