Auto kush and blueberry grow report

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by budmann, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Sutzm I dont have BC Grow nuits... but i would always start 1/2 or even 1/4 strength the increase if needs be ;} do you have a cf meter?

2. No and i know its a dumb question but what does a CF meter measure? I just got a PH meter am still waiting on beans from attitudes its been almost a month ha i think my package got lost. I will be starting my own journal as soon as they arrive. Im using a very small space its a night stand gutted out with 3 cfl's and a hydro tank its is 24" probably about 19" after the hydro container. Very stealth.

Thanks for your reply Donkeydickfarma

3. sutzm CF measurement of nutrient strength my friend... In hydroponics, the nutrient content of a solution i.e. how strong it is, is determined by CF or Conductivity Factor. This is because compound nutrients are usually salts and salts increase a solution's ability to conduct electricity. This can also be expressed as EC (Electrical Conductivity) which is 1/10 CF i.e CF 1 = 0.1 EC

i use a chart like the one bellow but your plants will tell you what they need.

Week 1 of Vegetation CF 10-12
    Week 1 of Flowering CF 10-12
    Week 2 of Flowering CF 12-14. The plant stretches and grows fast, trying to get as close to the "sun" as possible as it goes into flower
    Week 3 of Flowering CF 14-16
    Week 4 of Flowering CF 16-18
    Week 5 of Flowering CF 16-18. The plant takes up more P and K as it starts to produce flowers and fruit. This can be added supplementally.
    Week 6 of Flowering CF 12-14. Now major growth has finished, the plant requires a lot less nutrient and far more water as tumescence (swelling) starts
    Week 7 of Flowering CF 10-12
    Week 8 of Flowering Flush

4. Thanks man preciate it!
    so it there a solution to control CF similair to controlling ph with ph up and ph down?

I am ordering a CF meter as we speak

5. yes your nutrients control the level ;o) week nutrients = low CF strong nuits = high CF

so you want to start on cf level 10 ish prob half strength the recommended and increase over time to 16 or 18 depending on strain.

Sorry budman for clogging up your thread... ;o)

sutzm you want to carry on your help on my thread you are welcome http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-grow-journals/indoor-gr...ml#post5124949

6. Yea sorry for cloggin your thread budman i will stop being such a newb now that i understand clearly about CF thanks to donkeydickfarma.

7. Mate your welcome, im sure budman would have said the same thing.. altho is is a bit funny....... looking ;o)

pop into my thread in the link bellow if you need any more help dude ;o)

8. Been lazy, busy, usual excuses, blah.

Dry weights:

Blueberry - 10g total off 2 plants
    Kush - 35g total off 3 plants

However, the blueberry got pot bound as I didn't transplant them early enough. Also, I think that there was damage to all the plants from either thrips, spider mites or both. Bigger pots and more care with respect to pests would have increased yields. Also, they spent the first part of their lives out on the balcony where they got maybe 6 hours of direct sunlight, which at 60 deg North is not that strong.

I f***ed up, broke the golden rule and brought outdoor plants indoors. Now my current grow has a pest problem. NEVER BRING OUTDOOR PLANTS IN. I'm gonna have decreased yields on my current grow and have a hell of a job bleaching down my grow room and equipment after harvest.:mad:

Smoke report:

Blueberry - Very true to original blueberry, have grown blue mystic (Nirvana's blueberry strain) and the flavour is very nice. Great day time smoke, effects are more in the head for me. seems to enhance colours and enhances visual observation of the world around. Won't glue you to the sofa or KO you.:cool:

Kush - Again, surprised at the quality of the flavour and smoke. Thought that with the ruderalis genes, the flavour and effects would be watered down. Not grown kush before and the most I know about the weed I buy is "its green" so hard to compare. Seems to be typical kush/indica/med-high CBD effect. Helps me sleep, which can be problematic for me. :confused:

Summary

Happy with the quality. From my experience, genetics seem to be stable. Flowering takes longer than stated (shock horror!!! a seedbank exaggerating flowering speed? Nooooooo;)) Flavour and effect are true to the descriptions. Does what it says on the tin, so to speak. Yields are tiny, but if you are growing this and expecting big yields then you are a moron, Sir.

My advice, plant into final containers from start and expect a longer than stated flower time, esp if outdoors. I plan on doing a cfl grow somewhere indoors over winter for seed, then a guerilla outdoor grow over next summer. Good for beginners or outdoor grows. Damn expensive seeds though, for the yields.

That's all for this grow, got a blue mystic and blue hash (dinfem blueberry x hashplant) mid flower atm, about to pop a thread open for that.

Good luck growing!

9. my plants have stoped growing. gone yellow and look fucked ;o( im going nome in a strop