Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Cananbis FOR Anxiety, Indica or Sativa

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by weedidas, Jul 10, 2009.

1. #21 SovietRed, Aug 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2009
    Maybe i'm different than a lot of people but when i'm feeling stressed about some shit i love to get a great head high. I find that i laugh more and tend to feel a lot better afterwords about my situation. I guess what i'm trying to say is that a sativa puts me in a better mood. Things of serious nature are put into perspective a lot better for me as well.

2. I just want to point out you show some signs of OCD. Having fears of all those things tie together a lot. Others have brought up great points.

3. if a person suffers from anxiety, they should ask their doctors about SSRI's such as fluxeotine. SSRI's have insignificant side effects, and are beneficial in several ways. If a person were to take an SSRI recreationally, not originally needing it (no anxiety or depression) it wouldn't do anything.

they take several weeks to start working, although days for some people.

they will greatly improve your high, and your sober life.

• Disagree Disagree x 1

4. im sorry but
    fuck ssri's..

brain zaps, terrible withdrawals, increased suicidal thoughts, ect.
    are all common side effects from many ssri's that i myself have experienced.

makes me want to slap my quack ass doctor for even prescribing them without even knowing what was wrong with me.

5. Agreed, i have found IMO that either one works for me. Im no expert but i think this could result from the possibility that ive only smoked blends or maybe im just lucky. I haven't found weed to ever give me anxiety which is good cause i already have plenty. Im diagnosed as having severe anxiety, anyone else in the same boat? I just got diagnosed recently and any tips and advice is greatly welcomed!

Cheers guys and gals!

6. The reason I decided to get a medical marijuana recommendation was that SSRIs did not work for me- I had to switch medications several times because of undesirable side-effects including:

- Tremors, seizures
    - Hallucinations
    - Paranoia, panic attacks
    - Increased suicidal thoughts
    - Completely diminished libido
    - Inability to sleep, nightmares
    - Inability to stay awake
    - Severe withdrawal

Depending on the pill brand I was trying, I would have to take a stimulant or sleeping pill in addition to the SSRI I was on depending on which sleep-related side-effect it induced in me.

I do not, have never and will never recommend SSRIs to anyone. Yes, they work for some people, but they ARE habit forming and there are many possible serious side-effects that IMO outweigh the benefits of the medication by far. SSRIs did not enable me to be happy, they only numbed me to the pain and despair I was living with- at the cost of any happiness I may have felt, in addition to the terrible side-effects.

I finally permanently took myself off of SSRIs when I was 18, I've been off of them for almost four years now, and I will never take them agian. I'm much better off without them, as are many people who are taking them when they shouldn't be.

Marijuana works better than any SSRI and is SAFE.

7. Hi hon, thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. Part of the problem with cannabis is that pure THC can cause panic attacks. Some British reporter had herself injected with pure THC and promptly went into a panic attack. Marinol (a pure synthetic THC) has been shown to have similar problems.

We have been breeding for higher and higher THC levels, simply because we like the high and it is easy to breed for. The problem with this is that we have bred out the CBD, which "balances" the THC's effects. CBD does not get you high and its noticeable effects are minimal, BUT it does get rid of those THC anxiety problems. It is also very useful medically. We need to breed the CBD back into our cannabis for the best effect- even if it doesn't get folks high.

Granny

8. That's why I stick with pure Indicas when I'm using it for medication. There are still some good strong Indicas with a broad cannabinoid profile.

9. Indica's fosure 80/20 hybrid

Get me some Cheese or Train and i will not be scared of nothing, Well Cops but nothing could get me that high.

-BH

10. I use landrace Hindu Kush and Afghani Hash Plant for pain relief mostly.

11. i would say a nice sativa/indica hybrid.. deffinitly sativa dominant though, tachycardia used to cripple me but now that im vaporizing that has cease to be and i can take advantage of the full medicinal value of these wonderful types.

12. Im sorry but WHAT THE FUCK. Have you ever seriously taken any form of SSRI's. I can tell you havent you sound like a fucking doctor. I was forced to take Lexapro for a month. Out of all the SSRI's Lexapro has the least amount of side-effects and yet everyday I suffered an anxiety attack. Everyday horrible nauseau and a horrible headache/migrane. Vertigo, Weight Gain, Dry mouth. Fucking had mood swings every day. Some days I was so depressed my back and neck hurt. Other days I broke my parents 600 dollar TV by chucking a Baseball bat through. Some days SEVERE social anxiety. Half the time I couldn't get a full nights sleep because I was waking up all the time in the middle of the night to take a piss or get a drink or get something to eat or whatever. All day i had the feeling I was going to die. The stress just mounted and mounted and the worst part was the insane anger I felt. The only way I thought of relieveing it was to smoke weed but when I did I threw up several times. Just pissed in the morning and all the way through. I had thoughts of suicide everyday but before lexapro I NEVER thought of suicide. God I hate anti-depresant so much. They just fucking reprogram you goddamn brain so that you can never feel unhappy.

/rant

13. SSRIs work differently on each person. I've been on Lexapro for several years, and I find that it evens me out, and makes me able to cope with other people. Your mileage with SSRIs WILL vary.

To get to Lexapro I went through Effexor, which I didn't like after awhile, and while I've been on Lexapro I tried to switch to Celexa, but I dind't like that either.

They don't work the same way for everyone.

14. I have panic disorder and GAD. My anxiety levels rise when it comes to social situations or my health for the most part. I feel that Indica domenent hybrids work good for my anxiety. You feel relaxed and get a little of the body high but not totally out of it aka couch lock. So you kind of get the best of both worlds. It also depends on the setting while toking up. You need to have a relaxed state of mind when smoking because somtimes if I smoke and I am in a shifty situation. I switch to panic mode and it fucks my high up and I swear to never smoke again but I do anyway hehe ;] Just relax and do some trial and error. eventually you will find what works for you!

15. Weed gave you anxiety? Are you sure it wasn't the consequences (parents, police, or spouse) of possessing weed that made you anxious?

16. i had anxiety so bad I couldn't function, and I could barely sit through class. i had to quit smoking because weed just made it worse. It was never mental with me, it was always physical symptoms.
    I've been on Zoloft for 4 months now and I feel 100% back to normal AND I can smoke again. I stick to Indica strains, i don't like the heart pounding sensation that the sativas give me.

17. Yes, I have noticed that sativas are much more likely to cause paranoia than indica. Indica highs last longer too if im not mistaken (or maybe its that you cant tell since indica's make you more tired and you feel tired after being high anyway)

18. I guess I'm on the minority side- I recently have tried more sativa heavy hybrids and find them to be a much brighter, clearer (more clear), head high that allows me to maintain motivation and do what I need to do. I find that my thoughts are more clear and easy to grasp and follow than after smoking an indica heaving blend. All pot makes me more chatty but I think indicas tend to open a lid I can't normally close.
    So I vote for sativa-heavy blend- I haven't had any full sativas to my knowledge.

Sidenote: I do like indicas A LOT for my back pain and when hanging out with people i already know, just chilling.

19. I prefer Indica, just make a change to the set and setting. Don't smoke it when you're feeling your worst, smoke it when you're in a relatively good mood, also smoke it at home and then lay down for a bit so you have nothing to worry about. You'll see the difference it makes.

If you need to be moving about and going somewhere when you're high then go with a Sativa based strain instead.

Hope this helps :)

20. Indicas have a broader spectrum of cannabinoids other than Delta-9 THC, and those other cannabinoids make the high less 'anxious' for most people.