Soccer For Football(Soccer) Fans Worldwide

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by shambala, Jun 4, 2009.

1. EPL : LIVERPOOL FTW... torres and gerrard liverpool is my favorite club all around:hello:
    spanish league- barcalona
    mls : DYnamo

2. Not a chance. Germany have some great players, like Klose, Lahm, Podolski and Ballack but they don't have a world cup winning side anymore, plus Ballack and Klose (who've arguably been Germanys best players in the last 8 years) are nearing the end of their careers. I'd put my money on Spain taking the title, they have the best squad in the world, hell their reserve line up would have a good chance of winning the world cup if they entered a seperate team. Villa and Torres are two of the best strikers in the world, Iniesta and Xavi are two of the best midfielders in the current game, not to mention Sena, Fabregas, Carzola and David Silva, plus they've got a ROCK defense in Puyol, Ramos, Capdevilla and Pique. I can't see anyone beating them. Brazil will always have a good chance cause of the heat. France have a great squad but not really a great manager and England have a good chance because they've got a great manager and great squad (but apart from Rooney lack a world class striker), but it will depend on how they adapt to the heat to how they fare in the tournament.

3. Favorite Club Team: Real Madrid
    Favorite National Team: Spain

I'm not agreeing with Real Madrid signing Ronaldo, they could've bought 2 other incredible players that would have a bigger impact on the team.

As for South Africa 2010 go Spain!!

4. The Sounders aren't getting stupid cards... the ref is giving them out! Like that red card Montero got for elbowing some dude in the face by accident - then the other team does the EXACT same thing but only gets a yellow card. It's bullshit man. Anyways yeah, they're my home team so I support them :p SOUNDERS FTW!

Favorite Club Team: Right now it's Valencia, I like how they play.
    Favorite National Team: Germany!

5. congrats to Egypt for beaintg the Italians!

6. For me its simple,its all about one team for me..Arsenal

7. I would give them a chance. Germany always has a chance. They are the Germans! Ballack is still world class and proved it at the European Championships, Lahm is also a world class fullback. We still have Schweinsteiger and Gomez(if he ever scores like he does in the Bundesliga :rolleyes:). Who are both young and will make an impact. Seems to me like Spain and Brazil are the top teams though, but never count out Deutschland :cool:

8. I am italian but unless Lippi stops insisting with finished players (zambrotta, gattuso to name a couple) they have no chance in 2010 as they just showed in this confederations. Spain and Brasil are really strong but Argentina has the most quality players of any team ive seen in a while... it should be a great tourney!!

as for club teams its all about A.S. Roma for me!

9. Yeah, Italy's playing with a team of people whose time has already passed. Now, Argentina is all about Messi, Mascherano and Kun Agüero. Also, Spain and Brazil have good players for every position on the field. Neither of them are at risk of not going to the World Cup next year.

10. Spain; Barcelona

Italy;Juventus

England;Chelsea and manchester united

Greece ;Aris generally and from north teams,
    and Olympiakos from south teams.

Germany;Bayern Munich

Brazil sao paulo

worldwide national Greek team(of course) and when it comes to other teams i usually support Brazil cause they play some mean ball.

germany is good too..and spain..

11. not to be offensive but am i the only one who supports one club team and my national squad??...
    i see everyone writing how they have a favorite team from each country, and its usually the most popular..

i mean, i like watching several clubs and national squads but I support barcelona and spain only.

12. i dont know how other people think about it but
    im an Aris fan .as for the rest teams i mentioned im not a fan exactly but if theyre playing with another team im supporting them.

i know what you mean about being a fan of only one club team but football brings people together..why not admire other teams besides the one you are a fool for..

for example my team Aris..is not doing good.,,at all..i wont go further on that subject cause its a painful one..:(
    but no matter how down we go or how awful well play or how much we get sold ..ill always be Aris.

the rest teams are the one i like the most from each country.or at least a few.i dont see what bad with that

and i think thats how most people see it when they add teams from other countries

btw.Barcelona is my fav spanish team...so sad i cant say thatd wed beat you down anytime..so sad..:(

13. right now i'll admittedly voice that i am officially a bandwagon Real Madrid fan. throughout this offseason, the club has made numerous roster acquisitions bringing exciting talent to their squad.

Favorite Teams: Real Madrid, Fulham, Man U, NE Revolution
    National: USA and Portugal

14. Go USA pull off the upset! :hello:

15. Hell yeah man!!!! My favorite teams to watch and root for are Brazil, Barcelona, Everton, Liverpool, and Spain. I guess my favorite MLS team is the Fire just because I got in a pretty rememberable car crash right outside the stadium. But in my humble opinion, screw American soccer, it's just so fuckin boring to watch. Haha I was at the game at Soldier Field when Brazil slaughtered U.S. It was so funny I'd say the crowd was 97.6 percent fans rooting for Brazil, and not even the remaining 2.4% were rooting for the U.S. Ronaldinho freakin owned it.

16. 2-0!!!! Lets go USA!

haha so much for Spains streak..

17. Thanks guys, I was actually gonna watch that game...

18. Spurs fan here

and England are going to win the next world cup

19. Brazil vs. USA this Sunday at 2pm Eastern on ESPN.

I'm not a huge soccer fan(never have been), but I'll watch from time to time if it's on tv. Also it's nice to see they moved it from ESPN 2 to just ESPN, I don't know how much of a difference that makes(I think they're both offered at the same time when you get cable) but it's nice to see it as a gesture even.

Come on USA, continue the upsets.