Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

If Hemp is High in CBD - why aren't we using hemp?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by mrsoft47, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Here is the link to Project CBD they can explain it better than I.

ProjectCBD

Click on the "Science" tab, watch the video and listen to what the Good Dr. has to say. He has been studying it longer than any of us.

Most people don't like pure CBD any better than pure THC. I think he says it causes depression but It has been a while since I watched the video & my memories are frequently flawed. In the USA both are available pure more or less in pill form. Most of us get our best relief when we get some of each in our dose. Some people like more CBD than THC others like it better the other way round but they seem to work best when they are allowed to work together. What we really need is a home test kit so we can blend the two together intelligently to meet our individual needs.

2. Sorry bro, that's just not correct. CBD concentration is not limited to indicas, nor does it cause 'couch lock'. You may be thinking of CBN, the cannabinoid produced when THC breaks down, e.g. trichs that start to loose their heads, and/or turn brown.

3. Just want to add a few things to this thread: someone was asking about CBD high strains. Although there are not many available at the moment, that is rapidly changing as more and more people look for these medical wonders - myself included. I do have a list (somewhere!) of these strains, ask and I will dig it up for you. Of the current 'regular' strains having a higher concentration than most, White Widow is one of the best. Problem is, there are so many different 'real' WWs, it's a crap shoot. Northern Lights isn't bad as well.

Someone mentioned Strawberry cough - supposed to be one of the higher CBD strains generally available at 0.25% - sounds pathetic, doesn't it ?!

Compare that to Cannatonic, which has close to 50%, and the difference is outstanding!
    Just heard that a Japanese firm has produced something with virtually 100% CBD, aka trace THC. To a medical user, this could be the silver bullet we're looking for.

thanks for reading

4. Hemp is by definition any cannabis plant that has more CBD than THC, although for legal purposes, the THC usually has to be less than 0.3%. There are strains that have CBD over 10%, and some that the leaves alone have 4% - this would allow multiple harvests per year since the plants don't have to flower in order to get a decent amount of CBD (by extraction). Since hemp cultivation is legal in many places, many people are looking at mass production using various extraction techniques.

High CBD strains are hard to come by at most dispensaries since it doesn't sell very well.

5. BINGO! At last someone who knows what they are talking about! Hemp may have more CBD than THC, yet it is still pityfully low in both.

6. Someone on another forum tested a strain of hemp and it came out as 3.93%

4% is noted as being a high amount of CBD. So I guess until a heap of differen't hemp strains are tested then people can't really go making these claims. These are the type of claims that halt progress!

7. Sometimes I smoke some hemp rope and I trip balls.

8. Whew, I thought I was alone with that :eek:

9. CBD from hemp is legal and available (for a price). Dixie Botanicals has a hemp CBD tincture I've been using it for several months now and it's helped with my anxiety.

10. I just looked into that.. is it really legal? I was under the impression CBD was treated just like THC. Would you say it's effective and the results are noticeable?

11. I use it every day (a dropper full) and sometimes as much as 5x a day. It's totally given me my emotional balance back.

The tincture is from Hemp, not marijuana and they are selling it as a "dietary supplement". I get my hemp oil in a red white and blue US postal box. It comes every month, just like clockwork.

12. Granny
    Do you know if letting a plant ripen to mostly amber trichomes will increase the lvls of CBD as opposed to THC content?
    Thks much as always

13. Yeah I read that sativa has higher thc and indica has higher cbd.

14. i have MS can someone tell me what is a good strain for me, also where can i get hemp seeds with cbd ? have many health problems been smoking street shi.. to long, have switched to medical but don't know strains also its illegal here in Florida for now but won't stop me :hello:

15. Super lemon haze is a great one (GreenHouse Seeds)

16. thank you so much, any thing you may think would be good for me please keep me informed. William

• Like Like x 1
  17. #40 STIGGY, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2013
    William
    Try to post in the open forum, and ask question there
    you will get more answers if you ask your question for all to see.
    There are some many strains you need to narrow down what works for you and refine it from there.
    The rope joke was ment for this thread not as a response to your question.

Check out this hyperlink http://www.rollitup.org/medicating/325652-best-strains-m-s-2.html

• Like Like x 1