Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana Use Has Drastically Helped My Eczema!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Cathedral, Jun 20, 2009.

1. I use cannabis recreationally, and only do so every other week. Up until I first started smoking cannabis, I had severe eczema across my entire body. It was the most horrible thing, seriously. The most uncomfortable places were my armpits, nipples, face and even down below...

One morning I woke up to having scratched my arm so much that what I can only describe as raw meat, was exposed. It was that bad. It may have just been a coincidence, or maybe the weed helped at a time where it was going away naturally, but it completely went away when I first started smoking. This truly is a miracle plant.

2. Are you in Colorado? If so, try Apothecanna - i think it's well priced, and it's a whole lot easier than making it yourself and will probably be more effective. i swear by this stuff as I don't/can't smoke. apothecanna. medicated skin care.

3. wow this is interesting info! i have slight eczema and i actually have just moved out of my parents place a couple months ago so i have been smoking more openly/often and i just noticed this morning that my skin has been looking unusually good...but i thought i was just crazy! great stuff...

4. In my experience, even smoking helps my asthma which is a chronic condition that is linked to my eczema which i had first. I think the smoking helps clear the mucus, by coughing it up sometimes, which constricts air ways, and lessons the severity of my eczema break outs, i wouldn't say cure, but it's not a topical application, i was wondering if a topical application for those who can buy creams and lotions have found them effective?

5. I had two patches of it a few years ago before I started using MMJ for my Crohn's.
    It has not reared its head since. So glad, as one was above my ear and the other on my thumb and they itched like MAD! :(:D

6. #27 Hashville420, May 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    How did you administer your treatment? Smoking, vape, topically?

7. I have Had terrible skin all my life since i was two Months old and i couldnt sleep for many years properly in winter i live in Michigan if that gives you an idea because of it on cold dry nights ive done EVERY THING EVERY THING ON EARTH aloe kalu nut oil Prscreption Creame but that would not stop the itch the bleeding id hate going to sleep cauese i also have restless leg syndrome and it was terrible id have cuts every from my feet all the way up to my waist i smoked last winter (thats when my eczema gets real bad) and i Stopped cause i am currently on probation and i am going through the most tortuious winter of my 20 years on earth but i got busted with stems and its kind of terrible i only get 3-5 hours of sleep on a good night HOPEFULLY I WILL GET OFF PROBO IN 6 DAYS probablly Court date early termination only dropped dirty once I SERIOUSLEY CANT WAIT

8. when i s moked last winter i wore shorts and i actually got to work out and my skin was the best its ever been in my life

9. Marijuana puts me in a happy place where bullshit has absolutely no meaning and cocksuckers can just be cocksuckers because thats the way they are.

10. Hey,
    Im pretty sure I have Eczema too, i am a regular smoker and havent really noticed any difference in mine, what strains do you guys smoke that helps you?
    Thanks! :)

11. Rub coconut oil that's been made into cannaoil on your skin. All joint pains and skin problems will be relieved by doing so. It even faded some scars i have on my arm

12. Ok great thanks! :)

13. #34 Izzy Mandelbaum, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2013
    Eat your weed, as well.

It helps your gut, which helps your eczema. Mine was never really bad, but it has been gone for years.

14. I just had it flare up for the first time ever on the back of my right hand and fingers. Been a heavy user for a while and this is just a recent issue. Does hemp cream work? So god damn itchy. I was using a steroid cream first because I thought it was a fungal infection and it went away so I never thought anything of it. Now I'm using Cethaphil Eczema calming lotion and it doesn't seem to be doing a hell of a lot. Kind of off topic, what soaps are people using during flare-ups? My dermatologist told me to not use antibiotic ones but I don't know what else is on the market.

15. Foderma serum does so much more for my skin beyond giving me incredible relief from my eczema! My skin feels healthier, softer and much more pleasing to the eye. I can show my back and shoulders again!!