Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can someone tell me why marijuana is called pot?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ihatemyusername, Jul 13, 2009.

1. [quote name='"BearKush"']So I have to be that guy who says its grown in a pot hence "pot"[/quote]

Lol do I have to be the one to tell you to read the first few posts of the thread

2. 1st post. tried creating a thread to ask some questions but maybe I have to post a certain amount before I can. Recent grad and working in physical therapy, working in an outpatient setting working 3 twelve hr shifts- 12 days/mo! No DT upon hiring as it's such a small company & doubt they DT randomly. I used to toke so much in HS into my mid 20's ~ 30yo now. Moving to Colorado in 1-2 years which was decided before legalization- hope feds don't squash it. I haven't smoked in YEARS due to deciding I had to submit to "the man" and make a living. I want it again, miss it. Cannabis has changed so much since I put it down for a while (knowing I'd be back) so I have questions about cultivating my own. I've read some things on here and watch youtube videos so here are a couple:

Autoflowering: Are they all ruderalis plants and if so do they get you high? It looks as though there are hybrids that grows the same way but higher potency? Yes or no? Can grow easily outdoors like ruderalis or is 100% ruderalis only one that isn't light dependent?

What about the other strains, has man just created such a sensitive plant it won't flower outdoors very well? Or maybe it will but it just won't achieve those huge buds?
    I just feel like if it remains legal in Colorado I want to grow some out back in my yard without needing all the lights and stuff, maybe in pots where I could bring them in at certain times of day.

Kudos to who answers my questions, sorry for hijacking your thread but like I said I couldn't create one. Thanks.

3. [quote name='"oahucowboy94"']1st post. tried creating a thread to ask some questions but maybe I have to post a certain amount before I can. Recent grad and working in physical therapy, working in an outpatient setting working 3 twelve hr shifts- 12 days/mo! No DT upon hiring as it's such a small company & doubt they DT randomly. I used to toke so much in HS into my mid 20's ~ 30yo now. Moving to Colorado in 1-2 years which was decided before legalization- hope feds don't squash it. I haven't smoked in YEARS due to deciding I had to submit to "the man" and make a living. I want it again, miss it. Cannabis has changed so much since I put it down for a while (knowing I'd be back) so I have questions about cultivating my own. I've read some things on here and watch youtube videos so here are a couple:

Autoflowering: Are they all ruderalis plants and if so do they get you high? It looks as though there are hybrids that grows the same way but higher potency? Yes or no? Can grow easily outdoors like ruderalis or is 100% ruderalis only one that isn't light dependent?

What about the other strains, has man just created such a sensitive plant it won't flower outdoors very well? Or maybe it will but it just won't achieve those huge buds?
    I just feel like if it remains legal in Colorado I want to grow some out back in my yard without needing all the lights and stuff, maybe in pots where I could bring them in at certain times of day.

Kudos to who answers my questions, sorry for hijacking your thread but like I said I couldn't create one. Thanks.[/quote]

Autoflowers have ruderalis bred into them but are back bred with other strains so it has a higher thc%

Colorado outdoor growing is interesting... our mountains cause us to have less sunlight... and our cold season can start as early as october well, northern co atleast lol

4. You'll be better off growing indoors to be honest especially in colorado haha. But SIRSOG already answered your other questions I just wanted to say growing outside in that environment when you'll legally be able to do it indoors wouldn't be the best idea if you want dank buds plus you can grow them all year round.

5. Better yield indoors as well

7. Pot. Uh, I don't think that there is "any" "mexican" anything about this slang word from across the sea. There were "never" any "Mexicans" until the "Spanish" bred with the locals on this continent. "Mexican" isn't even a real word due to the fact it came from the "Spanish" from across the seas. No one has ever said "Pot" was from a Central or South American language.
    Regardless of 'where' the term originated is acutally not relavent here. I love to smoke what the hell ever you wish to call this fantastic plant!!! If the word came from "Mars" wouldn't matter to me. :)
    I am just another 420 kinda guy! Peace & Love...lots of great smoke every day!!!

8. Have a 420 day! Peace

Dude, dude, dude ... straight from Wikipedia: The name of Mexico dates back to 14th century Mesoamerica. Mexico was named after its capital, Mexico City, whose original name was Mexico-Tenochtitlan, in reference to the name of the Nahua Aztec tribe, the Mexica.

Point #2: Mexico is a North American country.

10. Sorry man, hell, "I" never knew that... Besides all that, I am really looking forward toward 420 today! Peace!

11. Umm....can't say I've ever heard someone refer to a toilet as a "pot" lol