does drake piss u off too?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by S.F. Sage, Jun 13, 2009.

1. What part of that supports your arguement?

2. he spent some summers with his dad in mephis but live wit his mom up in toronto where he was well off and his dad is Dennis Graham an industry drummer

3. i put bold on the parts

4. lol oh ya u got proper MC's from The Source... who benzino? XXL

5. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co3qMdkucM0]YouTube - The Pharcyde - Drop[/ame]

6. I'm still not seeing it. Maybe it's because you're reading the words and not hearing the song cause that's a song I've listened to plenty of times and in the context he says it in he's just describing things he's grown up around in Toronto.... and an Industry drummer... really. Shawnna (from DTP) dad was Guy Buddy and she still managed to grow up in "the hood" despite her dad being a blues legend.

Edit: Also You're confusing "Gangsta" with "Braggadacio"

7. The Source ain't The Source anymore. You are aware of this? Back in the day it was the bible.

And yes this list is one of the better breaking down hip-hop albums...
    The Source Magazine's 100 Best Rap Albums on Lists of Bests

8. Drake is good. Plus im from Toronto so im going to represent hahaha :D

It drives me crazy when people complain that REAL hip hop is dead and its all pop now. Thats because those people are listening to the hip hop they play on tv and the radio. It's popular and good, which is why its on the tv and radio.
    BUT if people are looking for REAL hip hop, its definitely out there. You have to look beyond MTV to find it, and you usually have to know what you're looking for.
    There are still tons of really sick rappers that know what hip hop is about.

9. hahaha i know. i just hate benzino since the whole eminem beef

10. im sorry but after seeing him in degrassi I cant take him seriously as a rapper

11. I find drake's lyrics not making any sense and his rhymes are ok at best. not worth buying imo

12. #32 S.F. Sage, Jun 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2009
    I've heard the song and thats why i know those lyrics and its not just that song.

shawna's dad is Buddy Guy get it right and he is doing great thanks to clapton who brought him back into the lime light in the early 90s so i dunno what hardships shes had but i can never take any female rappers seriously anyway no matter how hard their ghostwritten lyrics are.

braggadacio=???
    braggadocio is boastfulness and swagger

I dunno what u were getting at with that one

Gangsta rap reflects the violent lifestyles of the inner-city

13. #33 tyrone biggums, Jun 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2009
    dudes an overrated piece of trash. half his beats suck, half his lyrics suck. dudes just a half assin rich boy.

i boo when i hear his shit.

edit
    wow this dudes fuckin gangster.

im soo hoooooood
    i had a bar mitzvah at the lake
    an i live on a jewish street, im drake
    im soo hoooooood
    YouTube - Peter Rosenberg Inteviews Drake and Kanye West

14. You guys are a bunch of hating douchebags. Anyone will admit Drake has talent and can rap. Oh, he doesn't kill people and deal cocaine? Fuck him and his talent!! We don't want to hear it!!

Grow the fuck up.

15. lol this man is right

16. good to defend your countrymen lol. its just my opinion man
    he can rap its obvious cause he sells but he shouldn't be rappin bout some the shit he raps about. I got no prob with him being the pop ringtone type of rapper but stick to that don't put on a front.

17. i hate his song that is playing on the radio all the time...i like the song ransom feat lil wayne by him...thats about it...he cant ever really pull of the tuff guy act thou...he played a handicapped kid in a wheelchair on degrassi

18. after reading this thread i realized that i label everyone who listens to rap/ hip hop music to wanna be gangsta or you gotta be from the hood to listen to it..

damn... lol this opened my eyes to realizing that labeling people is shit

19. and wayne pretending to be a rockstar! wtf is this shit

20. drake is a lil gayne clone

fuck them both