Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Any amputees use pot for phantom pains?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by unipod, May 24, 2009.

1. My dad lost my leg about 20 years ago, when I turned 18 and after graduating high school i started smoking, and found out right away that being buzzed helps alleviate my phantom pains... since then I've moved to Washington state and wonder if anyone in the vicinity has experience getting a medical card for similar problems. Smoking weed isn't doing any good to my lungs, and I'd rather be able to grow it so i can afford to eat it instead...

any ideas? Comments?

2. I'm confused by this but yes I believe ive heard about people doing this.

3. your dad sounds like a real asshole for losing your leg man. :smoking:

4. Your dad sucks.

5. Can i ask... how can your dad lose YOUR leg?

6. Wow so who lost their leg you or your dad? Fail.

7. Dude, seriously. That is the funniest thing I've read all day. Thanks! :hello:

8. won't you all feel terrible if it wasn't a typo and it really was his dad's fault that he lost his leg..:eek:

9. #9 Ice Queen, May 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2009
    If that really were the case I highly doubt it would have been phrased that way.
    Not that I'm incapable of being wrong, but hey- if his dad DID lose his leg, his dad sucks. :)

10. twas just kidding..

11. I'd like to say I was just post-whoring but truthfully I'm just very bored.
    ... they're not the same, right?

12. Hey, where did unicorn go?

13. im guessing to sleep judging on the time of the post.

14. Well have you checked under the couch?

15. Being really baked i reread that about 5 times b4 looking at the next post and was relieved that I am not going crazy ahahah.

16. Well, this topic certainly got carried away

17. Poor guy, I feel bad now, I keep laughing at the comments you fuckers left which is making me feel worse.

We are all going to hell.

18. Onion, your admiration of certain parts of the female anatomy is understandable since you are obviously of the age where "testosterone poisoning" is clouding your judgment. Your remark, although appropriate for the general boards, is not appropriate for the medical section. Go back to the regular board where you belong, child, or grow up! Thank you!

Unipod, cannabis has been used quite extensively for neuropathic pain. Most of the studies are on diabetic or spinal injury cases, but neuropathic pain is neuropathic pain! Those stupid nerves insist something is wrong when there is no cause of pain. Try clicking a link in my sig for the studies. (And please re-read your posts before clicking "Submit reply".)

I've sent you a PM with the addy for a site where there is an older amputee. Perhaps you two should talk.

Granny :wave:

19. Check craigslist.

20. Hey it's me again, ya'll know how new forums get lost until ya find them again...

Yea, so, my dad lost my leg when i was 14, in an 'accident' road raging on his motorcycle at 120mph with me on the back, down a 2 lane state highway in Ohio one nice August saturday afternoon, he went left of center on a wide curve and laid the bike down, I failed to slide completely out of the road, and was hit by a harley going 60mph in the other direction... 4 other bikes besides our two were in the shit. I recall my dad screaming 'oh shit!" and jumping off the bike, me instantly on my belly sliding across the pavement, head turned to the right, i saw our motorcycle meet the sky, flipping like crazy, instantly, then blackness for almost a month(not that i remember much of that except a single recurrent nightmare I was sedated into having over and over again.)

For years I would say simply that 'I lost my leg in a motorcycle accident,' then 'accident' changed to 'wreck', which I used for years, but only recently as I see my life leaking away like everyone else's, and my dad still up walking around, I've come to think of it as my dad losing my leg while breaking the law and having no thought for his child behind him. For him being pissed off for five minutes by another biker cutting him off at a stoplight...

(so that is explained, on to other things...passes out the Kleenexes)

Anyway, i found a lot of comments in the thread hysterical, i didn't feel one nasty thing from any of you, and i'm usually pretty good at sensing those things, thank you all for a good laugh, I appreciate it :D

Now, to the last person who replied before this message, that same person who said they messaged me with a URL, it comes up as a broken link, er, non address, although right forums i think, could you just post the link here for me please?