Want to slim down, tone up, or gain muscle? Ask me for advice on anything!

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by EASYlivin, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Very true. All greens are good. Iron is also found in apples. fruit and veggies are a great source of vitamins and antioxidants! Snacking on fruits fills you up and keeps you healthy compaired to a salty junk food snack.

2. I know it sucks man, but the fastest way to lose weight is to run. you dont even need to go fast at all. Just jog for 15-20 minutes 3-4 times a week. and slowly up youre time. YOu can also get a membership at the gym. if you do this you want to focus on reps. you want to burn the fat, so more reps are needed to burn more calories.

*try not to eat too late at night. if youre a night smoker, then I would suggest munching on fruits.

* stick to alot of fruits and veggies in all of your meals during the day. They are low in calories and fill you up. Stick to white meat (chicken/turkey) they are low in fat and calories and still have high protein!

* always have breakfast. it kickstarts your metabolism which burns fat. Egg white sandwich with fruit and a glass of OJ is an example of a great breakfast.

* for you, you should add a salad to one of your meals during the day. removed some fatty foods in one of your meals and replace it with a big salad.

* soup is great for you and also fills you up. having soup before a meal is a smart choice because it will make you eat alot less.

* drink lots of water throughout the day. sometimes when you think youre hungry, your actually thirsty.

* it takes 20 minutes for your brain to realize you are full. so eat slow, so you know when youre full. ( you should never be "stuffed" after a meal.)

* **** stay away from.. sugary snacks, cookies, fast food, soda, alcohol, fried foods, (check my other posts if I forgot any)

3. Smoking weed and the things I do while high keep me fit. I love my trick lol.

4. Changing up your routine is key. If you have a gym membership keep switching it up there are plenty of machines that focus on the same muscles.

you can target one of your pecs by doing "flys" (picture below) if you want, just do a few extra sets of your left chest to try and even it out.

[​IMG]

5. hey I'm 5'3 and 117 I want to gain some sort of muscle but I don't want to be butch or anything I want to keep my feminine physique but also be able to lift some heavy objects due to my job requirements how would I go along with getting this done?

6. I recently fucked up my foot, i've lost alot of the degree of motion when i turn to the left on my left foot, which makes a treadmill out of the question.

So, i tried doing the cycle at the gym, but my legs became way too fatigued before i did (Im wanting to do cardio) so...Anything else i can do that doesn't require a whole lot of walking or running for cardio?

Or should i just let myself recover? This will probably take like 2 weeks, since i get this foot problem alot.

7. thanks for the advice.

8. Thanks man :smoking:

9. my best suggestion would be to get a gym membership. There, they have all types of cardio machines + tredmills to keep you fit, and you should use some of the light freeweights too. I wouldnt go above 15 lb weights in your case. unless youre trying to get bulky. If youre looking to tone up you should use lots of the machines they offer, just keep the wieght at 40lbs or less with high reps.:D ( ask trainers their for more advice)

10. Have you tried to bike?? you can burn 100 calories for just cruising at an easy pace on a bike for 30 minutes. But one thing you dont want to do is keep working those muscles out. If youre in pain. take a break. I injured one of my tendons in my left forearm about 6 months ago. I was stupid and kept lifting and it ended up gettin worse. I couldnt lift with certain exercises for 4 months. So let your body heal.

While youre healing, focus on the rest of youre body. ( abs, triceps, biceps, forearms, back, etc..)

11. Yo i think you can help me out the most.. I'm 5 6 and 125lbs.. i try to go to the gym but i simply hate working out.. i'd rather play sports but I can't get bigger with sports... I tried for a month using a supplement to gain weight and then go to the gym to get bigger but the supplement just put the weight into my stomach and i looked wierd.. Due to my fast metabolism i lost that weight pretty quickly by just playing random sports around at college.... I play soccer and racketball and basketball. I play one of those twice or three times a week for about an hour. I'm obviously a skinny kid and like to become generally thicker and stronger. What was your diet and gym routine. (i have trouble finding a good routine for myself)? Any other advice will be well appreciated. Thanks

12. #32 SuburbSmoker420, Jul 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2009
    Hey man i'm 5'11" at 120lbs. Pretty skinny. Just lookin to bulk up a little bit. Get some muscle just so I don't look like the ordinary extremely skinny kid.. I don't have access to a gym at the moment but I do have a couple weight sets. Also, I would like to know what I should be eating.

Hope you can help.

Thanks man

Edit: By the way I hurt my knee and my back a little while ago so I can still do cardio but running every day is pretty much out of the question..:(

13. Nice thread man, im 18 yrs old 5'8 and 115 lbs. I want to gain some weight, preferably lean muscle mass. What would be the most effective way to go about doing this? Any diets in mind, nutrition products, workout routines, anything.

Msg me if you can brotha.

14. This thread has my head shaking.

15. heyyyy! I'm 5'1 and 120 pounds!
    i started watching what i ate and stopped with all the sugars and started working out everyday except sunday!
    this lasted for a week until i fell back and ate like 10 cookies!
    its not that i think im fat i just want to tone upp!
    addviccceee?:)

16. A few quick tips: Dont eat or workout up to 2 hours before bed.
    Always do cardio after working out. ( Doing it before increases body fat)[/QUOTE]

how come running before working out ads body fat?

17. Just start liftin some weights. start off easy so your body gets used to it and fight the cookies man! they just will set you back:p

18. I also hated working out in the begininng. Maybe you should try a pre-workout supplement such as N.O. Xplode. It pumps you up and makes you WANT TO lift!!! I swear, youll love it.

for my routine.. I would go to the gym everyday. one day I will focus on abs, triceps, and chest. the next day I will do biceps, back, and legs. each gym visit I usually spend 45 min to 1 hour. I also use a protein powder afterwards so i can build muscle and repair my muscles I just worked out.

19. Well if you want to bulk up I dont suggest alot of running anyways, But im guessing you have some freeweights at your house or something? If you do, you can do pretty much everything. (heres a link that will help you out alot)

Google Image Result for http://content.revolutionhealth.com/contentimages/nr551594.jpg

For what you want to eat. Focus on high protein foods with low fat, so burgers, chicken fingers are high in protein but soo shitty for you. stay awayyy from fast food.

you want, chicken, turkey, steak, veggies, fruit, pasta etc, and ALOT OF IT!