Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BIC Lighters or Matches?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by J.R.R. Tokin, Jul 8, 2009.

1. as long as I have some way of lighting up I couldn't give a FUCK!

:smoking:

2. #22 super-iD, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2009
  3. to me it really doesnt matter one or the other. lighters are definitely more convenient especially when you're on the go, also the best way to light a bong, but there's nothing wrong with striking a match to light my sherlock holmes style briar pipe or a joint, either.

4. I definitely prefer matches, but a bic is never a bad option in my book. I refuse, however, to use a zippo. All you get is the horrid light fluid taste, etc, just not worth it. If you get a box of the long, wooden matches from the grocery store (only like a dollar and there's a ton of matches) the match will last forever cause you can re light it with a lighter. Seems like a hassle, but it's not and it's enjoyable. Corners as well as a lighter, and with truly heady bud, you get to taste bud much more.

5. I'm almost always outside when I'm smoking and there's almost always wind or my impatience getting in the way of matches, so Bics are a definite winner.
    Blunts are nice with a match though...

6. really why not just use a bic like whats the point of thaking so much time to light some pot

7. beeline please!
    google beeline or bee line hawaii or any of the sorts.

8. with matches it taste better
    BIC taste like shit str8 up fume taste with a slight hint of bud
    get some beeline

but it all depends on wat you wanna use.

9. Why the hell didn't I think of that. Wrap some beeline around my light. You guys kick ass!

10. i always use bics cause theyre reliable and the flame is the perfect size. although i might go buy some of the shitty adjustable ones cause i just got a bong with really deep turbo bowl and it would be nice if i had a bit mo flame. i havent used matches and i dont plan to unless it is absolutely my last resort and even then i would just light a wooden skewer (sp*?) on fire so i wouldnt have to keep on lighting matches. and i hate zippos bc of the smell/taste of lighter fluid+too big of a flame/awkward to handle

11. I've honestly never used a match to light my grass. I almost always have a BIC with me though.... so i just use that. Maybe later today ill try using a match

12. the person i smoke with all the fucking time who i just happen to be living with posted right above this one so i never have lit any bud with a match but we will fo sho try that next time

13. I'd look for embers in a fire before I look for matches haha. Hands down Bic lighters.

14. if you take a hit off of the sulpher lighting on the match, you'll get an even worse taste than with a lighter. matches are a last resort for me but I always try and just start a bowl with the lighter and let it ignite itself.

15. I hate matches cause I always burn my finger... but then again I still burn my fingers with lighters too lol.

I swear by BIC lighters but I have a million and one cheapo dollar store lighters layin around and they always suck! BIC has the biggest and strongest flame :)

16. If we have matches we use them but no one buys them ever so it never really happens.

I cant hold on to a bic lighter for longer than a day though

17. dont think ive used a match ever to light anything other than maybe a candle - love my bic lighter collection :D

18. If your looking to ruin a bowl a good ole strike anywhere match does the job. I would never use a strike anywhere match. Book matches are alright but a bic for sure is the easiest and cleaner way to go.