Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Legal to smoke in public? (California)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by purple4, May 17, 2009.

1. #41 calicheese23, May 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009
    Ya we must all be crazy for wanting to smoke a plant outside:rolleyes:

Medicate before I leave? I do but I usually stay out for hours so I usually want another toke later. Also, why would I want to get high in a bathroom?

I love looking out at the bay with a joint and no one is getting intoxicated off my smoke (except for me). It could be where I live that affects my point of view also. I don't live in an overcrowded city where there are usually people out everywhere. Also people up here smoke all the time in public and most do not care because no one is getting hurt.

2. #42 palmspringsbum, May 18, 2009
    Bashing medical marijuana patients and practicing medicine without a license do not help your argument. (Not that I call that an argument. It is a personal attack.)

For your information, every medical marijuana patient I've known smoked every day, several times a day. I also take pills for diabetes, every day. Several times a day. I'll tell my doctor you said they don't work and I should stop taking them....the one that wrote me the 3-year recommendation for marijuana recently.

What is with these people?

No, seriously, what is with these people?

Why do these -recreational- users demean medical marijuana patients for using marijuana as medicine and for insisting it be -accomodated- as MEDICINE?

3. Where exactly in my post did I bash medical marijuana patients? Nor am i saying I'm a doctor:confused: I think MMJ is great. But the consensus in this thread points to you having your priorities mixed up. And you still did not tell us your condition that requires to smoke all day everyday.

4. #44 palmspringsbum, May 18, 2009
    It's on my website. Go look it up.

And telling me that if I have to medicate every day maybe my medicine isn't working, and that crap about delusions of grandeur, is most certainly bashing and I most certainly am a medical marijuana patient.

As I previously stated, I take metformin for diabetes every day.

So, you are bashing. Medical marijuana patients.

5. I'm definitly bashing you although you being a MMJ patient is irrelavent to that matter. And medicating everyday is also not what I'm arguing about you, you said you had to smoke constantly to maintain function. That to me seems like an exaggeration. The delusions of grandeur is about you honestly thinking your predicament is the name as the blacks in alabama in the 50's, most people here would agree that you obviously think you are being persecuted. You have medical marijuana consider yourself lucky, most of us don't have that. So obviously you are getting more rights than the rest of us, persecuted eh? I think not.

6. #46 lwien, May 18, 2009
    Well I did look it up and the following quote explains it all: "Time after time I have been exploited, victimized, harassed, robbed, evicted and even busted by landlords, meth freak neighbors, sheriffs and pretty much everyone else with an evil disposition and too much time on their hands. "

So there ya have it. What we have here is someone who REALLY enjoys playing the "victim" and refuses to take any personal responsibility for anything and blames everyone else for his misfortune.

Now, all of your previous posts makes perfect sense. Ya see, palmspringsbum, I have NEVER been exploited, victimized, harassed, robbed, evicted by anyone. Why? Because I empower myself by taking personal responsibility for my actions, and I don't put myself in the situations that would cause these things. Obviously, you do, and there is no amount of MJ that is gonna cure you of the "victim" disease.

7. DUDE, it's a message board, this is like the 10th time since you've been here that you have claimed "personal attacks". GROW A THICKER SKIN. You're not being attacked, what you are typing is being attacked, two different things.

We get it, your MMJ experience is your own. FYI I know HUNDREDS of patients, and only VERY FEW of them need to medicate all day every day. YOUR experience is one of the rare ones in my subjective viewpoint. Just as you don't know any patients that do not medicate all day every day, I know very few. Does that make our separate opinions or experiences any less valuable? No, but what it does do is point out that there are a myriad of different MMJ patients all of whom have very, very different methods of medicating. NOT EVERY ONE OF THEM CAN BE POSSIBLY ACCOMODATED BY THE LAWS.

Another thing: you claim that all you do is smoke joints, that's your preference. As a 5 year MMJ patient, I prefer my Volcano to be honest. I like pipes and bongs too, and I love edibles and tinctures for MY illnesses. A joint is the least effective, most harmful method of medicating, and I stay away from them as much as possible. Doesn't mean I refuse to smoke them, but I won't smoke them every day. it's also terribly inefficent with your meds. You use more material for a joint than any other method of medicating. But if that's what you like, go for it, just don't ASSUME that it's the same for everyone.

REASONABLE accomodations for medicine are one thing. What you're demanding is the same thing I see from disgrunted disabled folks, not that I'm bashing on them, but they demand MORE than equal compensation for everything they do, and that's just impossible.

The above poster is right, if you're smoking all day, every day for your condition, there MIGHT be more effective treatments for you.

Also, it's ILLEGAL for any doctor in California to write a recommendation for more than one year, according to Prop 215 and SB 420, unless that changed recently. Your 'three year' recommendation isn't worth the paper it's written on, and it won't hold up in court.

No doubt, you'll probably take this as a personal attack as well. I'm not attacking you personally at all, just what you've written here. I've watched your post since you signed up, you are very angry, and probably have a right to be so, but that doesn't give you a license to pollute these forums with your negativity and sourness. As I have been told countless times on these forums, you need to chill out and realize that your situation isn't the same as everyone else's, and that things aint' the same all over. Consider other people's position as well as your own, occasionally you might find that yours is untenable and wrong.

Finally, your stance on cigarette smoking is offensive to non-smokers. ESPECIALLY when after decades of underhanded practices, lying to the public, and getting government subsidies to actually kill people, the tobacco industry is finally on it's heels and dying off. The laws prohibiting smokers from polluting the air with their filth have been enacted because it is the will of the people. Remember Star Trek? "The Needs of the Many Outweigh the Needs of the Few". The many have decided that the few who continue to smoke don't have the right to inflict their habit on the many. You wanna continue to destroy your body with cigarette smoke (something I know for a FACT that every doctor will tell you is extremely bad for diabetics - hell I know someone who refused to quit smoking when he got diabetes, and he eventually died, blind and with one foot because of that), that's your perogative, but you can't do it where you like. Do it in your home or other approved areas, but not near me and not near my daughter.

8. I don't think you read anything I type.
    No use talking to weird, self righteous hippies.

9. I have to supress a chuckle, because at least neither of you are considered felons by your State for growing/buying/using cannabis as medicine. I just hope we get the pending bill passed here.

Y'all are quite lucky.

10. Will, read post #45. Kinda puts it all into perspective.

11. this explains a lot....

12. There is no need for personal attacks or innuendo like that.

13. Iwien wins
    S/he seems to like the attention a victim receives.

14. I read that on his site - which he's CONSTANTLY advertising to us - against TOS if I'm not mistaken. It's one thing to have it in your sig, that's fine, it's quite another to only post here to have us link to his site generating hits and search engine stats. I don't recall if there's advertising, but I'll bet there is.

I've encountered his type before when I was working for WeedTRACKER. Self-righteous doesn't do him justice. While I feel for his plight, much of it is self-made. Having worked in the health-insurance field, property management, credit cards, etc., I know that there's two ways of going about doing personal business. The way that gets you what you want within the rules of the system. Then there's the butt-heads with everyone way to bully people into getting what you want, which accomplishes virtually nothing. Just going by what I've read about this user, he ENJOYS employing the latter.

15. That has as much integrity as claiming you don't hate the sinner, just the sin.

I've been a medical marijuana patient since 1995. I have known thousands of medical marijuana patients. I have seen hundreds on a daily basis. All of them medicated daily, several times a day.

As for the rest of your rant, I think it's you that need a thicker skin, and some tolerance.

16. #56 palmspringsbum, May 18, 2009
    Boy, you really know how to launch a personal attack, don't you?

My site is a collection of data, studies, news articles, about medical marijuana. I created it over the years specifically to have the information at my fingertips when I want to use it.

If my documenting my comments here with factual information is against the TOS this is nowhere I want to be.

Why on earth do you find me so threatening?

17. You just got VICTIMIZED!!

18. Advertising is specifically against the rules here and of pretty much every private message board on the net.

http://forum.grasscity.com/general-feedback/266632-grasscity-forum-rules.html

Regardless of the "noble purpose" of your site, you're still advertising it on a regular basis, especially when you make comments like "it's on my website, click it" or something similar.

Because you are a new user who has come here and incited a great deal of anger amongst the denizens of the forum, without provocation. You claim to be personally attacked by several LONG-standing members of this forum, WHO HAVE NOT ATTACKED YOU ONE IOTA. As I said, I've seen your kind in the MMJ activist community before. You're not really in it for the community, you're in it to make yourself feel better about your life and your personal issues. You don't want to HELP people, you want people to help you get ahead. While that's human nature, and there's really nothing wrong with it, it's inappropriate in a community of people who are striving for a mutual goal. You sir, wish to use the labors of others to enhance your standing and gain privileges not afforded to others, and that's what my issue with you is.

Your actions are not selfless, in the least you do something and then let everyone know about how great you are for doing it.

If I'm wrong, then I apologize, but I call things like I see them, and I mince no words. I speak my mind and do not censor myself. You are theatening to the community because you do not care about the community, only yourself. Self-interest is fine, but when it interferes with the progress of the whole, it needs to be eliminated. If you can act in a selfless manner and quit being so pedantic on these boards, then you'll earn some friends.

Otherwise, these boards probably aren't for you. I know, start your own Medical Marijuana Forums on your site, and let's see how many people sign up for them.

19. #59 palmspringsbum, May 18, 2009
    Excuse me. Are you a moderator here?

Talk about delusions of grandeur...you really take the cake.

My diagnosis is that you have way too much time on your hands.

And that your medication is not working.

I certainly have better things to do with my time than get in a pissing contest with you.

Or anyone else.

20. He is not a moderator but he's a respected member, and the Staff have asked responsible members to help remind people of the rules.

Now, I'm not sure I'd call you linking to your site advertising, but that's immaterial to what you just said. Please stop with the false air of being some sort of persecuted individual and with the snyde comments and attacks. Nobody here attacked you; they attacked your statements and that's a very different thing.

You seem like a very self centered individual who has a persecution complex, but I'm only going by what little I've seen here. Let's just all take a deep breath and relax. Put down your torch and pitchfork; you'll find you will make friends here if you don't take such a 'me me me' attitude.