Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

does walmart drug test?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by repsaj, May 19, 2009.

1. Rofl I just quit my job at walmart in oneonta. Where in Upstate ny you live? Yes they drug test when you first get hired then they will only test you again if you get hurt.

2. walmart does drug test i know this for a fact. 100% friend works there i was going to get hired and they asked me to test...

3. Oh yeah, the bonus's were awesome to

4. im applying for a job at walmart as well. Do they make you take the test in store or at a clinic? Will someone be watching you pee?

5. It all varies between stores when i was hired almost 3 years ago I was tested at the store but they didn't watch me pee. Then about year later we switched to sending people to a clinic and the latest new guys weren't even tested. Walmart doesn't have to test its at the store manager's discretion.

6. Yes Walmart does drug test for hiring and when you get hurt, but do they test when you transfer to a different store?

7. yea.. says that on the online application

8. Where in Ma do u live?

9. scientific testing of urine:hello:

10. This thread has 27,094 views and less than 30 replies. Curious People of GC :]

11. Yes, pretty much every major retail chain does. If Walmart doesn't work out, don't apply or work at Target. It's pretty much a lesser version of the same.

12. Almost EVERY application says that they're going to drug test. The grocery store I work at doesn't drug test anyone but they act like they're going to right up until they hire you. 50% of the results they're looking for from a drug test come from the expression on the soon-to-be employees face when they hear the words drug and test in the same sentence.

13. i lol'd.

14. Question though: If I live in Colorado and have MMJ with a card, would walmart still test me and hold it against me?

15. #36 TranceKid, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
    Drug testing may be put on the application but that doesn't mean they absolutely drug test. A buddy of mine works at Disneyland Resort and has never been tested. He works in one of the little retail stores you go into once you get off a ride. However, if they have any suspicion you are under the influence or a hangover of a drug, they will most likely test you as soon as possible.

What I would do is detox asap. If you are hired and take a drug test, you should pass it and get the job. Once you do, enjoy a bowl for your hard work. :)

16. not entirely sure about this, but i believe the company reserves the right to "hold it against you" if they decided it was in the company's best interest to not hire mmj patients.

17. They definitely do pre employment drugs test, and reserve the right for random testing at a later time. Workers Comp laws in my area require that if you have an accident, you get tested immediately. If it is bad enough that you go the the hosptila, then they will test you there. Refusal is automatic termination. My wife just started there about a month ago, and my aunt retired from management about a year ago.

18. they drug test you. My drug test for them is tomorrow lol... hope i pass :hello: