Buzz'z Funky First Grow thread! Complete with photos for your enjoyment

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by BuzzLightOne, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Thanks as always Buzz. My broke ass needs to get a camera so I can show yall my ghetto ass grow. :)

2. Haha i'm not sure how comfortable I feel answering that question.. I am slightly paranoid about this!!!

Anyway, it seems like most people from the states don't have a huge problem admitting what state they are from but obviously omit any specific details. I'm with you on the Colo part :)

It's my first grow too... although I think mine is quite a bit smaller due to space and privacy concerns. Your plants really do look good... maybe we'll be harvesting ours at roughly the same time!

good luck. and yes the rain is quite nice... although some sun would do my babies good :smoke:

3. That just shows you how stupid and corrupt the US is. They enforce laws, but encourage behavior.

4. There is no doubt the US political system and government contains corruption... but so does every country in varying ways. Hell, look at Russia (very cliche example, don't kill me Mrs or Mr Lots) or even the Nederlands.

They don't necessarily encourage growing weed here.. in fact they try to make it seem as evil as possible which I clearly disagree with. Even though pot is illegal for very stupid reasons, I still love my country, and I know that sooner rather than later the laws will change.

I think a big reason why pot hasn't made serious steps to being legalized sooner is marijuana smokers and growers have a very passive activism about it. Instead of getting high on 420 at CU (the 420 epicenter of the world) and middle fingering the law, there should be a completely sober march on city hall. There is a LOT more true activism that needs to get done!

5. Buzz they're lookin great!! Soon you will know what I've been talkin about except in a more severe (but better in your case) way. Your shit is gonna get big, like the movie with Tom Hanks BIG lmao. That shit will happen overnight it seems like lol. Good luck with the sun and rain and I hope your girls put out for you metaphorically speaking. How much are you expecting to yield. You think a QP a plant off these auto QS outdoors is possible? Wouldn't that be shit! Peace out

6. Buzz I would totally bust a nut if you told me you got a qp on a plant lol.

7. haha for real!! I was just rambling tho. But these auto's get big and she is growin outside so u never know.....

8. I understand. I feel like we live in a small world sometimes. No problem with covering your butt. :p Hello my fellow Coloradan! Colorado rocks!

Good Luck with your grow, and If you can, post up some pictures and you can join the race! :D

9. Get one! I want to see your ghetto grow! LOL

10. Hey Buzz, really nice grow. I like the growspace you have plotted out, you will definitely be happy once your plants go outside. Can't wait to see your progress, and good luck.

Subscribed ~

:smoke::smoke:

11. Ha ha you make me laugh. I think you have got to be one out of a million with your QS. This is quite the interesting dilemma you have there bro'.

These QS's do grow overnight! I've been watching them do this all along. They sprouted and grew leaves in one day. Really cool to watch. I'm glad I've taken pictures of the growth progression of these amazing plants. They caught up with the Diesel now, and Cassie is bigger!

I'm going to do a little more research to see if I can find a high yield report on these babies. I'll let you know what I find out.

12. Thank you! It is so nice to have you stop by. I will stop by and take a look at what you have going. :wave:

13. Awww that's so sweet! :hello: Hugs, Buzz

14. great wildlife pics buzz. i like those pics of the doves chillen on the beams. colorado has some awsome nature dosent it? ive been there 2 times and i absolutely loved it. i also took some wildlife pics in my journal. come by and take a gander if you would like. ill be back to check up on things later. good luck buzz:wave:

15. Thanks 70'sshow. I really think your grow and wildlife pics are better! :)

>I have a question for you guys. :confused:

My water is very hard here. Sometimes I get in the shower and the water smells like lake water. Yuk. Then they dump in a whole bunch of chemicals and it smells like chlorine. I always drink distilled water, but I would like to use tap on the plants. The vegies get water straight out the hose and do fine with it. So my question is: If I fill the containers and let the water sit for a day or two, wiil it be ok to use that? (I do this for my African Violets and other house plants). Thanks!

I took these pictures this afternoon of something besides the tops of my girls. Some are doing better than others. But they all survived!

They are:
    Angel
    Blondie
    Cassie
    Diesel Dawn
    Evel
    Farah
    Glitz (The lady bug seems to like her the best).

Attached Files:

16. hey buzz so hows it going?wanted to stop in and see the girls.they really look good.so when are they going to be put outside?about the water i always use tap and let it age for at least 2 days before use .holla back later girl.destroyer.

17. Oh my buzz! I cant believe im this late in finding your grow, your plants look so healthy and beautiful. The shade of green they are is just gorgeous!.

A:eek: ma:D zing:smoke:

18. #138 BuzzLightOne, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2009
    Thanks Destroyer and Indi. It's so nice that you stopped by! :D

The girls are 22 days old today. They were planted outdoors this afternoon.

I had to reinforce the garden walls a bit, as the WIND has been going crazy. I put in two more posts in each wall. It is good and sturdy now.

Aside from some cuts, blisters and sunburn, I did it!

I think the timing went pretty well actually. The girls were just starting to get rootbound. I let them dry out before planting. I will watch them closely for now, and begin fertilizing in a couple of days. My main concern is the heat, as they have been in a cozy 70 degrees in my bedroom. Now they will be in up to 100 degree temperatures.

My other concern is also something I have no control over, and that is the enormous storms we've been having that sometimes produce hail.

As always, comments are appreciated! :bongin:

Attached Files:

19. wow. that roofless greenhouse is just amazing. girls are lookin nice as well. great work buzz:wave: +rep

20. Yes ma'am, that enclosure looks snazzy. The plants are looking really good too. Like I said in my first post, I'm really excited to see what they do with getting sunlight, this is the first outdoor grow I'm following. You've got the green thumb so I know everything will be gravy :smoke:.