any ideas on good handheld/wireless vapes?? anyone?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by WeeD BurPs, May 22, 2009.

1. since the weather is getting really nice here in toronto, i really wanna vape outside but am stuck inside with no other choice.

i want the best wireless vape you can get. any opinions on wireless vapes would be greatly appreciated. i read somewhere vapir? help please :wave:

2. Vapirs are the worst vaporizers known to man. Go for the hand-carved VaperGenie.

3. Beat me to it.

4. so im switching from a regular box whip vape and looking at the video review on this the vape genie, you actually putting a lighter against the top part of it. are there any cons with this? theres no burning involved, is it consistent? is the air really hot? price looks good and not needing batteries seems good.

any cons and pros would be great. this is the best wireless vape? also where did you guys order yours, site/link would be great.

thanks alot guys!!!

5. bump. any other opinions on this

vapor genie the best? no burn of the weed? lighter makes air really hot??? anyoneeeee

6. Iolite is a newer portable vape that runs off butane. We sell them at the shop I work at and everyone loves how they work. Plus they don't look like a vape.

7. The vaporgenie is a solid vape once you get the hang of it. I have the original genie, but if I was going to buy another I would spring for the newer glass one.

Cons: You go through a ton of bics
    If you hold the lighter to close you can taste the butane sorta
    If you hold the lighter to close for to long you can get it to burn

8. cool thanks. i love pipes, its small and portable. and i kinda actually like that im controlling how much my weed is getting vaped by holding a lighter.

would you mind explaining how the vape works. i see that you put the weed in the bottom part then put on some stuff on top. is their like glass or somethig between. does it heat up right away or do you have to hold the lighter a long time?

9. With the wood ones anyways there is a screw on top that attaches to the bowl (the big fat wood piece), in that is a ceramic filter. That is what heats up and vaporizes the green. Essentially you are holding the lighter above the ceramic and drawing the heat through it causing it to heat up. Because you are drawing the air through the ceramic, the air is heated up as well and goes through the green just like it would in any convection vaporizer.

As for how long you hold the lighter? Just a few seconds, or more than a few seconds, depends on the kind of hit you are looking for. That is one of the great things about the VG is that once you get used to using it, you can choose your own hitting method. I'm a gently heating and taking a long, slow draw kind of person but my friend likes to lay the heat on and take a hard hit (producing chokingly dense vapor).

And yeah, prepare to start buying Bic 10 packs. But it's totally worth it :D I've been using my Teak VG for a long while now and it pretty much made all my other little pipes I used to carry around get stuck in a shoebox and stored in the closet :rolleyes:

Sorry for what might be incoherent ramblings (I can't tell if they are or not), I'm pretty blazed right now.

10. I'd love to own one of these things but I'd need to know what the noise is like. The uni has great visual stealth but that's a bit pointless if it's whirring away like a power tool. At the price they cost it's a luxury item but they look so awesome that the purchase may be justified.

I'm tempted.... would like to hear about how noisy they are to use :smoking:

11. Vapor Genie for $50. I desperatly want one of the Iolites, but at $200-$250 I'll have to pass.

BTW: I prefer torches with the Vapor Genie.

12. I-inhale

do some research on it, and call your local head shop and they will order it

13. Iolite (previously known as I-inhale), don't bother wasting your money on anything else, but if that really is too steep, get the Magic Flight Launch Tube, its cheap and ready to hit in like 15 seconds and theres no chance of combusting your weed.