Just got a DUI...

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Invictis, May 12, 2009.

1. or minor driving under the influence, whatever the fuck they want to call it, they checked the box for "plaintiff under 21 years old admitted to having 1 or more beer" long story short, i had a bunch of bars and weed in my car that i stuffed in the glove box right quick, i had drank like 3 hours ago at my friends house, just 1 or 2 shots TOPS, and i went to chilis and had a huge meal after so i thought i was straight as fuck, but i blew a .0125 somehow, so long story short he ended up staying in his car for 10 minutes and i thought he was calling for backup but luckily he just took my license told me i got a DUI blabla visit the court on or before 7/2209, license suspended for 6 months im not sure what else will happen to me, fuck :mad:

2. lucky u... igot a underage dui, i blew a 1.7:D lost my licsence for a year, a year of propatio(which doesnt end till september13) and 12 drug and alcohol classes plus 42 hours of thereapy so consider yourself lucky:eek:

3. well.. dont drink and drive :/

4. You mean a .17 ?

When I got my DUI I blew a .39 on the scene, and at the station a .2 something...

They kept asking if I had an open container & was drinking right before I got pulled over... cause they had never seen that big of an influx in the readings before. It had actually been about an hour or so before my last drink at the club that night.

At least they didn't find your bars and weed man. Fuck the police.

5. it actually read 1.70 on the blower i was six times over the legal limit

6. ya mine was 1/8th of the legal limit, fucking so gay, thats like 1 beer. i really hope i dont get probation when i see the judge..FUCK.

7. if your BAC was 1.7 you wouldn't be able to drive because you would be dead behind the wheel.

8. Yeah... 1.7 is way more than 10 times the legal limit. That's impossible. To the OP, they didn't search your car when they issued you a DUI? How did you get home, they let you drive your car home? You should be thankful they didn't find the drugs man, you'd be in jail. DUI's are getting so expensive now, it used to be an affordable offense back in the day. Now they are reaching $10,000. Good luck , get a lawyer.

9. :hello:This.

10. First off, you're a minor.
    Second, you were under the influence and didnt refuse a breathalyzer meaning you'd be tested in jail giving you more time to sober up.
    Third, why are you carrying bars and green in something that open especially after you've been drinking! Those are state prison felonies for each pill you have + the weed. Badddd combo. I learned my lesson after getting caught with 2 bars, 1 promethazine pill, and 2 clonzapam. Not worth the risk unless you hide the shit perfectly.

Oh and you're going to lose your license for atleast a year with probation. Probation is extremely common in Texas. I'll be off 15 months for 1.5 gram POM charge next month....FINALLY! :D

11. shit i hope it all works out

12. I dunno if your calling him out for being a minor like under 18, but minor in an alcohol sense is under 21.

If you refuse a breathalyzer you automatically lose your license. What he could have done is request a blood test, and also request that his doctor do it (from what I've heard). It can take hours for your doctor to show up, which gives you a way better chance of passing.

13. what gave him probable cause to test you???
    swerving, ADMITTING? jesus I hope not.

14. Invictis - I'm not authorized to practice law in your state, but what I can say is one of the two will happen:

One:
    Judge thinks no big deal of it, especially if you've NEVER been in trouble, as a minor or otherwise.

Judge gives you community service, suspends DL for 6 months (this is LIKELY out of his control), and a stern talking to about alcohol. He may even send you to an outpatient AA class, even though you're not an alcoholic.

Two:

Judge feels like you're not remorseful, or don't understand the consequences of your actions and is a little stiffer. This usually involves a $500-1000 fine, more community service and certaintly an AA class.

15. I donno about some people posting on this.

-If you were pulled over underage and got a real DUI they would have called your parents, impounded your car and your liscense would be gone for a year.
    -1.7 is impossible to blow on a breathalizer.
    -.39 is pretty much dead...you must not even remember getting in the car because a .39 breathalizer, they'd never give you your liscence back.

16. #16 Volcano South, May 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2009
    Hey man, I was looking into Texas law. I know you're a minor, but .08 is Texas state law. You blew about an 1/8th of that.

It seems your state has a zero tolerance law, which means you (as a minor) cannot blow any detectable alcohol.

Did you, in ANY way, admit to the cop that you had been drinking? Anything, a nod of the head, "Yes I drank blah blah two hours ago and ate a big meal?" If so, that'll be your downfall.

A good lawyer in your state could use a rebuttable presumption to say that that alcohol in your breath was the result of mouthwash, a mint, whatever.

It's not so much about proving that's what you had done, it's about bringing to light the issue that that's what you COULD have done thus introducing reasonable doubt. If reasonable doubt exists, they lose.

Now, I don't know if mouthwash would cause you to blow .0125, but it seems reasonable to me. That shit is like 60-70% alcohol and you usually swig about a shot's worth at a time. Since a shot is equal to 1 beer, based on a 200lb male, 1 shot could cause him to blow a .02

.02 > .0125 = not guilty.

17. #17 Invictis, May 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2009
    Man yeah I actually admitted to the cop I had drank a beer a few hours ago(after I took the breathlyzer), because I honestly thought ALL of the alcohol was out of my system(it had been 3 hours or so and I had ate A LOT at chilis) so he pulled me out of the car, asked me all these questions and then he's like "You don't mind if I breathalyze you do, do you?" and i'm not "not at all" because I thought i'd be fine. He breathlyzed my friend too, and instead of arresting me on the spot he just gave me a citation for driving under the influence as a minor(i'm 19) and let my friend who blew a .00 drive home.

18. Legal limit is .08
    Six times that is a .48
    1.7 would be over four times the fatal limit which is about .42
    So it didn't actually read 1.70 on the blower, but good internet story.

19. yeah i'm looking at the sheet right now "Driver under the influence by minor. Drive radmitted to consuming beer before driving" the thing is, the only time I told him I had a beer was AFTER I got breathlyzed, I thought I was gonna blow a 0.0 and after I blew a .0125 I'm like "Well maybe i had a beer 3 hours ago at a friends" since I knew I was already fucked, if you blow anything over 0.0 and you're a minor you get fucked in Texas.

20. lol, obviously he means 0.17. but that is still pretty schammered!