Organic nutes and flushing near end of flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bouncyball, Jun 27, 2009.

1. I was thinking down the road in my current grow - which is taking off; journal soon - i'm using Earth Juice for veg and flower. well - i know you're supposed to flush at the end of flowering. most say the last 2 weeks should be plain water

do you still need to flush organics? i thought the whole idea was to flush out the bad tasting chemicals in non-organic.

in my case, isn't all the stuff i'm feeding them naturally broken down by the plant and then absorbed? not just synthetic chemicals?

i'd love to be able to feed the ladies all the way to the end. maybe give 5 days of water only or something.

2. bump - because i don't know everything .. like how to search effectivly enough. :\

3. Well some growers flush, others don't. Some claim flushing makes a difference - other's don't.

Reason for flushing is not to "flush out" bad tasting chemicals, it is to allow the plant to use up what it has stored in the leaves and potentially in the soil as well.

Now whether you are going to flush or not (as you already know 2 weeks prior to harvest) is up to you.

Personally I stop feeding nutes those 2 weeks prior to harvest.

Good luck!

:)

4. i think the only solution is to test it myself. i'm about to put 6 pots in for 12/12 from seed. once i get a female count i'll decide how many to test with flushing and without.

since you say the idea is actualy to let the plant use up all it's stores (which i guess is why i see amazing buds drink the fan leaves yellow as they finish flowering) .. i'll test to see if feeding all the way through effects anything like potency or taste compared to flushing.

guess i'll reply to this once i flush the first pot - if i remember 6-7 weeks from now. haha

5. Well, it's not really necessary. When you use organic nutes, the plant doesn't suck up the organic matter, the bacteria eats it and breaks it down into nutrients. Some organic growers don't flush because the last two weeks with nutes can be time to get a little bit more growth in those buds. Chemical fertilizers are necessary to flush though since the plant directly suck up the water diluted fertilizer into itself. Not flushing with chemical fertilizer can result in a bad/harsh smoke and a terrible chemical taste to the buds.

Really, it is your choice. If you want a good quality bud, flush. If you want a good size bud, don't flush but in organic growing I don't believe it is all that necessary.

6. i'm curious and i always like hard evidence on these kinds of things. much more info if i just do it and find out. :p

2nd day of 12/12 on the plants, still just babies though. when flush time comes i'll pick two plants that are most similar to each other, then continue feeding one and flush everything else. we'll see how that goes. :)

7. i no this was ages ago now but im very interested to hear ur results? im using organic flowering nutes for the first time and am still wondering if i should bother flushing or not