Simple Harvest and Cure (Step By Step)

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Rumpleforeskin, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Post 16. I just opened and checked. Might take time to load?

2. Amazing thread , i realised i make couple mistakes during my harvesting

1. I didn't let them dry the initial 3 days before manicuring them
    2. I didn't use a gloves , hands are turning into nasty state :D

3. Just wanted to let you know that I didn't like sticky hands either. Found out that my wife had some coconut grease/oil. Rub it on the hands before washing when done trimming. Helps pull it all loose from skin and nails. It all disappears!

4. #1605 Lizard King, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2015

I personally choose to wipe my hands slowly so i can smoke the charas [​IMG]

5. And I'd think alot of dead skin cells. Ha. ^

6. I wear latex gloves then put them in the freezer. I change them out when they get too sticky. Then after they are frozen its easy to peal the sticky off to smoke.

• Like Like x 2
  7. If anyone can help me out with this I'd be gratefull.
    So 2015 I did my first grow outdoors with some bag seeds everything turned out fine untill harvest. I harvested it early october because of mold and bug problems, I can't really look at the trichomes as I dont have the equipment. So the buds that I smoked didnt have any effect on me or anyone else that I gave it to. So I would like to know if the seeds are bad or did I harvest the plant too soon?

Attached Files:

8. I'm no expert, but I'd guess way too early.

9. Sorry to hear about the bad harvest. The lack of potency can be like you said, harvesting too early, but it can also be genetics.

10. Don't know if it'd help, but let it cure for awhile and see if changes.

11. Potency won't change.

Sorry

12. Hello fella smokers.First of all I totally got to say that this guide is awesome.I am a newbie grower this is my first time and I think I did pretty well with my stuff.I want some answers about harvest. So let me start . I grow a super skunk seed . I started with 1 month veg and I am at the flower stage right now, about a month. I had a problem with the heat .On top of the flowers the temp was 35 Celsius ( I know it's so bad)so I burned them a bit but I covered 1 week later. The damage is not tha big if we consider that they could of been dead! Now the top flowers growing faster than the lower stage ones because of light . I will start to harvest my top ones then I'll continue with the lower ones if it's not bad for the plant (I have read some articles and there is no problem with that but I would also love to hear your opinion. Let's get back to the temperature info. Now my temp is 29-30Celsius on the top of the plants while the "door" of the growbox is a bit opened without light acess I think it's ok I got an hps lamp 400w btw. Next , when trimming I have to leave the leaves with crystals on it or clean them up?Second ,when I put my weed in the bags to dry for 1-2 days do I have so move them inside or just let them 2 days without touching them? Last question is about the yield I can get from 5 plants considering the stress they passed with the light burn.

13. No one can answer the yield question. could be one gram or one pound. But I do understand why it is asked. You will just have to wait and see.

You won't see much or any growth or change when your plant is at peak harvest, So if you harvest the tops, the bottoms will not change much, just start to degrade past the potential. But I know a few folks who do it and it seems to make them feel good for doing it. I would rather put my time into the next grow cycle and not waste it on a few lower buds.

The heat thing... I think you know you have a heat issue. If you plan on growing for more then one cycle, you should dial in that heat problem. Increase the air exchange and the problem will be solved. cracking the door and other half-methods will just take away from your potential. Get a nice 8" inline fan to remove all heat from the room. Make sure to have at least two 6" holes at the base of the grow room. You could make due with a 6" fan, but I want you to overkill this issue.

Best of luck,
    R.

14. @Heyho the issues you face seem not to related this thread. When you plan your grow room , make sure to calculate the actual light you are going to have and have decent fans to handle all the hear.

I have 2 x 600 HPS and 2 Led in my tent there for i have 2 different air pumps that pump the hot air outside when lights are turned on. Otherwise the buds will never grow enough.

15. i already have the air cycling .The air is making cirles in-out-in-out.Nvm I'll post you the result i think its going perfect right now

16. ok ti looks i am fine with the temp part.I am still having the "door" open and gettin 29 celcious

17. Rump,
    I may be crazy but the effects seem to change. I have bud curing for almost 2 years. After about 2 months of curing it was very racy. Last week popped open a jar and I swear it was much more mellow and chill of a buzz. It went from a back up to a main smoke. Red Poison.

Sent from my VK815 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Very racy was likely harvested a bit early with an incomplete THC-CBD profile..
    As it's aged it's profile is changing again as more THC degrades to lesser compounds like CBN..
    BNW