Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why you need to have your medical records and a real existing qualifying condition!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by WildWill, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lol @ you. The system is always gonna get pimped all day err day nig

2. I don't think empathy is the word you are looking for.

You seem to hate people who have no concept of how entitled you feel yourself to be. I believe that's called 'selfish', not empathetic.

But the fault of the system, is not any one person's fault.

The system was designed to fail, by people who want nothing more than to cause it's failure. This system was set up as a joke, in hopes that it would crash and burn. The fact that it works as well as it has been working, is very troubling to the powers that be, and their efforts to strike it down are always ongoing.

They are down to discrediting the profit motive that drives any free market, as their last arrow in a quiver of nerf-darts they have bombed the system with.

Do the cops send 4 or 5 fake patients a day into Pain Management clinics, seeking opiates? Perhaps they do, but it doesn't stop anything there either.

I will tell you that drug seekers are just as common at these clinics, and the drugs they seek are more hardcore.

Pain management clinics are the opioid equivalency to a cannabis club.

And for every cannabis doc getting rich, there are probably 10 doctors getting rich handing out Oxycontins, and their patients are getting hooked at record speed.

QFT. Excellent advice when seeking ANY type of medical care.

To paraphrase Stevie Wonder...

We will keep on trying, until we reach the Higher Ground!

3. #23 phire420, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2009
    Someone seems a little defensive over people who are giving MMJ a bad name :rolleyes:

You, and others who are offended by 'this Woodwill character' don't have a real grasp about the conflict here. I understand Wildwill's post was a little long, so I'll offer a little recap. Plain and simple, we're not here to bug people out of getting their card. Having your MMJ rec isn't some exalted position reserved for the few, it's for people that really need it and should'nt be required to look on the streets to get it. It's not about 'being a nuisance' or 'complaining', it's about keeping MMJ for the people that need it and getting it to those that need it more. One of the main, widely understood drawbacks of MMJ is that there are many illegal doctors out there writing the recs. Everyone knows this, the kids know this and take advantage of it, the law enforcement knows it and they are mounting cases in order to get these doctors out.

THE POINT IS, the more you support these illegal doctors, the more unlikely MMJ will be considered a success hence, the more unlikely non-mmj states will receive it. If your perfectly healthy and want your rec, for the love of God, don't go to an illegal doctor. Find ANYTHING on your medical history that is legitimate, seriously. Go to an illegal doctor and chances are that they are going to be closing practice before your renewal as well as not even having your properly on file given you have to go to court for MJ.

4. Simple awnser,

Donty be a fuckin idiot and get busted with over a oz

5. #25 The Mole Master, Jul 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2009
    Am I the only one that feels the writers of prop 215 wanted these rec's easily attainable? The way I see it, the rest of the States are going to have a hard time getting mmj laws in place no matter what. It didn't happen over night in CA. And if these States ever do get mmj laws I'm positive it would be nothing like CA in terms ease and availability. So some of these people complaining about gaming the system are going to be put in the very same position as those gaming the system. Because your insomnia, anxiety, depression etc. wont qualify for mmj in these other States.

BTW, I am confident that the voters in CA will pass the 2010 initiative to legalize mj, so you wont have to worry about this much longer.

6. After the utter failure of the California voters to even grasp the simple discrimination of Proposition 8, and voting in Arnold as governator not once, but twice, I don't hold the same. In fact, I can pretty much guarantee that the initiative will fail.

But I'll be voting for it.

7. Well I guess I would have no problem getting a card if I lived in a MMJ state. I have been treated for anxiety for almost 15 years... Xanax, Lexapro, Buspar don't hold a fucking candle to Strawberry Cough.

8. If it was put to a vote on a national level, it would pass by a landslide. But in the government's eyes, the problem is that for YEARS they have dumped BILLIONS of dollars into buying helicopters, k-9 dogs, heat detectors, training the douchebag cops who get hard thinking about putting people away for growing medicine, ect and they have been saying how evil marijuana is so they will never just up and say "Well folks, we were wrong about pot killing brain cells and making people crazy and violent. It's all good, you can have your grass." When has America been dead wrong about the way they went about doing something? Well, it depends who you ask. Most people feel that the Vietnam War, Cold War, and the "War on Drugs" were all handled VERY poorly by the government but has the government ever acknowledged that they were ever wrong? Fuck no, and they never will. That is the problem with America. We do it wrong because we have always done it wrong. Not enough power is in OUR hands. The State of California allows their residents to vote on key issues like MMJ and gay marriage and it seems to work for them. I know several people who live in CA and they are the happiest people I know. Freedom can't be that bad can it?

