How to exhaust my 4x4x6'6" grow tent?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by halitzor, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Yeah I know what you mean. I think I am going to use the res simply because I have a 9-6 and I won't be home for 9 hours which means I can't add water or anything.

2. Osho how big is the fan in your picture, plus you also have A/C to help with the cooling.

3. 120 cfm exhaust

4. Hows it coming along man??

5. :yay:I got my ductstat in the mail today, Hooked it up and it runs the exhaust fan well.

I still need to dial the temp in well tho. Its from cold to hot ona scale, no actual temps. I'll have to sync it up with my thermometer and I'll be set.

A buddy called me today and is giving me a free *well established* raspberry cough clone :)

So I'm gonna have these mom's veggin eventually:

Super silver
    Blue widow
    Blue hash
    Purple urkle
    Raspberry cough

6. There is def some BS flying here, that or your giving each other a reach around

7. #27 Osho, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2009
    To user FRANKLY,

First off, you officially sound like you do not know shit now, second of all, that is the most jerk off comment I have ever read.

Try and learn before you go speaking like a true idiot, cause to me, your nothing more than just that, an idiot. Giving him a reach around? Amazing.

Think I will talk to some moderators about removing your post and possibly, removing you from GC for being a jerk off who does not know what he is talking about, and has posted incorrect information to other users.

BTW - I have a 180 CFM fan, I was wrong

[​IMG]

4" intake flange. For large inflation jobs and exhausting air outside.
    Exchanges air in an 800 cu. ft. room in 4.5 minutes.

How you feel now? Stupid?

8. how about either giving some advice or staying out of this thread? You aren't really helping anyone with posts like this.

9. August I've read many of your threads & respect your input on this subject.

The point I tried to make & stated earlier in the thread was that it's impossible to vent that area with a 170cfm fan using a 600 watt light fixture, also stated that I was using a 600 watt MH in the same area using 2 1000 cfm fans and barely maintaining needed temps. ( I have since checked & I was wrong there 600 cfm fans )

halitzor stated that he didn't even have a problem with temps with the fan of, now I might have gone a bit over the line but I find BS incredibly frustrating.

If I offended anyone other than the 2 parties I was addressing I apologize

10. Its 83 in my tent, fully closed, with the light on, and the fan off.

Don't be jealous.

11. Yeah not every basement is the same, shit, my temps never reach past 80 with a A/C and the compressor doesn't run too often. It's about the air you bring in, and however fast you can take it out.

12. I just added a 4" inline duct fan from home depot to my intake duct. Lots better now.

I'm thinking about removing my intake from outside for right now though, its going to be too warm. Unless I run the lights at night.... hmm.

13. Look into one of these, they are hidden on some places for 200 bucks max. Its a great unit, used to use them, and they work fast, dehumidify, and maintain constant temperatures automatically

Here!!

[​IMG]
    Please wait
    Image not available

14. Arrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. I found a cheap Portable a/c unit myself, best investment so far. After getting my temps in check everything else just falls into place. Also during veg. you want to have some good air circulation too. I bought some cheap clip on desk fans, like 6" or so

16. Frankly, I already told you I would have a moderator handle you, stop posting in here if you want to keep your GC account man, messages like that are POINTLESS!

17. How big is that a/c unit? I don't want to lose room for a bucket for that :)

I've been changing up my ducting to find what works best. Right now I have the 80cfm fan mounted outside the top of the tent pulling hot air directly from the glassed hood. And my 170 cfm fan is pulling air out of the top of my tent to outside. I'm leaving everything running all night to see what that makes the temp stay at. If its still above 80 I'm going to have to look into one of those a/c things.

18. #38 Osho, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2009
    They are not that big, but worst case scenario you take it and put the A/C outside your tent, and connect ducting to the front. Hook it up to your sensor and it will click on when needed. If you look at the pics I posted on your thread before, you will see what I mean.

19. Send me a PM Osho

I actually found some fans that are much more powerful than the squirrel / can fans and they cost a fraction of the price. I'll be getting 2 of them in the mail later this week and test them.

How I currently have it running is I have a 4" inline duct fan (80cfm) pulling air directly from my light fixture and shooting it outside. (thats helping a lot with temps)

I then have a 180cfm ( i think) can fan exhausting the top of my tent any time the temp goes over 79. Its 79.1 in there right now.

When I get the two test fans, one will be directing air into the light fixture, the other pulling air out of it, they will run only when the light is on.

I will still have the 180 cfm can fan pulling air from the top of the room when it goes over 79.

And the 4" 80 cfm fan I dont know if I will need or not, I might convert it to an intake.

FYI, the test fans I'm getting are only 4" inline, and are 240 cfm :)

20. Just remember that fans are not rated with resistancy, just air mass with no ducting or anything. 240 is awesome either way, that will be more than enough for your space tho imo