Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

BIC Lighters or Matches?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by J.R.R. Tokin, Jul 8, 2009.

1. I for one think lighting a fat joint with a freshly struck match is as classy as it gets when it comes smoking my favorite plant, but a lot of my buds think using a BIC is the norm for weed smoking. What's your opinion on this issue?

2. Using matches is better for health and tasting weed, but BICs are easy, fast, more portable, last longer, and are easier to aim. So BICs win.

3. Honestly, fuck matches. Just get a BIC.

4. I always use beeline. I always have a lighter on me that has beeline wrapped around it.

5. Dude. Fuck matches. Use a lighter I use a zippo lighter man its the shit.
    I would only use matches if iv got only 1 gram of an all exclusive 1 time only super fancy bud so I get the most out of it but even if its just G13 id use a lighter dude I couldnt really imagine me useing matches for anything less than the most incredible weed ever and if I'll only be able to smoke it once.

6. Never lit my joints with a match.

7. Get some beeline dude.

8. Bic lighters ftw

9. I use matches for joints and blunts solely for that reason, nothing feels better than striking a match for the light.

10. beeline wrapped around a lil bic

11. damn, I dont know if I have ever lit a blunt/joint with a match, that sounds so bad ass

gotta try that

12. If using a match makes you feel cool, go for it. But it isn't any healthier than a lighter, and it's more hassle. And more difficult to corner a bowl.

13. lol i had to use a match to light my bud this morning.. ran out of lighter fluid.. and it does not make the bowl taste any better out of my bong.. if anything it ruined the smell after the match would burn out everytime.. i might have to light a blunt with a match tho.. haha

14. ive taken bong rips with matches.
    thats all we had.
    but usually keep a clicker on me.
    get bee line if anything

15. If smoking a joint why the hell does it matter what you use? Eventually its just the weed lighting the weed.

16. What is beeline and where can I get it?

17. you know the taste of a green hit? thats what every bong toke tastes like if you use matches. Make sure you wait for the sulphur and shit to fully burn off first. for most bowls you only have to light on corner, and the ember will travel across to the other side by just pulling, atleast in my experiance. Lighters are alot easier to use tho.

18. matches suck dick unless ur smoking a joint

19. Man i heard the butane from BICS could hurt your lungs over time because you suck it straight sometimes when lighting a bowl. but who gives a shit! hang ten brother!

20. BIC for pieces, Matches are the best for Js or Blunts. it preserves the taste. but BIC is more popular just cause of the ease of use and availability.