9. I agree with you 100%, how ever, this will always happen. You're arguing with the mere fact that theirs corrupt people in every shelf of wealth. As long as doctors can get rich off doing it, there will always be a couple trying to do it.

It's YOUR job to report these doctors, not sit on a forum and discuss it.

How ever, it's easier to stop kids that are abusing this by selling their medicine if dispensaries do their job. I'm sure it's not just my dispensary that has a warning on their site/door saying they have the right to refuse service to any member at any time.

10. Well after seeing the Zogby poll with 56% registered voters in favor I have pretty high hopes for CA. Not to mention the countless kids that are "too cool to vote" would be flying down to cast their ballot in favor of the bill.

Andrew256: The people of CA are voting on this it has nothing to do with Federal law. Also the American Gov't has been wrong about plenty of things and apologized for many too. Think slavery. Racism as well, while it was very prevalent in gov't officials back in the day it is not today, at least publicly.

11. It's been a few days, I'm going to bump this up.

12. Thank you fro your incite. I agree that this is important information.

13. This deserves to be stickied.
    Please? *wibbles*

14. Oh the irony.

Says the guy who cant even empathize with people who need mmj.

15. I thank you all personally for your support. Hopefully with the sheer amount of information that's out there now, and a few motivated individuals we'll all be able to continue getting MMJ under Prop 215 and SB 420 for as long as it takes to get fully legalized.

16. Thanks Will.

I wish Texas was closer to getting MMJ, but sadly we'll probably be last ones to join in. :(

17. Bump - it was on page 3

18. #38 medpotcrisis, Jul 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2009
    Just wanted to give an update - 'Dr' Jimenez is no longer a doctor. Though somehow ASA still thought him qualified to be a "Medical Advisor" in an attempt to save him some face.

Though the Osteopathic Medical Board doesn't make its rulings directly accessible on the web (like, say the regular Medical Board does...) it is a public document that is available to the public for a copying & postage fee.

The ruling on the Jimenez case has been scanned and posted online... (it's also been highlighted in a few areas, perhaps you may find these notations helpful...)

check out:

http://MedPotCrisis.com

JimenezRuling.pdf

for the PDF file.

19. That was a very interesting read. All the shady doctors out there should take lessons from Jimenez' mistakes and start giving THOROUGH examinations and following through with their recommendations.

You also learn something - I was unaware of the "informed consent" clause of MMJ laws which state that an MMJ patient MUST inform their primary care physician of their MMJ status - interesting.

Since I've done that already. My GP doesn't really care, as long as I'm still healthy and hale. He wouldn't do the recommending himself, but he doesn't see the harm in my being a patient.

It's not like when I go see him I'm drug seeking. Last time I was there though I had a sore throat that wouldn't go away. He didn't see anything out of the ordinary, but she said "well, you came here to get something, and while I don't see anything extraordinary, let's try some anti-biotics" and gave me zithromax (I think) for my sore throat. It cleared up in a few days.

I stopped smoking MMJ during that time period, and only used the vape, and my tincture, and also a honey infused with THC in a berry infusion drink, which made my throat MUCH better, but only on a temporary basis. Turns out I had a mild infection which the antibiotics cleared right up. I don't take AB drugs very often, I hate them to be honest, but this one worked well.

20. #40 dankstagof, Jul 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2009
    i think some people are reading your posts, and then figure that you don't give a shit about their rights either. to be completely honest, people with these ailments could use over the counter drugs to cure their pains, but they like MMJ because they get high while taking care of their problems. i know i'm going to be getting a medical card soon, and i have a history of migraines and back pains, which in turn spur my insomnia. do i need a medical card? well if by need you mean i dont want to have to deal with flaky dealers, then yes, i need a MMJ card. do i need weed to help cure my headaches? not really, although smoking soothes my headaches far faster than advil.

the point is, regardless of being MMJ patients or not, we all like to get high, so in that sense, we are all fighting the same battle. we all want it to be legalized, but it's not happening any time soon, so for now the only people who are "protected" are the people who are "medicating", and that just isn't fair to the rest of us. hence why we want a MMJ card by any means necessary. just because you have an excuse to get out of trouble, doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to use that loophole to our advantage.

and also, please stop saying that you smoke medical marijuana. it's weed, and most of us have access to the same quality shit in the streets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.