Outdoor Marijuana Grow - When to Flower??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by TSoaDK, Jul 21, 2009.

1. I have a few plants spread out and they are looking nice. I did this more as an experiment hoping to get a small yield to enjoy.

I would say the plants are about 2 months old but they are continuing to grow like crazy and I want to get them as big as possible before I bud them but I do not want them to start too late and get caught with some early frost and be forced to harvest before the buds are mature.

When would be a good time, in michigan, to start flowering these plants??

2. Also...what would be a good way to get the plants to start flowering?

3. I assume that they have been indoors? Seeing as how weve passed the summer solstice in this region, if you put them outside it would be like 2 weeks after they go outside youll start to see your ladie's naughty parts. However they should start flowering just by being outside. The days get progressively shorter by minutes everyday and the plants will scene that change and freak the fuck out because winter is coming. If you want to force flower immediately outdoors you could try covering them but that might look awkward especially if they are outside. Im from Ohio but our tempature patterns are similar. I wouldn't worry about frost till octoberish, but its still a good idea to keep an eye on the forecast to watch for storms dry spells and frost.
    If you have a good spot picked out then I for one would get them outside Asap. You want the bud to fully mature. I had an outdoor grow and they dnt mature untill mid october.
    Goodluck!

4. They've been outdoors all season.

I am guessing around 2 months old, maybe more and maybe less.

I laid down the plants when they were small but because the ants kept eating the leafs on the ground I started to let them grow so there is a HUGE, THICK stem about a foot long laying on the ground with my plants curving up about 2 feet high.

So I should just let them naturally keep growing as they are and wait for them to bud on their own?

These aren't in the best spot so we were laying them down to be low key so I don't want them to get 6 feet tall so maybe I should lay them down again what has grown.

5. Yes, unless you want to completely cover your plants to give them at least 12 hours of dark, you have to wait for the sun and moon to do that for you. ;)

6. He's right. your plants will start to flower soon enough, hell its only July. since theyve been outside the light change is gradual and they wont start to switch to flower until the day light is much shorter.

What kind of plants are they? Indica or sativas? That will determine when they will start to react.(not exact date wise, but in a timeline manner.)