Want to slim down, tone up, or gain muscle? Ask me for advice on anything!

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by EASYlivin, Jul 22, 2009.

1. You want to stay away from doing the same routine everyday. Also, try to stick to freeweights. they use mushc more muscles then any machine.

With situps, you want a sloww controlled motion. as you go up, breath out. you want to move slowly back to the starting position.

2. Honestly, smoking weed doesnt effect my weight at all. Sometimes ill take a few hits before the gym. It keeps me zoned into my music. Also, concerning the munchies.. I try and select foods that can benefit me. Usually I wont eat too much throughout the day and ill workout for an hour or so. so my body still craves food. that way when i get the munchies after smoking, it really doesnt hurt me to eat a bucnh of fruit or a pb+j. :D

If you want to gain muscle you want to target your reps to 4-8. With high weight. Slow controlled motions. If youre going too fast you wont gain muscle nearly as quick. FOr example, if youre lifting, it should take a whole second to lift the weight up, then 1-2 seconds bringing it back down to the starting position. its all about the form!

3. You need to decide what your goal is. are you trying to bulk up or lose weight. Theres not really a middle ground to this. my advice?? lose fat first, then work on bulking up if you really want to. So, you want to stick with lesser weight (10-15 reps). you should also do some cardio after youre lifting, if you want to speed up this process. running 20-30 minutes a day will help you lose that fat and man tits. Honestly, I also had man tits , and it was very embarassing. I know for a fact that healthy eating and exercise will help you get rid of those fuckers

4. Regarding energy. B vitamins are agreat source of energy. However they need carbohydrates to be active. aka (pasta, bread, anything starchy) carbohydrates are needed everyday especially if you workout alot. you will want more than the daily amount. You can also take a protein supplement to increase your daily calories. healthy foods, protein, and carb rich foods are essential to gaining the muscle you want. and excellent source would be fruit. Fruit contains carbs, vitamin c in some cases, and fiber.

5. Running cant hurt man. Just make sure youre eating a good amount of food. Healthy food that is. I wouldnt run more than 2 miles per day in your case. Make sure youre lifting heavy weights. (4-8 reps) keep your form nice a slow. controlled motions are key. keep in mind that running 1 mile = about 100 calories. lifting for 1 hour burns about 200 calories

foods that you want: pasta, bread, fruit, veggies, peanut butter, chicken, turkey, soups, potatos. etc

6. Cheers. I only have freeweights so no problem there. Definately going to try slowing down my situps. A friend recommended doing situps with light dumbells held over my pectorals, good/bad idea?

7. any tips for tightening skin ?

8. I'm 6' 0"ft
    175 lbs.
    I'm not really overweight,i just have a lot of excess fat around my stomach, arms, thighs, and face.
    I really want to just slim down, and have the slim/athletic look to my body.
    any help?

9. surgery is the only permanent way that will work. unless its just a little bit, then let time do its thing
    if at 6 feet and only 175lbs and wanting to lose more, trust me, if you have more fat to lose at 6'' 175 you wont look athetic when you slim down, youll like like a pole.

dont worry about the fat right now and lean bulk, the fat will come off with noob gains

10. Well if i dont need to worry so much about fat loss, then what do i worry about?
    Because that is my main concern, is getting the fat, into lean muscle.
    Because i dont want a big build, i'm looking for more of a tennis player body; i guess would be a good example.

11. #111 Kooz, Sep 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2010
    edited out

12. im 5'8 and 130 pounds....i eat mcdonalds and chips and hella unhealthy foods everyday...but i dont get fatter :( how can i get fat?

13. why the hell would you wanna get fatter?

give me a basic template of what you eat in a day and ill tell you what to do

14. When im masterbaiting, my arm gets sore. Is there any kind of workout i can do so i can masterbait longer?

15. hammer curls

16. Thanks, also...My legs get kind of sore too, because when i do it, i get into kind of like a "Tribal Stance" and wave my free hand around in the air and shit, and my legs get kind of tired, same with that other arm...

Suggestions?

17. Currently, I am nearing completion of my 5k training. I should be running a consistent 5k three times a week, and want to reintroduce weight training. I mostly quit lifting when I moved to running so that I could concentrate on that, but now, I'm looking to start again, and am not sure how to integrate my running with my lifting.

Should I weight train and run on the same days, or run, then lift the next day and go back to running on the third day? How long (approx) does a body need to recover from a workout or run?

18. pushups don't work your biceps..

19. pushups work your tri's and chest

20. Well if i dont need to worry so much about fat loss, then what do i worry about?
    Because that is my main concern, is getting the fat, into lean muscle.
    Because i dont want a big build, i'm looking for more of a tennis player body; i guess would be a good example.
    Just a lean muscle with low fat sort of thing.
    Can i get some help here?