Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How to work at a dispensary?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by supersmoker27, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well ive decided texas isnt the place for me to live. Marijuana is my real passion and im willing to take the risks of getting arrested and facing time if I can work at a dispensery.

so my question is how would I go about doing this? and what would be the best state to move to?

2. Has been asked and answered in this forum a TON of times already.

If you're serious, go to Oaksterdam University in Oakland and take their classes.

3. What Will said.

Or you could go into your local and just ask.

4. The answer is... if you were truly passionate you would already know.

Marijuana might be your passion... but your going to have to do some work (google, for instance, would be a good place to start) on your own if you want to make anything of it.

Working at a dispensary isn't the kind of job you move halfway across the country for. You have to be more realistic.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you come off as sort of naive in your post. If you are really serious about doing this i'd recommend you aim for a different end of the business.

Oaksterdam will teach you not only about production, but the business. You could grow commercially and sell to the dispensaries, or come up with another product or service useful to dispensary operators that they would pay for (doctors pay millions for software to manage their practices, how about software to manage dispensaries... not saying this is a good idea, because it isn't, but it's a good way to think)

If you REALLY want to work in the marijauna industry and can't see yourself doing anything else than go for it. I'd just recommend you aim for anything but the lowest spot on the totem pole (dispensary worker).

I would love to work in a dispensary, but it definitely isn't part of my career plan. I'd love to work in one for a summer or something, cause I know it would be a great experience, (looking into UC, maybe Berk, or S.B. for grad school) but i'm not moving across the country for minimum wage. Hope this doesn't come off the wrong way.

5. he lives in texas, there is no local. noob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.