Best Rapper of All Time???

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by livelifegrammed, Jul 3, 2009.

1. big l with out a doubt. anyone who disagrees listen to his lyrics and keep in mind he only made one full album, second was in the process of being made when he was killed

2. WORD MAN.. almost forgot about big L

3. Immortal Technique. But like all things, this is debatable.

Nas, tupac, and many others are up there too.

4. out of the rappers alive today i'd say Andre 3000 and Lupe Fiasco, if not itd definitely be 2pac.

5. Lmfao at Cassidy over Nas.

On a side note, best rock bands of all time:

1. Jonas Brothers
    2. Led Zeppelin

6. #47 CooLBreezE, Jul 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2009
    DYLON,DYLON,DYLON,DYLON and DYLON,CUZ HE SPITS HOT FIYA

[​IMG]

LOL,definitaly not nas or lil lame or eminem for gods sake.Everyone just says that shit cuz they are on the bandwagon.There is no such thing as the best rapper.:wave:

Oh yes-WUUUUUUU TAAAANG but GZA is a fucking beast,nas aint got shit on GZA.Listen to These songs and tell me it aint sick.
    GZA-FAME-Raps using celebs names
    GZA-QUEENS GAMBIT-Raps about a chick using football teams and terms

7. i know lol, like i understand everyone has there own favorites, but wen your talkin in general, the best hip hop artist is not from this decade, believe that lol

8. He's released quite a few mixtapes, and he's been active on the internet (Hip Hop Weekly is straight fire all the way through). He may not have a commercial release, but he'll probably release something with Slaughterhouse soon.

9. yeah slaughterhouse has a cd coming soon.

but still, 10+ years on the scene and not one cd? he must be doing something wrong. shit even soulja boy got a deal.

10. I might as well throw my 2cents in. My favorite rapper is different from the greatest rapper by far and I don't really know how to classify the best. Best could mean a lot of things; Most successful albums, greatest lyrical ability, or how much money hip hop made them.

The rapper who had the most success with albums in my opinion is Tupac. He was the dominating force in hip hop until 1997 and he still continues to make money off album sales to this day.

The greatest lyrical ability is a tough one. In my mind I instantly go to underground because I'm a bit biased for it. Mainstream the rapper with the best lyrical ability in my opinion is DMX. A lot of people don't like his style, but I believe he raps from the heart and that's what hip hop is all about for me. For the underground rapper with the best lyrical ability I would have to say Illmaculate or Deacon the Villain. For groups it would be Hilltop Hoods and Cunninlynguists.

The money category obviously has to go to Jay. I don't really believe all the hype but in my opinion a freestyle is something you come up with on the spot, not something you have been rehearsing in your head for three years prior. He is the most successful rapper ever to live and the blueprint 3 will sell accordingly.

My favorite rapper/group is Hilltop Hoods they are Australian, but they tear the mic up.

11. Lil Wayne. Hes a legend.

12. take 2 balloons of nitrous, pop in blackalicious ... and call me in the morning

13. only 2

1.Biggie Smalls
    2.Mos Def

cant go wrong with these dudes.

14. Mos def is real good. Good choice for no2.

15. Lil Wayne is not a Legend at all. Hes new main stream.
    All the dead artist were the best rappers of all time.
    Even if were talking about main stream, Lil wayne doesn't even qualify.
    Theres the Wu-Tang, The roots, Zion I, The Grouch, Gift of Gab, GzA, Elzhi...etc.
    Underground.

16. this.

17. I dont even understand how lil wayne could come close to nas or pac or biggie. Ill throw my favorites in

In no particular order...

Tupac
    Eazy E
    Brotha Lynch Hung
    Outkast, mainly andre 3000
    Biggie of course
    And who could forget Snoop Dogg

18. Tupac, Biggie, Nas, Eminem, Jay-Z, Lupe, Masta Ace, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, KRS-One, Wu-Tang.

Many more but thats all I coudl think of right now. Cant believe no one has mentions Masta Ace. Listen to the song TAKE A WALK

19. NAS, Eminem, Jay-Z.

Top 3.