What Global Warming?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Jun 11, 2009.

1. The U.N. is a concept that has become out dated. The corruption outweighs the good. Its time for the U.N. to be abolished.

2. #22 Mist425, Jun 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2009
    Aaronman can I get a link to whatever source you have that says that all carbon emissions caused by man (fuel consumption, chopping down trees, livestock production, etc.) is only .2% or however much of global carbon emissions?

Edit: Stoned Budda, it doesn't seem like the UN really has any power to do shit except create 'resolutions' that they have no power to enforce. Dismantling it might not be worth the effort.

Also, is your name supposed to be like 'butter'? Like, Stoned Butter, colloquially? Or is it Buddha as in Gautama Buddha?

3. I agree, and while I personally think the U.S. being completely detached from oil companies is a good thing because those motherfuckers tend to be evil(See: Shell involvement in Murders: Wiwa family lawsuits against Royal Dutch Shell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), I wish our government could present this in a truthful manner because scientists are getting buttfucked over this big time. If you're a scientist from just about any discipline that can do field work related to some environment, say, biological, biochemical, geological, etc, and you request a grant, chances are it will be denied. If your study begins with "How global warming impacts <whatever you're studying>", you will receive the grant. Why must our society be founded on so much dishonesty? Just get us off the oil because they're filthy rich greedy evil scumbags, is that not enough of a reason?

4. But they UN-nazied the world!!!

5. We'll get right on that. Right after you find a way to replace the elements of good that DO come out of the U.N., however unpublicized as they may be.

6. Most of the people in this thread are complete morons.

7. How so? :)

8. I don't really care if "global warming" (climate change), is a scam perpetuated by politicians. I refuse to defend america's right to suck up resources faster then any other country on the planet.

It's easy to sit in pristine America, in our air conditioned houses, behind our computers that run 24/7 and reject the notion that there is anything "wrong" with what we are doing. But you only need to go to an overpopulated, developing country like India or China to see that yes, humans do have an impact on the environment. You have to have your head stuck really far up your arse to not see that.

Forget about the weather. Some day, we are going to run out of oil, metals and water because we are using them at rates the earth can not keep up with. What kind of economical and social impact will that have on us?

We can't control the weather, but we CAN control how much we take from the earth.

9. #29 stoned budda, Jun 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2009

So in your opinion the ends justify the means? Two wrongs make a right?

I agree that we should conserve our natural resources. I just don't believe in using bogus scientific data and political strong arming to put them completely off limits or tax the shit out of them at the expense of the American tax payer. That philosophy is just wrong on too many levels and opens the door wide to political corruption. Maybe try education instead of the government and a handful of select individuals who feel its their inherent right to tell the rest of us dumb asses how we should live our lives and whats good for us. Does that sound like freedom?

You by far have posted the most useless, moronic, non-contributing post in this thread. It contributes absolutely nothing, hell its not even a good insult. Why would you even expend the energy to type that, what a fucking dumb ass.

10. Iraq sanctions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

11. 2 wrongs = ONE GIANT DISTRACTION.

You're just as much a victim of bogus, biased scientific data as anyone. All this evidence that proves that global warming is a hoax? If you follow the money trail who do you think funds it all?

You (*coughmichaelchrichtoncough*) claim that there's big money to be made by researchers and scientists by perpetuating the global warming myth. Because Exxon-Mobil has nothing to gain if it's proven false?

It's all about money and profit. On on both sides. You can waste your time fighting for "freedom" (which is really just freedom for big business), and others can waste their time supporting Obama.

I choose to spend my time focusing on the real problem which is the fact that we use to many resources in this country. The best way I can fix that problem is to focus on what I personally use. That's freedom to me.

I don't want to be smug or snide, but in the past year I've come very far in our goals as far as reducing what we use and buy. What have you accomplished politically in the past year?

12. I'm quite sure that global warming is a hoax.

Never the less I have no problem with cutting waste.

I think we should all start by carting our electric clothes dryers to curb.

Nothing wastes more electricity than a stupid clothes dryer or a hair dryer.

They are total non necessities and they use enormous amounts of electricity.

We could probably save enough heat and energy to scrap the whole global warming agenda if we would just start there.

13. You don't understand, they have to ride this issue even if the science doesn't make sense, its best econimically and politically for mankind. Do you guys know what the "club of rome" is GOOGLE IT THEN BITCH! :mad:

14. :D

"According to a new U.N. report, the global warming outlook is much worse than originally predicted. Which is pretty bad when they originally predicted it would destroy the planet." --Jay Leno

[​IMG]

15. You're not supporting Obama, you're still supporting energy monopolies so quit being so high-and-mighty. They're going to impose a cap-n-trade (cap-n-tax) system where eventually the limits they put on many companies, not now just oil companies, will pass down massive expenses to you, the tax payer.

We're not fighting for Big oil against Obama, that's not a real dichotomy. We're fighting for common sense, for companies to make changes due to free market pressure from concerned citizens who are not misinformed by the news and schools.

16. #36 Penelope420, Jun 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2009
    Those same companies that you think will make changes due to free market pressure, are the same companies that own our news and (essentially) our schools.

That is not a free market.

Edited to add: I don't mean to come across as "high and mighty". I take a total defeatist attitude in all of this. I don't ever expect to get real information, or news, from ANYONE. There are no unbiased sources, really. So I just do what I can, and try to live without thinking of it all. I'm not really proud of that, it's just what I think.

17. Lol Freedom, Im my own words.

I am just someone who has looked at the facts and I am merely relaying those facts to you. I ask you to go and check out for yourself.

Please note that I am not a "conspiracy nut", a "leftist", a "rightist", a "liberal", a "Jew", a "Muslim", a "disinformation agent", an "ignorant racist" or any other label that spelunkers try to pin on me. "I might just be a Moderate Populist Conservative? whom distrust large governance and has a firm belief in the right to hold arms", but I am just a human who happens to be born in the USA for one am very tired of corruption in our government and corporatist crooks picking our wallets.

Read everything, Listen to everything/everyone,
    Do not preach what you cannot prove as documented facts.

18. Going green is a trend right now and if you haven't noticed all the big names that own the current administration (ie GE) making the shifts towards this trend then you have to look harder. Adding a green label to your product will improve profitability, this is the voice of the consumer and the corporations can hear it.

When gas is $10.00 a gallon you don't think the voice of the consumer will be "Give me better fuel mileage!" ?

Those that support increased environmental regulation (based on no credible science) are often the biggest companies that can afford to make those changes, while their up-and-coming competitors will be faced with tremendous burdens. This is why regulation helps monopolization.

19. it should also be noted that carbon levels have risen after temperatures rose

and i googled that "club of rome" not sure what you wanted us to take from it

for further info, check out America:freedom to Fascism

all this global warming shit is just a front for world government

20. Regardless of global warming, humanity does need to do it's part to work in harmony with nature. If you don't believe that then you're just wrong.