Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Granny Storm Crow's list-July 2009

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by fallforlife, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Just to let everyone know...

Granny's list is now available with clickable links on this website

Legalize The Cure - Reference Library

The categories are anchor links to the listings farther down.

Many had asked me for this type of format to use instead of printing it out. So now it's live with full attribution to Granny Storm Crow.

Many Thanks, Granny!

2. Yes, I do have that one- it's under "Cancer- Glioma/brain". Thank you very much, anyway! :) I am always looking for new studies!

Granny :wave:

3. Great work thats awesome.....something that should be sent to your state rep maybe!

4. All 120+ pages of it, Bongsmoke? That's a fair sized bundle of paper! I do send it out as an email attachment on occasion to various politicians, doctors and reporters- I hope you do too! :D Education is how we will convince others! When I started using medicinally, over 40 years ago, there was no such thing as "medical marijuana"- now over 60% of the public supports the idea of medical cannabis! We have come a long way since then! :hello:

If you want the list as an attachment that you can forward, send an email to i.wantgrannyslist(at)greenpassion.org and I'll send one off to you free.

5. granny i scrolled through your whole list, and i was wondering if you knew of any information on marijuana and hashimotos thyroiditis.. which at its basics is a underactive thyroid condition...

6. Sorry hon- no luck so far. I will keep looking, though. The good news is that more and more studies are being done. :hello: I can remember some anecdotal stuff on one of the forums- but way too long ago for me to remember which one. Have you tried running a search on "cannabis thyroid"?

7. :eek: information overload!

8. ":eek: information overload!" ??? Nope! Try "Granny Storm Crow's MMJ Reference list"- The new January 2010 version of my list! About 30 pages of new stuff has been added! :D Have fun!

9. I just sent you an email. Can I have a copy of this please?

10. I sent you the 2010 version, so you got the latest!

11. Thanks! I'm going to pass this around to everyone I know. :)

12. So are you saying that if I went through some of these disorders that apply to me and got the facts, I could have a chance to get prescribed medical marijuana ? Just asking this because I have a doctor's appointment soon and if there is any chance I threw the facts in his face to get prescribed, I'd do it.

13. Sent you an email Granny, thanks in advance.

14. #36 Storm Crow, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2010
    First off, what state are you in? If you are in California, yes, there is a chance. All California medical doctors can give recommendations for cannabis. Whether he will give you a recommendation or not, will depend on how persuasive you can be, and how strong his resistance is. My doctor even admitted to me that he used cannabis in med school, but he won't give me a rec! Too scared of the government, even though he is protected by law!

But I wouldn't "throw the facts in his face"- I have found being polite, calm and rational gets me much further than confrontational behavior. And it is a recommendation, not a prescription. I would strongly suggest that you read the studies before you give them to him, so you can discuss the data intelligently. If there are news articles in my list about the actual studies that interest you, you may find it helpful to read the news articles first.

You also should look at the new version of my list. It is a sticky in the medical forum and has about 30 pages of links more than this version! You may find even more studies on your condition. Check it out!

Wayne, I got some copies off this morning- you should have mail! And it's the 2010 version. :D

Granny

15. Wow. Kick Ass thread :)

16. granny you rock! can i get an email of that please?

17. Lily, dear, just send me an email at i.wantgrannyslist(at)greenpassion.org ! Use a @ for the (at) and get it off to me! I usually get them out within 24 hours. :D

I'll be sending you the "Equinox" version. It's my beta for what is coming up in July. The "Equinox list" is 250 pages of MMJ studies! July's list may get to 420 pages of links- I'm up to 315 as of today!

MRSA has been in the news lately and guess what I just found...dated 1955! (And for a medical study, it's even easy reading and has pictiures of the results! )

HEMP AS A MEDICAMENT : Methods and results of the bacteriological experiments (full - 1955)
    HEMP AS A MEDICAMENT - Methods and results of the bacteriological experiments

MRSA kills 19,000 Americans every year! And it was known in 1955 that cannabis kills 100% of MRSA /Staph aureus bacteria on contact! In 2008, more cannabis vs MRSA studies were done - same results! (They are in the list you wiil get). And it STILL isn't common knowledge! :mad: Suppression of knowledge sucks- especially when it can kill you!

Prohibition does more than just ruin lives and put people in prison needlessly, prohibition KILLS by blocking research! 19,000 every year die from MRSA, and then there's cancers, MS, and more that are slowed or stopped by cannabis! These "indirect murders" must stop!

Register to vote! There are a lot of MMJ bills and even possible legalization in California and Washington. The prohibs are counting on us being apathetic, "Cheech and Chong" stoners! Let's prove them WRONG! :devious: Your vote WILL count this fall!

We CAN get CANNABIS LEGAL! :hello: :hello: :hello:

18. thanks man. great post :)