Soccer For Football(Soccer) Fans Worldwide

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by shambala, Jun 4, 2009.

1. unlucky, hope this shit luck for them lasts as long as possible, one that I know is all talk but now he's silent haha.

2. Never said they had won a treble. I said I'm pretty sure the only team that can win a treble this season is hibs. Pretty sure rangers are out the Scottish cup.
    Also gotta keep in mind, it's THE Rangers now - not just Rangers. Completely new team who have won nothing of any significance, while the oldco avoided tax to gain a sporting advantage. In other words, you could say the old Rangers spent money they didn't have and avoided tax, and were able to sign players they wouldn't have been able to otherwise. Some would call that cheating.
    It's a new club now anyway, haven't won anything of real significance.

3. A new team that's funny I'm pretty sure EVERY governing body in the whole of football has stated that rangers are the same team !
    But hey let's not let let a little thing like that get in the way of a good story ! Rangers history stands STILL the most successful club in the WORLD domestically
    And on avoiding tax the EBT scheme was used by loads of teams not just rangers, and all big companies try diffrent loopholes to avoid tax.

4. I don't see vardy going anywhere, or if he does it won't be to a big club or for big money. He's just too old already. Mahrez I definitely see going to a bigger club though, but then again if they win the title or finish top 4 he might not have any reason to leave.

5. We've been linked with Vardy, but of course many others will be. Maybe not other top clubs, but he will do good wherever.

I want him to stay though and Mahrez. Even though id like to see the striking pair of Vardy and Ings.

6. And Leceister fucking do it again. Totally deserved the result and outplayed City. Top top performance. And that Mahrez goal

7. I'm starting to get pretty sick of the stuff I keep reading about Klopp lately. For example the article i'm reading right now which is previewing all the games for this weekend. It says, "All is not going according to plan for Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool, who have shown flashes of brilliance but also a worrying trend to collapse from set pieces." The part that irks me is the "not going according to plan" and general tone every article seems to have now where Klopp is apparently not as high up in the table as he's supposed to be or something.

I just really don't get it anymore, why are all the articles and stuff acting like Klopp is gonna get fired soon or that he's been disappointing so far or that he isn't doing as good as everyone thought? What did everyone think? I thought that they would finish somewhere in mid table, probably closer to the top than the bottom, with a small chance of getting into the top 4 if things went our way in the table. But there are clearly too many other talented squads right now for that to be realistic. It has nothing to do with the manager.

The bottom is, personally having watched most of the games this season I feel like he's clearly a major upgrade over rodgers, no disrespect intended to rodgers but Klopp has made the team so much harder to beat from open play and is implementing a style of play that won't have to rely on a luis suarez to create all the chances. He's also shown himself to be tactically savvy, it thought he was very clever to switch to a 4-4-2 against leicester in their first match and fight fire with fire. Only him and wenger have managed to beat leicester but no one mentions that at all. I think that was more significant than the 4-1 defeat of city. And the way that he rotates the squad, gives players confidence, plays young players, didn't overspend in january, i mean the list goes on. I don't know why everyone's acting so negative, it all looks uphill to me from here.

8. Klopp is bringing out the best in Brendans signings. I dont know why Klopp wouldnt bring back Markovic. He was becoming a complete player with Brendan and I believe will exceed that limit under Klopp

9. Champions League with outstanding matchups today!!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. #14891 AhToker, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2016
    Wish we had Lahm at Liverpool. One of my favorite players for sure

Edit: Also wish I had Robben's left lol

11. [​IMG]

12. Wouldnt have minded a Chicharito/Ings partnership

13. Damn, I couldve just cried for Sakho lol Final and not being able to continue. Its the smart thing to do, but it just sucks being taken out when you want to be a part of the moment

14. Ive gotta be honest, i set an alarm but i just couldnt get out of bed for the final, and knowing how it turned out i'm sorta glad that i missed out on the worst of the heartbreak. the league cup doesnt even mean anything to city, ugh

15. Ye cos your doing shite. You can't tell me that you're happy with going from almost winnin the league a few years ago to barely scraping Europa. Your manager can't put together good performances. I guess he's getting stick cos you're not doing any better than when Rodgers was in charge really

16. if rodgers were still in charge this team would be drifting towards the bottom half of the table more than likely. Barely scraping europa, i guess you could say that, but you could also say that of united or chelsea this season, and remind me how much more those squads are worth? Cant put together good performances? Beating leicester? beating city convincingly, twice? Scoring 6 on southampton? What about the form firmino is finding? I am happy with going from almost winning the league to where we are now, because the squad overachieved that season and it was mostly suarez and sturridge, both of whom are absent now (usually). thats not klopps fault. He's doing the best that anyone would be able to with the current group of players. We also won back to games now and are close to looking at the top 4 if the current momentum continues

17. To be fair I dont think its right to judge him on this season. I think he's been smart figuring what his squad is like this season. But the next season and transfer window will be telling. All that said I still think its been an average intro into life in the prem for klopp.

You shouldn't compare yourselves to Chelsea or Utd this season who are both much further off what is expected than at liverpool. Chelsea out the champs league to PSG tonight. I feel like its happened before.

18. Can't believe Newcastle got Rafa Benitez... its a sign of the times when world class managers are willing to take over at clubs at the bottom of the table just to get their foot in the premier league door. Maybe Mourinho should have been eyeing the newcastle job too. I really have no idea whether he can save them or not but i hope not..that club needs to be relegated. And its easy for rafa to say relegation doesnt scare him if hes gonna leave anyway.